“Great Spot, Would Recommend!”
Review of Ridgemount Hotel

Ridgemount Hotel
Ranked #130 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Calgary, Canada
“Great Spot, Would Recommend!”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

My wife and I started our European adventure here for 4 nights at the beginning of April, and we're glad we did. This was our first time in London, and the location was perfect. The directions they provide you upon booking are bang on and easy to follow. Close to Russel Square train station on the Piccadilly line, it's very easy to get to and from Heathrow Airport and all other major London sites during your stay. There's also a bus stop close by if that's the type of transit you'd rather take. Either way, easy to get to a lot of the main sites in the city.

Rooms are small and simple but very clean and have everything you need to feel comfortable. I would recommend a room away from the street if you'd prefer a little less noise, as this place faces a pretty busy street. My wife and I had a street facing room, and it wasn't that bad, especially at night when things quite down a bit. But we don't really care about that type of thing.

Staff was excellent. As soon as we arrived they were helpful, accommodating and friendly.

The breakfast was bang on with a good selection of eggs, bacon, cereal, toast, coffee, tea, etc. Definitely a great way to start the day, There are also some good pubs, restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance.

All this, with the price, would definitely get us staying here again and recommending to others. Great work!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jeff C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
  • Korean first
NYC
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We arrived around 2pm and were able to check right into our room. We were facing the courtyard on the 3rd floor. We were kindly informed when and where breakfast was, the wifi password, and to come to the front desk with any questions. Our room was clean and turned up every day, it was small but it did the trick. Breakfast was delicious, I highly recommend the sausage and breakfast tea. The front desk helped us with all of our questions and saved us both time and money on how to get to particular areas. The British Museum is also right down the block, when you can get there in under 5 minutes it is a must. I would definitely return to the Ridgemount if/when I visit London again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing away from the street.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Philly
Reviewed 28 April 2014

The Ridgemount is definitely a traveller's hotel! The rooms are small yet clean and well-equipped, the beds are small yet comfortable. It is a perfect cost-effective place to stay when visiting London! The breakfast is perfect to launch your day!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back will be a lot quieter than the front! There are lots of busses running down G...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Gothenburg, Sweden
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at Ridgemount Hotel with my best friend for 4 nights. We had a room on the top floor (85 steps down to the breakfast room). It was clean, big enough for the two of us and beds and pillows where fine. The bathroom was good but lacked toileteries. There was a hair dryer in the room but we missed coffe and tea making facilities in our room. You could get it all downstairs in the lounge room for free. There is also a Venedig machine for your softdrinks.
Breakfast was good and the staff was wonderful. We walked from here to every place in town and the bus and tube where very close. I would love to stay here again. Thank you very much!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I have stayed at the Ridgemount Hotel numerous times since my first visit in 1982. Yes, I really am that old and still able to move. The Ridgemount is close to theatres, shopping, great historical attractions and many good places to eat and have a drink (think of the great British pubs). Royden will often find you at breakfast and help plan your adventure for the day.

Over the years, I have referred 37 people to the Ridgemount as a wonderful, clean, inexpensive hotel. Not one of those people has complained about the Ridgemount.

Royden and Gwen have always been great hosts. Aled and Onwin were little kids on our first visits. They are now helping run the place and there are new little kids playing in the yard.

Try it. You will like it. My whole family liked it.

Room Tip: Try to get an ensuite room. They are worth the few extra dollars.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank wallaby2009
Jyvaskyla, Finland
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Very friendly and helpful service. Environmental pleasant and quiet, good location, convenient to move around in many places. Rooms tasteful Londoners, a great atmosphere. Breakfast plentiful and special diet were taken into account as well. A lot of the staff there and the service is fast. A clean and comfortable hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Vellu R
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I honestly have nothing bad to say about this hotel everything about my experience here was amazing. I recently stayed for 4 nights and the staff was more than helpful and the room was clean, as well as the bathrooms. The location is excellent, it is easy walking distance to a lot of the tourist attractions or just a 5 minute walk to the Goodge Street underground station. I dont think you will find a better place for the price and the location. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that was traveling to London and when I make it back I will be staying here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo