“Decadence included” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #49 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Walsall, United Kingdom
“Decadence included”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014 via mobile

Having just returned from a two night stay at Claridge's, I can now say that I have experienced the decadence of this iconic hotel in the heart of London.
Oxford Street, Bond Street, Regents Street, and Berkeley Square, to name just a few, are all within easy walking distance.
The hotel itself is famous from the tv show and is a familiar name to many who could never afford the experience.
Exceptional food, luxurious room, professionally courteous staff and the most comfortable bed ever.
Well worth experiencing for yourself.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear "Andrew M,

Thank you for your great review and kind recommendation.

We hope you can stay with us again soon.

Thomas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

We live in London and chose Claridge's to host our wedding breakfast (afternoon tea), drinks and to stay the night after our civil wedding. Our day could not have been better and would like to thank in particular Miguel and Glenn for their professionalism and generosity in their hosting of our event.

For those not familiar with the splendour of Claridge's, it really is the best. Their afternoon tea is unrivalled, you will not get the slickness of service anywhere else in London and whilst you can perhaps get a similar food service (although at very few), you will not find anywhere that, because of this service and the room where they serve the tea, feels this luxurious. The hotel itself is beautiful, an art deco masterpiece - well kept and invested in over the years, and perfectly located. I would gladly live here (!) however with budget not allowing happily recommend it for a 'only the best will do' London trip.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear "orchid164",

Thank you for choosing Claridge's on such a very special and important day.

Miguel, Glenn and, in fact, everyone here at the hotel joins me in sending our renewed congratulations to you both.

We hope to be able to welcome you back soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My husband and I always stay at Claridge's when we visit London, about once a year. This is a beautiful and elegant old-world hotel that is well maintained. Even with a year in between visits, the elevator operator greets us with a "welcome back." The rooms are larger than average for a London hotel and have nice art deco details. The marble bathrooms have wonderfully large soaking tubs. I would definitely recommend having afternoon tea in the lobby lounge (but book it well in advance!).

Room Tip: Request a "city view" room; otherwise, you may be relegated to looking into the interior c...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank wanderlustnyc45
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear "wanderlustnyc45",

Long may we be your "go-to hotel in London".

Until your next visit we wish you happy travels,
Llanelli, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

My daughter and I were treated to a night in Claridges and afternoon tea to boot by my 19year old son. We turned up in jeans and backpacks (our normal attire) and were greeted with exemplary politeness by the staff. Our room was clean, the beds very comfortable and the bathroom luxurious. On arrival we were offered champagne but my daughter opted for the complimentary smoothie instead. Afternoon tea was a very pleasant affair, my daughter is 15 and was impressed and felt very special as the staff made every effort to make us comfortable. All in all my son has paid for a memory that will stay with us for life. It's not cheap but memories are not about money but experiences and this is one I would not have liked to miss. Thank you to all the staff who helped make our stay so enjoyable and my son for giving it to us.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Claire C
Dear "Claire C",

I am so pleased that you and your daughter took away some wonderful memories and thank you to your son for choosing Claridge's.

Worthing
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have wanted to stay at Claridges since I was a child and finally on my 45th birthday I got my chance. We had booked the Superior Queen Room (the cheapest!) and had hoped for a complmentary upgrade but it was not mean't to be. The room however was ready at 11am which suited us fine.

The room was lovely (5th floor) and overlooked the courtyard. The furniture was original art deco as was the bathroom which is exactly what I had asked for. It is quite funny how some people have complained about the place being old! I think it adds to the charm - why else would you go there?. The room was not huge but it was extremely comfortable and homey and the quality of everything in it was top notch. The bed was so cosy that I slept through 2 whole nights which us unusual for me in a hotel.

Our first wow moment came when the valets turned up to unpack our bags. I had assumed that this would happen when we had gone out and I did feel a bt silly standing there while they handled my underthings...that was a funny moment. Also, the lady in the powder room turns on the taps for you.

2 glasses of champage and a rather sweet happy birthday desert where brought to our room which was a lovey touch.

I prefer the main bar to the Fumoir. The black pearl cocktails are amazing. The atmosphere in the whole place is very relaxed and everyone minds their own business. I can see why you are not allowed to take photos in the public areas. It would be a bit tacky.

What I love is that Claridges is proper posh and not fake posh. It's about class, style and good manners rather than trash and cash (no acrylic nails here). I did not feel judged for not being rich or famous (by staff or other guests) and felt as if I was accorded the same level of service and courtesy as my fellow guests. For 2 days we felt like royalty. The staff are professional and friendly but they let you have space. Because of the intimate nature of the service, it feels more like you are staying in a country house rather than a hotel.

The room service is fantastic too. After a night of cocktails in the bar we had a hankering for sausage and mash. This is not on the menu but I asked for it anyway. Rather than telling me it was not available I was asked ; 'would you like peas with that madam?'. Everything we ate was delicious. The portions were huge.

I will deffinitely go again. Although it is expensive I did not feel ripped off. I'll start saving now!!

Room Tip: Don't get hung up about being upgraded - The money you spend on a bigger room would be better sp...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BluesterNew
Dear "BluesterNew",

We were so pleased that you were able to realise your childhood dream and on such a very special occasion.

Your fantastic review was appreciated by each and every member of the team and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a wonderful weekend in London at Claridge's. The hotel is extremely well located; walking distance from excellent shopping. I was most impressed with the incredible service. They are attentive and kind making it a pleasure to stay there. The rooms are a little dated but on the 5th floor we had a beautiful view of the city rooftops. The hotel lobby is spectacular.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
BeacherPaul
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I've been for drinks at Claridge's many times but had never stayed before. The hotel is so personal and intimate, you really get spoilt. The rooms are classically elegant and well appointed and the service is attentive without being intrusive... For a real occasion and treat this is the hotel to go in London, without exception.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank BeacherPaul
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear "BeacherPaul",

We were so pleaed to learn that you enjoyed your first overnight stay with us - may it be the first of many.

With kind regards,