The Savoy
US$233
US$370
US$290
  • Room Service
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$270
Priceline
  • Pool
5,117 results
All reviewsamerican barbeaufort barthames foyerafternoon teabutler serviceiconic hotelriver viewmemorable staycocktail barjunior suitecovent gardenbirthday treatturn down servicethe ritzbeautiful roomlondon eyewest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 April 2013

Just had my second stay at the Savoy this year. Wow, I continue to be impressed! Upon arrival, I was greeted by name, right as I stepped out of the car. There was an attendant waiting just inside ,who immediately escorted us to our room ( despite the fact that check in was not until mush later). The location on the strand is great. Close to "underground" subway stations, dining and Covent Market. One night we returned to the hotel around 9 pm. My 8 year old daughter wanted a snack, specifically, crepes with nutella. This was not on the menu, however, the chef whipped up a batch for us and everyone was happy. The concierge services are some of the best that I have ever experienced- attentive, friendly and expeditious. Their tea selection is outrageous! I enjoyed their tea room every day! Our room was large with classic but modern décor. I enjoyed every aspect of our stay and would happily return upon my next travel to London.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2013

From staff to facilities this great hotel won't disappoint.
Everything is first class. Dining is a fabulous experience.
We were there for a party and I couldn't fault it.
Absolutely great time. Third visit to the hotel and it just gets better.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Have just returned from celebrating our wedding anniversary at this iconic hotel, we were upgraded on our arrival, our room was amazing, the best nights sleep , so quiet for central London . We had asked for a tea and coffee making tray in our room, well worth it. Previous reviews have said it all really but they really do make you feel special, thankyou for the lovely chocolate cake in our room. We had dinner in the savoy grill and the pre theatre menu is great value, and the staff certainly know a thing or two about service. All in all we would recommend this whole experience to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank poocherina
Reviewed 12 April 2013

My wife and I, my son and his new fiancée, stayed at the Savoy for a weekend (23.4.13) to celebrate their engagement. We had booked 2 Deluxe rooms

The hotel e-mailed me a couple of days before our visit asking if there was anything that could make the visit 'special'? I informed them that the week-end was for my son's engagement so perhaps a nice room would be good.

When we arrived we were met by concierge who efficiently emptied the car of luggage and arranged the valet parking for us. As we stepped into the foyer we were met by 2 members of staff that addressed us by name and assured us that we were now booked in and they would show us to our rooms. It took me a while to work out how they knew who we were but I noticed later during our stay that the concierge staff outside were in radio contact with staff indoors and obviously had passed on our details. To be greeted by name, and not have to wait in a queue to check-in was a 5* touch that other similar standard hotels may wish to note.

The two staff apologised that the two rooms were on different floors but we would understand why later. It transpired that they had upgraded my son and his fiancé to a one bedroom suite with their own butler, and included all of the usual benefits of a suite - free drinks, chocolates etc. a superb gesture that my son and future daughter-in-law did not expect!

Both rooms were excellent and both in keeping with a 5* hotel, good quality furniture, decoration and large marble clad bathrooms. The suite, of course, was luxurious , spacious and extremely comfortable and with a partial view of the Thames. That isn't to say there was anything wrong with our room - it was perfect. The technology in both rooms with Loewe TVs and iPhone docking was also excellent. Beds were extremely comfortable and a good nights sleep was guaranteed.

The public areas of the hotel easily convinced you that you were in a first class hotel and the two bars both served excellent cocktails in a convivial atmosphere.

We had breakfast in the hotel and due to the closure of the River Restaurant during our stay the room was a little busy and we did have to wait 15 minutes for a table. No problem, gave us chance to watch the handmade chocolate Easter eggs being made in the shop.

Breakfast was excellent and the accompanying service was faultless. We all had a full English breakfasts which was accompanied by fresh pastries and muffins and good quality fresh orange juice.

We spent some of the morning in the indoor pool, the changing facilities were good, and the towels soft and fluffy so were the gowns provided. We enjoyed the pool especially the 'endless' jet steam. The water was warm and we had the pool to ourselves. However, one issue worth noting was the 'tide' mark on the sides of the pool - this should have been removed during cleaning.

We didn't use the Gym facilities but the equipment looked modern and well maintained.

Checkout was effortless as was the return of my vehicle.

My wife and I have stayed in many of the top hotels in London on many occasions, including; Claridges, The Berkley, Langham, The Milestone (A Trip Advisors favourite) etc. and I can comfortably say that the Savoy is easily the best and will now be our hotel of choice when we visit London.

Room Tip: Go the extra mile - book a suite!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andrewhay
Reviewed 12 April 2013

Hotel is wonderful and service is excellent room is kingdom they do something very good for check inn directly when you reach the entrance of the hotel they assist you and directly to the room ( don't try to go without reservation:-) but there must be more communication from the staff who meet you at the door and explain that they are doing check inn because I felt not comfortable as he start to ask me about my name at the door and I didn't know that he's doing check inn + breakfast should start earlier as I was going at 07:00 AM and breakfast didn't open yet in spite they told me its open 06:30!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business