Claridge's
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
2,004 results
All reviewsafternoon teaclaridges barmayfair suitebond streetbottle of champagneevery member of staffupgraded to a suitethe ritzluxury hotelbirthday treatamazing hotelan upgradelondon hotelhyde parkferafoyerfumoir
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 December 2010

This hotel is so opulent just what you would expect. We managed to get an upgrade to a suite with our own butler! The room was amazing. Had room service which was bought in on silver service sets complimentary bottle of champagne as we were being shown to our room the gentleman almost gave us a history lesson on the hotel all added to the wonder of staying in such a grand place. We stayed fr one night in the day we shopped the location is great to be near the Louis vuitton, tiffany and co etc. We ate at Gordon Ramsey restaurant very expensive for not a lot of food ! I was all that impressed with the restaurant but my husband loved it . We then hired a car and driver to take us to see Peter Kay at the O2 arena. Check out was smooth parking was very expensive to. We then spent the whole of Sunday in harrods!! There food hall is out of this world.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clr2007
Reviewed 15 December 2010

Claridges is a fantastic hotel and during a recent stay nothing was too much trouble for any member of staff I encountered. From the food we ate to the comfy beds and everything inbetween I could find no fault whatsoever. Thank you for making me feel so welcome!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank pupplecracks_1
Reviewed 14 December 2010

I would advise people to try this hotel just to re live a by gone age....the service in general is excellent we did encounter one member of staff who seemed to think they were doing us a favour ( texting on a phone under a desk when people coming down the stairs can see isnt the best idea! ) The room we had was past its best, now i understand art deco that's why we visited but lamp shades falling apart, plug sockets moving and dirty curtians arent art deco ! The beds were two single beds pushed together and the ridge in the middle was a let down for sleep quality. The staff at the door, on the desk and the ladies who cleaned the room were excellent and really made our stay at the hotel. The food we had in the room was wonderful. Be aware of the added charges when ordering into the room! Also the website states wifi but it is chargable! Yes we have stayed and yes we enjoyed, but would we go again most probably not.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Likethesea
Reviewed 1 December 2010

I stayed at Claridges several times between August and October for 2-3 weeks at a time as I was working in London. I had a huge deluxe king with an enormous bathroom and super large closets; all 3 rooms larger than any other hotel's deluxe king. My room was QUIET as I was able to close the door to the entry way so no hall noise seeped in. The housekeeping was amazing - without needing to be asked, they brought in an extra tabl;e in the bathroom for my belongings, and showered me with the Asprey products I hoarded. They never missed a wake up call and when I trudged through their very elegant lobby in my work boots and funky clothes (I was working on a muddy set) they
never said a peep and were just as gracious as if I was wearing a ball gown and tiara. Their spa is elegant (had a great massage) and their gym is fully loaded and excellent. My only complaint was that the internet was not free.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank laurensd1111
Reviewed 30 November 2010

Claridge's is an old hotel and that has its charm, but it also means that it is dated. Clearly there are lots of efforts to provide service, but with such an old infrastructure it becomes a little difficult to keep up appearances. Our room was spacious, but smelled a little of stale air. (Probably the dust in the gaps of the floor boards.) The bathroom still has its original fixtures, but they have suffered through many years of service. If you don't mind these things, the hotel is certainly worth a visit to travel back in time and it clearly was a superb hotel in its heyday. Enjoy a high-tea in the lounge to watch the crowd, which is certainly entertaining!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple