“Just perfect..... !!!”

Ranked #130 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Trondheim, Norway
“Just perfect..... !!!”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just returned from 6 days at Ridgemount, and we are really satisfied with our stay; very nice and helpful staff, good breakfast, great location, clean room and cheap price for a room for a family of 5. We will definitely stay here next time we are going to London!

Room Tip: Room 17; quiet room on the ground floor facing the garden.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We where three people from Norway sharing a room with a bathroom. Small, but so clean, and just enough for what we where doing for the weekend. When we arrived the owner met us, and everything others rewievers have written is true, he is just great. For our four night stay he asked us what we where doing for the day, and he then told us the easiest way to get around London. He knew everything! The breakfast is good, the staff is lovely and the location is awesome! I will come back to this hotel the next time I´m going to London.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I just loved this hotel. I was looking for a hotel that was economical and could sleep three adults as my daughter joined us for this part of our trip. The room was great - clean and easily accommodated us all. The owners were very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home. The breakfast was good and filling. Location was perfect - bus stopped right outside - and it was easy to get to the train. Our room had an ensuite and the bathroom was a decent size. I visited three cities during my vacation and this was by far my favorite hotel. If I visit London again, I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Since I tend to over pack, I appreciated that my room was on the first floor. Since we were in the...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I rated the Ridgemount a 4 Star only because it did not have air conditioning. The location is perfect, walk to Soho, theaters, Oxford Street, the British Museum and many other attractions. The hotel is older, but my single room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the bed comfortable. The corridors were clean. It is obvious the owners take good care of the interior. No peeling paint or soiled carpets here. The breakfast (included in the $100.00 rate) was tasty and filling. A few things to consider if you plan on staying there. The back of the hotel is quieter than the front, so if you like to sleep with a window open, you should request a rear facing room. Also, there is no lift, so if you can't or don't like to climb stairs you may want to request a room on the lower levels. The wifi worked very well and they have two computers in the lounge to print out your plane tickets or research the local restaurants. All in all, a perfect place to stay if your visiting London for sightseeing and theater.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank ETROKER
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I don't have any experience with other London hotels, but after my stay at the Ridgemount last week, I have no reason to seek that experience in the future. Loved everything about the hotel. Great location in central London. Easy walking distance to many things, and for locations beyond that, there is easy, nearby access to a couple different tube stops. From what I've read in all my research, the room size was normal for the location and price. I hate Americans who complain about the size of rooms, so here's one American who enjoyed the room size. It was exactly what I wanted/needed. Why would I want a big room when I'm going to be out exploring the city all day anyway? If you do want more space, there's a nice parlor room to relax in, and also a couple computers there to use. When I was in my room, the bed was comfortable, and the Wi-fi was excellent. My stay included shared facilities, and this worked out perfectly. Nice, clean toilet and shower areas. Gower Street is a bit busy, and my room faced it, so if traffic noise bothers you, you might want a back room. I like the hum of the traffic, so it was great for me. The breakfast was exceptional. Good food, and the waitresses are incredibly friendly and attentive. The rest of the staff is very friendly as well.. Mr. Rees is golden! :-) From all my research beforehand, you also get all this for an extremely competitive price. I can hardly wait to get back to London, and when I do, I'll be staying at the Ridgemount again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Kurt S
Stellenbosch, South Africa
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This is by far the best budget hotel you will ever stay in. Friendly and knowledgeable staff! Rooms are clean, neat and a fairly good size for a budget hotel. We did not have an en suite room, but found the bathroom facilities more than adequate. Breakfast is lovely with very friendly and helpful waitresses! The manager checked on us each morning at breakfast and made sure we had our arrangements for the day in order. Free coffee and tea facilities were a bonus after a late night out. Don't expect a 5 star hotel, but if budget is what you are looking for, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Shaun_Stell
Firenze, Italia
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

I spent 5 nights at The Ridgemount on late October, I had a double room en suite on the first floor, as the room was on the rear it was very quiet. As in the other hotels in the area, rooms are small but efficient, I only spent the night in it so all I needed was a bed and a bathroom. Good wi-fi connection in room. Free hot drinks machine in the lounge, english breakfast included in the room rate with the possibility of lighter options. The family who ownes the place is really nice and friendly. The location is convenient, near the british museum, a lot of bus lines just across the street and walking distance to Leicester Square, Covent Garden and Oxford Street. I would definitely come back.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple