“Great weekend”
Review of Ridgemount Hotel

Ridgemount Hotel
Ranked #132 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 December 2013

We spent three nights at the Ridgemount hotel in Gower Street last weekend, visiting our grandson in London. It’s an easy walk from Euston station, in about five or six minutes.
We where met by Aled and Gwen, shown the free tea and coffee machine and computers in the lounge. Our room, thirty two was at the top of the hotel was clean and tidy with good quality towels and linen. Breakfast was very good and a change not to be self service. This hotel is ideally situated for the British Museum and all of central London, a bus stop and Googe Street underground station are near by, along with many value for money, restaurants. Would I stay here again? Yes I certainly would

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tourist55

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Fantastic location. Friendly service. Warm and quiet (double window layer). Breakfast was good, if a bit fussy on the service side - I preferred to be able to serve my own drinks and cereal but wasn't allowed to! The room had more room than a similar priced over at the Jesmond and the bed was a double rather than a single, but there were no in-room tea-making facilities. A nice lounge area downstairs had a dispenser but with paper cups only :-( Otherwise a comfortable stopover.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Wasn't an enormous fan of the Ridgemount ... Rooms are small and dated. I tend NOT to spend a lot of time in my room, but even just to collapse in, I felt a bit wedged in. Sheets, mattresses and furnishings worn and questionably clean (holes and thread-bare). For the same price, you can get larger more comfortable rooms further out from the centre.

While very close to the British Museum (and around), you're taking the tube or the bus nearly anywhere else ... If you're doing that, stay further out of the city where there's more quiet and better value.

Breakfast is acceptable. If nothing else it takes the guessing games out of your morning.

Staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank sam_and_jaime
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Just returned from 6 days at Ridgemount, and we are really satisfied with our stay; very nice and helpful staff, good breakfast, great location, clean room and cheap price for a room for a family of 5. We will definitely stay here next time we are going to London!

Room Tip: Room 17; quiet room on the ground floor facing the garden.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We where three people from Norway sharing a room with a bathroom. Small, but so clean, and just enough for what we where doing for the weekend. When we arrived the owner met us, and everything others rewievers have written is true, he is just great. For our four night stay he asked us what we where doing for the day, and he then told us the easiest way to get around London. He knew everything! The breakfast is good, the staff is lovely and the location is awesome! I will come back to this hotel the next time I´m going to London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I just loved this hotel. I was looking for a hotel that was economical and could sleep three adults as my daughter joined us for this part of our trip. The room was great - clean and easily accommodated us all. The owners were very friendly and helpful and made us feel right at home. The breakfast was good and filling. Location was perfect - bus stopped right outside - and it was easy to get to the train. Our room had an ensuite and the bathroom was a decent size. I visited three cities during my vacation and this was by far my favorite hotel. If I visit London again, I will definitely stay here.

Room Tip: Since I tend to over pack, I appreciated that my room was on the first floor. Since we were in the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I rated the Ridgemount a 4 Star only because it did not have air conditioning. The location is perfect, walk to Soho, theaters, Oxford Street, the British Museum and many other attractions. The hotel is older, but my single room was clean, the bathroom was clean, and the bed comfortable. The corridors were clean. It is obvious the owners take good care of the interior. No peeling paint or soiled carpets here. The breakfast (included in the $100.00 rate) was tasty and filling. A few things to consider if you plan on staying there. The back of the hotel is quieter than the front, so if you like to sleep with a window open, you should request a rear facing room. Also, there is no lift, so if you can't or don't like to climb stairs you may want to request a room on the lower levels. The wifi worked very well and they have two computers in the lounge to print out your plane tickets or research the local restaurants. All in all, a perfect place to stay if your visiting London for sightseeing and theater.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo