1,385 results
All reviews gower street british museum goodge st mr rees free coffee and tea english breakfast family run hotel university college every morning beans shared bathroom top floor euston square overlooking the garden no elevator ensuite room vending machine
Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Visited London for 3 nights for the ballet and sightseeing . Looked extensively and this was the best value accommodation with best customer reviews within zone 1/2 for my group size ( myself and two early 20s kids) . The landlady gave me a call on the day of arrival to check my room preferences before we came and take an eta which was a nice touch . We were in the room with 3 single beds and en suite on the ground floor . The accommodation is basic , the kids said it reminded them a bit of a student House , but very clean and comfy , and lets face it few people visit London to sit in a room all day .It was reasonably quiet considering the location and looked onto the walled back garden which was nice . The garden was well maintained and cute .The owner let customers kids out to play and see the resident Guinea pigs which was nice . Breakfast was more than adequate with 2 bacon egg and a third item . Unlimited toast cereal tea / coffee and OJ . The girls who serve have immaculate manners. When my daughter and I said we didn’t want cooked food on last day the girl tried very hard to offer alternatives which was sweet . Beds are very comfy , needed to ask for a fan as this building is hot ! Seemed very airless and warm but once again owner did what she could to help . Although we were not first time visitors the lady was extremely helpful in giving tips . Room was cleaned every day to a high standard .very very handy location, walking distance to theatreland , Oxford Street , Covent Garden , Chinatown . We only used the tube once to go to South Kensington for the nhm . It seems there are many repeat visitors we spoke to a couple from Sausalito who had been 20 times . Would definitely use this place again . I used the travelodges when the kids were younger but the prices have went orbital this is a much nicer alternative. I will definitely use again . Thanks for a pleasant stay

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Great price and quite comfortable. Free hot drinks machine in the spacious communal living room area with comfortable leather sofas and chairs. Great central location and the free wifi connection didn't drop out once in the three days I was there. The only criticism I would have is that they should replace external windows with triple glazing for extra noise protection.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2018

A nonsense hotel on a perfect location in London, near Russel Square, the British Museum (take the back door entrance) and the university. The rooms are clean. Sharing restroom and shower is not a problem. The English breakfast is prepared on order and served by the friendly staff.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

As long as you remember this is a value hotel, and in fact exceptional value for London, you will appreciate this hotel. Good points include the friendly and helpful staff, a cooked breakfast, good free wifi and excellent location - 5 mins from Euston, the British museum and UCL. There is also a lounge with books and complimentary coffee. Of course for this price rooms are small and my room did not have a bathroom, although the shared one was fine. No a/c so pretty warm.
Don't even think about driving as local parking is limited and very expensive. There are lots of tube stations within 5 mins walk.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank SB01
Reviewed 11 June 2018

I stayed in the Ridgemount for 3 days. The location is very nice (walking distance from Kings Cross/St. Pancras in case you arrive by train. Very helpful staff during check in, check out and breakfast. Room was very well cleaned. Room was fine for me, but would have been small for 2 persons.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business