I noted that a few of the previous reviews were from people who had received upgrades. We didn't so I feel that this is a very unbiased account. Our room was no bigger or smaller than most other hotel rooms. Flat screen TV hung in the corner wasn't huge, air con was quite noisy. The view, being at the back of the hotel was a bit grim; directly overlooked another building. That's all the bad I can say. The use of mirrors in the decor was lovely. I noticed that the hotel service brochure even offered a pillow menu! Hotel is in a good location. The complimentary snacks and soft drinks from the fridge was a nice touch (a kit kat, a mars bar, bag of crisps, jar of nuts and about 16 soft drinks). Continental breakfast was included in the price and was probably the best I've ever had. There were pear brulees, lots of fresh fruit, danish pastries (my daughter loved the apple and lavendar ones), cereal, yoghurt; even a fresh honeycomb! However the thing that sets this hotel apart is the staff. Every single one of them went out of their way to make the stay pleasant - nothing was too much trouble and you get the sense that all of them enjoyed their job. Not the cheapest hotel but a nice treat and I felt I got my moneys worth. I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- By the Royal Parks Intimate and sophisticated, the fabulous 5-star Athenaeum is your home-away-from-home in Mayfair, central London. You're opposite Royal Parks and Buckingham Palace, just down the road from national museums and galleries, and close to world-renowned shops and theatres. Michelin-starred chefs For eating and drinking, there's afternoon tea (voted "Best in London 2012"), an restaurant run by Michelin-starred chefs, and a fine bar - home to a large collection of whiskies and signature cocktails. For a little "me-time", our spa offers relaxing treatments, relaxation room, wet area and a well-equipped fitness room. Free WiFi, iPod(R) docks All guestrooms are spacious with modern decor and premium bedding. You can catch a game on the plasma TV, stream tunes through the iPod(R) dock, and browse the Web with free WiFi, all while sipping an espresso coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Agoda, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your The Athenaeum Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Athenaeum Hotel And Apartments
- Athenaeum Hotel Apartments