“You don't get much better than Claridge's!”
Review of Claridge's

Claridge's
Ranked #41 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Claridge's is a classically upper end British hotel near the ultimate in shopping Mayfair district. Extraordinary personal and friendly service defines this place. The rooms are large but do not look to plug in many of your computers, phones, ipads, or other techie things....We found the accessibility to and the quantity of available plugs lacking. Offsetting this - the amenities in the bathrooms are extensive and the beds you will want to bring home with you!

If you want to go to the theater-see their friendly theater Concierge. he was very helpful in getting us tickets and making recommendations!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,926)

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at Claridges in June for four nights and did not want to leave. Our experience there was incredible in many ways but most of all made perfect by the wonderful staff and management. Our rooms were absolutely fabulous and housekeeping kept them perfectly. We had tea with family in the lobby restaurant and really enjoyed ourselves. We often had late night drinks in the cozy bar and felt right at home. The most lovely thing, however, was being treated so well by the staff and management. Everyone in the hotel from the front desk staff to the doormen addressed us by name and offered to help us. I doubt we have ever experienced quite such lovely treatment in our world wide travels. We look forward to future visits as Claridges is now our favorite hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lucindaw
Thomas_Kochs, General Manager at Claridge's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear “lucindaw”,

What a super review – thank you for your many kind words.

We look forward to all your future stays and to your reaching out to us whenever we can be of assistance to you.

With best wishes,

Thomas

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We used Claridges for a corporate drinks and dinner event. The room was superb (the Kensington & St James Rooms) and the service was outstanding. In particular Jenny McKeown from the Events team ensured that everything was perfect for us.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear “Aoife2327”,

Jenny and the entire Private Events Team join me in thanking you for your great review.

We hope that either business or pleasure will bring you back to London … and Claridge’s soon.

With all good wishes,

Thomas

Reviewed 15 July 2014

I found the hotel to be remarkably mixed, in a way that I would not have predicted for a place of such past eminence.
The room itself was small, dark and, actually, quite ugly (room 437, for the record). It faced an interior courtyard, the principal view being of service areas of one sort or another. I was pretty surprised when I opened the door, having some loose family memories of a fire in the fireplace and the like. Bluntly, I have seen better rooms in a second- or even third-tier hotel.
On the other hand, everything else (and I mean everything) was exactly as it should be, and a great pleasure. Passing the unfortunate big things (size, location and aesthetics), every little thing about the room (and one really big thing) was well thought out and flawlessly executed. The bedding was lovely, warm and cozy, the bathing both lovely and highly functional, not an easy trick, the soap fine and English, bottled water appeared like clockwork and, critically, the room was very quiet despite its unpromising location.
And, need I say, every single element of the service is perfect, polite and friendly, laced with the expected English reserve, without fawning and without wasted motion. One can only imagine the amount and rigor of the associated training.
So, all in all, a lovely experience, arrived at in a somewhat unexpected way. Perhaps the lesson is, since you are springing for Claridge's anyway, pay the extra amount required to have the beautiful room that no doubt exists.
One last thing, which I hesitate to mention. Look at the bill. There are some differences between things promised and charges ultimately received, which, depending on the temperament of the individual traveler, one might pursue.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Greer P
Reviewed 14 July 2014

After staying at Claridges for 10 days in May/June this year, I simply wouldn't stay anywhere else in London.
Claridges is, in a word, perfect. From the moment we arrived, (with a huge load of luggage) everything was done to make our stay memorable. Our car was unloaded and the luggage whipped up to our room immediately. We were greeted like old, welcome friends and made to feel special by every staff member we met.
Reception was fast and very courteous, and we were shown to our beautiful deluxe room--light airy and overlooking the street, just as I had requested.
The walk-in wardrobe was fantastic--clean and fresh smelling--with plenty of room to unpack ALL of our luggage and store the suitcases as well.
The beds are really comfortable, the linens nice and crisp. Even the pillows are worth a mention. The room was lovely--decorated tastefully, well lit and really comfortable--a pleasant place to relax.
The bathroom was amazing by most hotel standards. It was huge, with a separate bath, shower and toilet (with a heated seat, which I still miss : )) and double basins set into a large vanity. Decorated in black and white marble, the lighting was excellent and there was plenty of room to store toiletries and makeup for both myself and my teenage daughter. (by the way-- the shower had fabulous pressure and consistent temperature--heaven)
Everything was immaculately clean and well maintained. The highest standards were adhered to by all staff, from housekeeping to the doormen.
Room service was excellent. The food was lovely and arrived hot and on time. (I hate cold toast for breakfast and Claridges is one of the few hotels on this planet who is able to make the toast arrive warm and crisp). I think I drove the room service staff mad with my requests for buckets of crushed ice, but there was never a problem, no matter what time I requested it. In fact, when we arrived back at the hotel in the afternoons from shopping or sightseeing, as soon as I picked up the phone, they anticipated my request and sent it right up. The staff really are fabulous.
The restaurants are both amazing, Afternoon tea was refined and the food was delicious. We were accommodated with a table, despite our impulsive decision late in the afternoon. We also used the Fumior. Both times we had a pleasant time and were not disappointed by either the service or the drinks/food. It all works and everything is maintained to the highest standards.
One doorman requires a special mention - John. He is wonderful. A cheerful, smiling individual who simply makes your day with a few words and never failed to make us smile or more often the case--crack up with laughter. The man is a legend.
I stay in 5 star hotels all over the world and I have never felt so at home or welcome as I did at Claridges. It didn't matter whether you walked around dressed in Armani and heels or jeans and runners, you were treated with the same courtesy and friendliness by the staff,
My daughter and I had a fabulous time there and I don't think I would stay anywhere else in London. It's within walking distance of Bond street (shopping heaven) and Oxford street and many fine restaurants too, including Le Gavroche, which is five minutes walk up the road.
Claridges truly exceeded our expectations and made the final ten days of a two month trip to the UK utterly perfect. It truly is as good as its reputation and we cannot wait to go back..
Stay for as long as you can. It's worth it. You'll love it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank wanderingbear
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just spent one night here, to visit a nearby restaurant (see separate review of Hibiscus). It was a great experience - the public areas are beautifully kept and the service was just right - friendly and knowledgeable. Our room (overlooking the internal “well” of the building, so lovely and quiet) was fine - excellent bed linen (and lots of choice of pillows and duvets, if needed), very comfortable bed. Bathroom fully equipped, with a great (easy to operate) shower. Evening turndown service was exemplary. We both used the free shoe-shine service (silly not to).
We went to the bar after returning from dinner - very good service and very pleasant ambiance. Breakfast was huge and delicious (though it should be at those prices), only slightly marred by presence of two small children at adjacent table.
The doorman was unperturbed when we arrived by motorcycle (unlike some other “top end” hotels in the area) and was most helpful. Can’t think of anything I’d change.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at Claridge's this weekend, and had the most wonderful stay. Everything from the booking process months ago to the checkout yesterday was perfect. We were staying here to celebrate my husband's 40th birthday, but even with a special occasion to celebrate I would struggle with the standard rate for rooms here. I attempted to book for a couple of weeks earlier, but the special offer I was attempting to book wasn't available. When I called the reservations team they explained that this was due to Wimbledon being on, so instead looked at any other weekend that I could book the special offer price, and weren't in the least bit put off by the fact that I couldn't afford the standard rate. When I mentioned that it was to celebrate my husband's big birthday, she promised that it would be noted and made special, and indeed it was! When we arrived my husband was immediately wished a happy birthday by the reception staff, we were given a mini tour of the hotel facilities with interesting information about the history of the hotel. We were shown to our beautiful room (311) which has recently been refurbished and redesigned by Diane von Furstenberg, where we found a bottle of champagne and selection of chocolates with "Happy Birthday" written on the plate! Our lighting system worked on two different "scenes" for different moods in the room, the sunken bath was enormous with a TV in the wall, the toiletries smelt amazing, the bed was incredibly comfortable, the towels soft, fluffy and fragrant. Every member of staff we came across were fantastic, from the friendly door staff to the impeccable waiting staff. The breakfasts were delicious - it's probably going to take me a fortnight to shift the weight I gained! Nothing was too much trouble for anyone. Sadly I don't have the funds to be a Claridge's regular, but the staff made me feel like we were. The only VERY slight negative point I can make is that we were woken up a little earlier than we would have liked on Sunday morning by the sound of furniture scraping across a floor - sounded like it was above us. I assume somebody's room was either being rearranged or cleaned, as it went on for a while. Probably wouldn't even warrant a mention in any other hotel, and says something about how perfect everything else was that we even noticed the minor annoyance. Thank you to all of the team at Claridge's for making the weekend truly memorable, I don't think we stopped smiling all weekend. I can't wait to save up the money to make a return trip!

Room Tip: I'm fairly sure that any room would be wonderful here.