“My fabulous new home in London....” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Claridge's

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Claridge's
Ranked #49 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“My fabulous new home in London....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

After staying at Claridges for 10 days in May/June this year, I simply wouldn't stay anywhere else in London.
Claridges is, in a word, perfect. From the moment we arrived, (with a huge load of luggage) everything was done to make our stay memorable. Our car was unloaded and the luggage whipped up to our room immediately. We were greeted like old, welcome friends and made to feel special by every staff member we met.
Reception was fast and very courteous, and we were shown to our beautiful deluxe room--light airy and overlooking the street, just as I had requested.
The walk-in wardrobe was fantastic--clean and fresh smelling--with plenty of room to unpack ALL of our luggage and store the suitcases as well.
The beds are really comfortable, the linens nice and crisp. Even the pillows are worth a mention. The room was lovely--decorated tastefully, well lit and really comfortable--a pleasant place to relax.
The bathroom was amazing by most hotel standards. It was huge, with a separate bath, shower and toilet (with a heated seat, which I still miss : )) and double basins set into a large vanity. Decorated in black and white marble, the lighting was excellent and there was plenty of room to store toiletries and makeup for both myself and my teenage daughter. (by the way-- the shower had fabulous pressure and consistent temperature--heaven)
Everything was immaculately clean and well maintained. The highest standards were adhered to by all staff, from housekeeping to the doormen.
Room service was excellent. The food was lovely and arrived hot and on time. (I hate cold toast for breakfast and Claridges is one of the few hotels on this planet who is able to make the toast arrive warm and crisp). I think I drove the room service staff mad with my requests for buckets of crushed ice, but there was never a problem, no matter what time I requested it. In fact, when we arrived back at the hotel in the afternoons from shopping or sightseeing, as soon as I picked up the phone, they anticipated my request and sent it right up. The staff really are fabulous.
The restaurants are both amazing, Afternoon tea was refined and the food was delicious. We were accommodated with a table, despite our impulsive decision late in the afternoon. We also used the Fumior. Both times we had a pleasant time and were not disappointed by either the service or the drinks/food. It all works and everything is maintained to the highest standards.
One doorman requires a special mention - John. He is wonderful. A cheerful, smiling individual who simply makes your day with a few words and never failed to make us smile or more often the case--crack up with laughter. The man is a legend.
I stay in 5 star hotels all over the world and I have never felt so at home or welcome as I did at Claridges. It didn't matter whether you walked around dressed in Armani and heels or jeans and runners, you were treated with the same courtesy and friendliness by the staff,
My daughter and I had a fabulous time there and I don't think I would stay anywhere else in London. It's within walking distance of Bond street (shopping heaven) and Oxford street and many fine restaurants too, including Le Gavroche, which is five minutes walk up the road.
Claridges truly exceeded our expectations and made the final ten days of a two month trip to the UK utterly perfect. It truly is as good as its reputation and we cannot wait to go back..
Stay for as long as you can. It's worth it. You'll love it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank wanderingbear

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just spent one night here, to visit a nearby restaurant (see separate review of Hibiscus). It was a great experience - the public areas are beautifully kept and the service was just right - friendly and knowledgeable. Our room (overlooking the internal “well” of the building, so lovely and quiet) was fine - excellent bed linen (and lots of choice of pillows and duvets, if needed), very comfortable bed. Bathroom fully equipped, with a great (easy to operate) shower. Evening turndown service was exemplary. We both used the free shoe-shine service (silly not to).
We went to the bar after returning from dinner - very good service and very pleasant ambiance. Breakfast was huge and delicious (though it should be at those prices), only slightly marred by presence of two small children at adjacent table.
The doorman was unperturbed when we arrived by motorcycle (unlike some other “top end” hotels in the area) and was most helpful. Can’t think of anything I’d change.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at Claridge's this weekend, and had the most wonderful stay. Everything from the booking process months ago to the checkout yesterday was perfect. We were staying here to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday, but even with a special occasion to celebrate I would struggle with the standard rate for rooms here. I attempted to book for a couple of weeks earlier, but the special offer I was attempting to book wasn't available. When I called the reservations team they explained that this was due to Wimbledon being on, so instead looked at any other weekend that I could book the special offer price, and weren't in the least bit put off by the fact that I couldn't afford the standard rate. When I mentioned that it was to celebrate my husband's big birthday, she promised that it would be noted and made special, and indeed it was! When we arrived my husband was immediately wished a happy birthday by the reception staff, we were given a mini tour of the hotel facilities with interesting information about the history of the hotel. We were shown to our beautiful room (311) which has recently been refurbished and redesigned by Diane von Furstenberg, where we found a bottle of champagne and selection of chocolates with "Happy Birthday" written on the plate! Our lighting system worked on two different "scenes" for different moods in the room, the sunken bath was enormous with a TV in the wall, the toiletries smelt amazing, the bed was incredibly comfortable, the towels soft, fluffy and fragrant. Every member of staff we came across were fantastic, from the friendly door staff to the impeccable waiting staff. The breakfasts were delicious - it's probably going to take me a fortnight to shift the weight I gained! Nothing was too much trouble for anyone. Sadly I don't have the funds to be a Claridge's regular, but the staff made me feel like we were. The only VERY slight negative point I can make is that we were woken up a little earlier than we would have liked on Sunday morning by the sound of furniture scraping across a floor - sounded like it was above us. I assume somebody's room was either being rearranged or cleaned, as it went on for a while. Probably wouldn't even warrant a mention in any other hotel, and says something about how perfect everything else was that we even noticed the minor annoyance. Thank you to all of the team at Claridge's for making the weekend truly memorable, I don't think we stopped smiling all weekend. I can't wait to save up the money to make a return trip!

Room Tip: I'm fairly sure that any room would be wonderful here.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My wife surprised me with a Saturday night in Claridge's for my Birthday. The reputation speaks for itself but the simplest way I can describe the experience is simply outstanding. This is not only because of the history, grandeur and luxury of the hotel, but the warmth and friendliness of all the staff we met. I must especially praise Greg the senior receptionist who really went far beyond the call of duty, and nothing was too much trouble.

We stayed in Room 542 which was classed as a superior room and it had a more classical style that we liked. It was a good size room with a very comfortable king size bed and it was well equipped with beautiful linen, fluffy towels and a large well equipped bathroom. It didn't have a view as the windows opened over the inner courtyard, but the benefit of this was a peaceful nights sleep.

Our evening began with champagne within Claridge's Bar, and followed by a wonderful supper at Fera, which I have reviewed separately. In the morning we had the full English breakfast, with pastries and the service front of house and from the kitchen was very slick all within a stunning setting.

All in all it was a delightful experience, and thank you to Claridge's.

Stayed July 2014
Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

i booked the cheapest room available but it was not bad , reason for booking is it is very near to oxford st and sefridge,s all shopping mall are walking dist , nearest underground is bond station , 3 min walk , breakfast is waiter served and very good , it has french restaurant on back , one of the best in town , and very good bar just back side the hotel . from airport to here if advance taxi booked charged me 50 pound which was very good . food in the hotel room is just ok , but this area is the best place to stay .now a days construction near to that going on , so stay after 2 month it will be the best .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Helsinki
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

I visited in April for two nights. I have visited London tens of times and Claridge's is my current favourite. The best things are the wonderfull staff and the beautiful common areas.

DOn't get me wrong, the rooms are ok as well, but if you expect american chain hotel style, this hotel is not for you as the building is old and the rooms are different from each other. I have always been happy with the room, you get what you pay for. This time I was alone so I booked the least expensive room and it was perfectly ok and comfortable for a two nights weekend stay. For our next stay with the husband I already booked a bigger room.

I met some friends in the bar and the champagne and service was great as always. We visited the bar last time in December when we could't get a room in Claridges and stayed unfortunately elsewhere, but came in the to have some lunch in the bar. The service was as good as ever for outsiders as well. I especially love the breakfast which is waiter served, no nasty buffet in sight!

So, thank you all great staff of Claridge's! See you in November again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MrsMK
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

My wifes 40th, so i booked a two night stay at claridges.
I arranged for the claridges chauffeur to collect us from Euston,my wife did not know and made her feel very special and i personally loved it, as we walked up platform 5 we were greeted by the chauffeur Mikhail dressed in a very smart suit holding a board with the claridges emblem on it, he wished my wife happy birthday and then took our cases, we were escorted to a stunning S class mercedes and then made our way to the hotel, on route he called the hotel to tell them we would be arriving and to prepare for our arrival, we were greeted by a hotel member of staff and whisked into the hotel, we checked in and were then offered a lovely glass of laurent perrier champagne, this is the house champagne.
We then had a fabulous lunch in the bar and then checked into our room which was stunning just stunning.
All i can say is that the whole weekend at claridges was amazing, elegant refined top class service, you really are treated superbly, it is a hotel full of understated glamour and full of history, sublime in every way.
The Fumoire bar is stunning, to sit in there having a gin and tonic surrounded by the priceless lalique glass is so special, the lobby with all the beautiful fresh flowers and original features amazing, the food , the service what you would expect superb.
To close we had a wonderful memorable weekend and i thank claridges hotel and staff for making my wifes 40th very special indeed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank jez s
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear "jez s",

What a wonderful review - thank you from us all.

We were thrilled that you chose a stay at Claridge's to celebrate your wife's special birthday and to learn that your enjoyment of your visit began from the moment you were met at the station.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

With all good wishes,