“Great service and location”
Review of Crescent Hotel

Crescent Hotel
Ranked #521 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Arriving after flight to Gatwick with leg injury from last day of holiday, we were changed to a room that avoided flights of steps and also had a bath. This was so welcome. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable, the location was quiet and the breakfast in the morning was very good. Dasha, the housekeeper, was extremely helpful and brought me some ice for my leg in the morning. There are extra touches that are not always there in a "cheaper" London hotel such as a cosy lounge where there is the option for a snack in the evening. So handy for St Pancras and King's Cross. We have found a gem!

Room Tip: Our lower ground floor room was chosen for bath and easier access. Could hear faint rumble of tube t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Crescent Hotel

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I took my daughters on a short trip to London in Oct. and stayed here. We had a triple room facing the street. We had a nice view of the park and could watch some locals playing tennis. The room was quite spacious but the decor was a little dated. We had our own bathroom and the water pressure/temp. was great. The staff was very helpful with transportation questions restaurant and local shopping questions. The receptionist even made sure that my daughters carried the hotel's card incase we got separated. The breakfast was lovely and we enjoyed chatting with some of the other guests. The free wifi was another plus. We did have some street noise in the evening, not from cars just people walking and talking outside. A good pair of earplugs resolved the problem. We enjoyed our stay here and the proximity to Russell Square tube stop and St. Pancras to get to the airport.

Room Tip: If you are bothered by noise ask for a room at the back, but the street noise wasn't from cars m...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gretchen d
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed here because we had to catch an early train from Euston station. The bed was comfortable and free wifi was a bonus.Perfect hotel for an overnight stay,value for money the one night even included breakfast .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2013

A quiet convenient location about 5-10 minute walk from Russell Square tube. I had a single room although it had a double bed and was spacious. Slightly dated decor but clean and well maintained. The breakfast room could do with redecorating. The breakfast staff were friendly although I wouldn't rave about the breakfast. I had a room at the back of the hotel and it was very quiet and I had no difficulty sleeping. I would consider staying here again if I wanted somewhere in Bloomsbury.

Room Tip: Room at the rear was very quiet but the whole crescent seems quite quiet so front facing rooms may b...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank thepusseycat
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I have stayed here probably 10 different times in the last 20 years. Most recently in late Oct of this year. I enjoy it -- but must say sad to note a few things that make it not the value it once was.
#1- The staff now seem to be eastern European -- (not knocking the area/Country) but their demeanor seems to be rather cold and crusty. Not the smiling, welcoming people I've met over the years -- especially Rita the owner (I hope she reads this).
The property is still very quiet which I appreciate. Still clean. Wallpaper/ paint peeling in our room #19 -- no excuse for that. Breakfast -- going downhill-- no more broiled tomato (really like the way the English do it -- disappointed this time) a scant amount of beans -- and scrambled eggs which were deplorable. Again, a cold attitude by the server as well. This place is costing about $200 per night -- yes I realize London is an expensive town but if I am going to pay this much I really do expect more. I can't say if I'd return or not. Help Rita help!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank NordicSkier_10
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Stayed here with my husband as part of my birthday weekend away in London to celebrate my 50th. We booked a twin room as wasn't sure if a double room would have a big enough sized bed for the both of us as he is 6ft 1" tall & of large stature & I am 5ft 9" so need quite a big bed, we have a superking at home! We were booked into room 19 only up 1 very small flight of steps, it had it's own separate toilet & separate shower room, both or which were adequate. The bedroom itself was quite good but the decor could do with an update, the net curtains were grey & could've done with a good wash. Our window overlooked the small courtyard where smokers could get have a cigarette. Room was very quiet, had specified a quiet room on booking online as I am quite a light sleeper. First nights' sleep was ok, no disturbances but then on the second night I was awoken the early hours (whilst it was still dark) to the pipes making a banging sound. Not sure if someone in another room was having an early morning shower or if the heating/hot water was coming on, but this didn't happen on the first night! Beds were comfortable, we pushed them together as the bed I took was quite close to the wardrobe, this gave more space to get clothes in & out of it. You have to ask for a hairdryer as not automatically in the room, this was no bother but had to ask for another one as the electric cable was rather short on the first one which meant I couldn't see in the mirror when drying my hair. Breakfast both mornings was plentiful, hot & tasty, you could have more tea/coffee & toast at no extra cost. You could also have cereal & fruit if you felt really hungry. Not really a place to stay if you want luxury but is in easy reach of tube station & easy access to the rest of London if you are on a budget.

Room Tip: Room 19 is a quiet room, on booking ask for a quite room to the rear of the hotel, they will gladly...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Endora69
Reviewed 16 October 2013

On this visit, I was traveling alone. Normally, we stay at a double room on the first floor. I chose a room on the third floor, with shower in the room,and toilet down the hall. It was perfectly comfortable.

The third floor would not be suitable for someone with a mobility problem - 45 steps, and that last flight is a little tricky. It was okay for me, but a few years from now, probably not.

As always, the staff and cleanliness were perfect. I look forward to returning.

Room Tip: The top (third floor) is not good for older travelers.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo