“Fanatstic stay!”
Review of The Savoy

The Savoy
Ranked #38 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 September 2013

My husband and i stayed here for wedding anniversary, everything about the place was lovely, the staff couldnt do enough to help us, from the valet parking when we arrived, to check out when we left. We ate in the savoy grill which was a wonderful meal, friendly staff and a lovely atmosphere.

We had a few drinks in both bars, enjoyed some coctails and soaked up the history of the building.
We will most definatly stay again and recommend it to any one wanting something a little special.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Cesar G, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed a celebratory stay at our iconic hotel. Your kind words about the service you received are much appreciated and I look forward to sharing them with the team here.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Savoy in the near future.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed at the Savoy September 2013. Had an Edwardian room in the Riverside wing; art deco is also available (edwardian personal choice). I was welcomed every time I arrived and departed. Every member of staff would always say hello. Room pristine, maids quick but thorough. Biggest shower head I have ever seen, it was like taking a shower in a waterfall everyday made even better with Le Labo Rose 31 products. Located on the Strand is central to everything in London worth seeing. History kept with reno's. Excellent

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit to The Savoy.
I was pleased to read that you enjoyed the shower head, which at 10 inches in diameter is designed to replicate the relaxing sensation of rainfall. Thank you for mentioning our Le Labo amenities, which are created using only the highest quality raw ingredients and are entirely natural.

I look forward to sharing your review with the team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

I still can't believe that I brought a living social voucher for £19.50 which enabled us to have a wonderful two course meal with champagne! The hotel is beautiful, we had cocktails in the bar before dinner which were lovely, this was a leaving party for 8 people and I don't think I could have made a better choice for our final good buys, the staff were brillant taking photos for us and just making our night special.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 September 2013

We were in London for a few days and called into the hotel for a cocktail before heading to see The Bodyguard was musical. The bar we went into was actually quite dirty. The table next to us had not been cleaned after the last customers left and to my shock the beautiful mirror above our table was so dirty and full of streak marks that you couldn't see your reflection. Not what I expect from such a top notch place!!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dougie C
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Guest,

I was disappointed to read that your recent visit to The Savoy did not meet expectations.There cannot be any excuse for service issues such as tables not being cleared and cleanliness. Please rest assured that the matter has been addressed by our executive director of food & beverage for urgent review.

Please be assured that your experience is not representative of our usual standards of service and I do hope that you will return to The Savoy as I am sure that you will find the service to be much improved

Reviewed 12 September 2013

This was our 2nd stay since renovation and reopening. We have such fond memories of the hotel before renovation. Once again, we were pleased to be there. Tony, the doorman, has been there for 30 yrs. and is always glad to see you. The staff meets you right inside the foyer and somehow knows your name. You are led to another beautiful room, invited to sit as a staff member checks you in. Our room was huge with the most comfortable bed, linens, decor and bath.
The glamorous and sophisticated Beaufort Bar dressed in black and gold is a must for a drink before dinner or after the theater. Sit at the bar and watch the theatrical preparation of their signature cocktails.
We dined in their new Kapar's Seafood Bar and Grill and were delighted by the delicious meal by an open window overlooking the Thames.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give such encouraging feedback on your recent visit to The Savoy. As a returning guest it’s a pleasure to hear that you continue to enjoy your time at our iconic property.

I was also pleased to learn that you enjoyed the opulent surroundings of the Beaufort Bar and our latest addition Kaspar’s Seafood Bar and Grill. Thank you for also taking the time to mention Tony, who has indeed been with us for over 30 years and takes great pleasure in welcoming back our guests. I look forward to sharing your comments with him along with the rest of our team.

I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on your next visit to London.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

There were four of us. It was a birthday treat for my mother. We had the afternoon tea at £45 a head. The staff were very professional and helpful. The food included sandwiches, scones, pastries, and cake all washed down with a massive selection of teas. You could have as much as you wanted. The surroundings and ambience is fantastic.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank G07

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give such encouraging feedback following your Afternoon Tea experience at The Savoy and I am so pleased that you enjoyed a celebratory visit to our iconic hotel. Your kind words about the service you received are much appreciated and I look forward to sharing them with the team.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The Savoy in the near future.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

We were walking along The Strand in London on a glorious day after a lovely light lunch and we thought we'll go inside the Savoy because the last time we were there was a long time ago before it was closed down for the £200+ million renovation . As soon as you step inside the door, you know you are in a different world. We went to ask if we can have an afternoon tea, unfortunately we have no reservations and it was fully booked. The friendly and polite staff offered to take us to the American bar where we can have tea or coffee and we were quite happy to oblige. My son who is 24 but looks under 18 has to produce his photo ID to prove that he is old enough to be admitted to this classy, sophisticated with an old world charm bar with partial view of the river Thames . The lady receptionist by the entrance was very polite and was dressed smartly that he didn't mind being asked at all he said he was used to it. We had a laugh. Anyway, we ordered cappuccinos and tea and we asked if we can have some cakes or something nice to go with it. The waiter told us that the hot drinks come with freshly baked cookies , so we said that's fine. When it arrived, it wasn't just a piece of cookie it was a few pieces of delicious cookies, quite generous than what we've expected. We ate it all , slowly of course and when the waiter noticed that the cookies disappeared in no time he asked if we wanted some more, and of course we said, YES please, without a shame. We ended up ordering a glass of champagne each before we left . My husband said, that's not a cheap afternoon coffee , but hey he was quick to add we are on holiday , life is too short and it's The Savoy . Glad we went to pop in, because next time we are back in London we will definitely make sure we book an English afternoon tea if not dinner in one of their restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank srfab

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give such encouraging feedback on your recent visit to The Savoy. I was most pleased to read that you were able to experience a taste of The Savoy in the iconic American Bar, despite the Thames Foyer being fully booked for Afternoon Tea. Thank you also for highlighting the level of service which you experienced during your visit, it will give me great pleasure to share your kind words with the team here.

I sincerely hope that you have the opportunity to visit us again and experience Afternoon Tea in all its pageantry.