Crescent Hotel
US$262
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewscartwright gardensbritish librarytennis courtskings crosssenate housetop floorfull english breakfastrussel squaresingle roomshared bathroomstay there againeuston roadquiet streetbreakfast includedsitting roompancras stationyogurt
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I chose the hotel because of its price and proximity to St.Pancras station (less than 10m walk). I was happy with my stay there, it is very central and an easy walk to public transportation and attractions like the British Museum. The staff is very helpful. There is a computer and printer available for guests, which is useful, in addition to wifi (spotty at times). Breakfast is a standard English breakfast, which was good. The architecture and design were charming, felt very much like I was in Britain, not like a lot of modern hotels where you could be anywhere. On the downside, it was old-fashioned in other regards, too. There is no elevator, only stairs, and they get quite narrow, which is a concern if you have limited mobility or a lot of luggage. The rooms were clean, but they could be refreshed. I had a sink in my room with separate spigots for hot and cold water, which I hadn't seen in years. It was fine, but if you're used to modern hotels it can be a bit of a surprise. I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The hotel is great for travelers who want easy access to central London. I could easily take the tube from Russell Square and walk to the British Museum. The neighborhood is full of cute cafés and restaurants. Breakfast is included in your reservation, which helped me stick to my travel budget. You could serve yourself cereal and juice or order hot breakfast items from the friendly staff. I highly recommend the Crescent Hotel to all travelers!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ngrrl
Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have stayed at several hotels in the street and decided to try this one out as well. The website was helpful. They had builders in and there were signs up with an apology so we expected some noise, but not a drill making a noise at 8 am one morning! The room was old fashioned but very clean, very cosy, with an incredibly large and comfy bed. I liked having a separate loo and shower too as it gave the pair of us some privvacy for our ablutions. Breakfast was good- don't put herbs in the mushrooms though and do clean the plastic tops on the cereal dispensers. There was a lovely friendly young lady in charge of the breakfast room. I liked sitting there eating toast and drinking tea. Of course the location near to the stations, the buses, restaurants, banks, shops and the Tube is a real attraction. Check in and check out was flawless and everyone had a smile on their face.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank thequiettraveller52
Reviewed 12 April 2014

1) A pleasant walk from the St. Pancras International train station if you are coming in on the Eurostar to the Crescent.
2) Russell Square station is a few minutes walk - the Picadilly line goes to Heathrow. There is an agent at Russell Square to help with questions and to purchase your tickets.
3) Great traditional pub right around corner from the crescent, as well as a great choice of ethinic restaurants.
4) The free British Museum which contains the Rosette Stone is a pleasant walk from the Crescent, cutting through the beautiful Russell Square Park
5) The crescent is quiet, with a park right across the street
6) The neighborhood is lovely and welcoming

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jane C
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed in a single room on the third floor (it's a bit of a trek and the last flight of stairs is narrow and windy) with its own shower but shared toilet. Common areas are kept spotless so no worries about sharing the facilities with other guests. For the £65 I paid for the night, it was excellent value considering its central location (five minutes from Russell Square tube, good shopping centre 3 minutes away and loads of eateries/pubs), room(clean bedding, towels provided and shower gel/soap etc) and breakfast thrown in. Breakfast was a little poor (poached egg overdone and only one slice of toast) but perfectly edible. Would question slightly their service thinking - another couple were served their cooked breakfasts a good five minutes apart - even though there was only me and one other in there at the time. Despite previous reviews, I found both the front door staff and the waitresses very polite and efficient.

Room Tip: As others have pointed out, back rooms would be quieter. I had a top floor front room. Little bit of noise from people chatting as went by but not excessive. Nothing the hotel could have done about the inconsiderate scaffolders down the road crashing about at 7am on Sunday morning though. Meh.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo