“Exceeded my expectations”
Review of The Savoy

The Savoy
Ranked #40 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I stayed at the Savoy last week as a treat to myself as I live in London but have always wanted to stay here. I can definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to experience superb service in a beautiful hotel. Check in was done in my room - after receiving a free upgrade to the King Deluxe category which was a nice surprise. I was impressed by the bathroom amenities, they even include a travel sized bottle of mouthwash and bath salts which I took advantage of. The bathroom was amazing I have to say (I do like a nice bathroom in a hotel!) with a nice big bath and separate shower. I liked that on the turndown service they left a bottle of water and also refilled the amenities. Checkout was flawless. The bill was left under my door and I just called reception to confirm the details and left.

I didn't use any of the restaurants but did meet a friend for a drink in the American Bar which was a lovely experience. Great cocktails and a complimentary large bowl of mixed nuts was a nice touch.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (4,959)

Reviewed 4 February 2014

It felt a bit intimidating at first when we pulled up outside the doors,but the door men were very down to earth and put us at ease.
The staff inside made you feel very special and so caring.the hotel is beautiful ,our room was luxurious . The bedding was perfect,the bathroom was fantastic.
Lovely pool area. Would love to stay again.
We only had one problem when our daughter burnt her hand on the breakfast plate.
However this was soon corrected and the staff were very attentive. They even gave her a cuddly toy cat from the savoy shop to make her feel better. The whole experience was fantastic .

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read that our team made you feel welcome upon arrival, after all The Savoy should be like a home from home to all our guests. I was also pleased to hear that the team were able to create some wonderful memories for your family, despite the unfortunate incident during breakfast.

I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team and hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Kiaran MacDonald

Reviewed 4 February 2014

My husband and I just enjoyed a truly great and most importantly fun stay at The Savoy. The service was wonderful and the room sublime-possibly the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. My favourite part was undoubtedly the bathroom, I could have spent a whole vacation in the wonderfully equipped room and adore the surround sound, you can lounge in a bubble bath listening to relaxing music, marvelling at some great interior design. We visited The American Bar for superb cocktails (they're pretty strong), Kaspers Restaurant for dinner and Beaumont Bar for a night cap or two too (no wonder it was fun!). The hotel is not cheap obviously, but it is quite simply lovely. I would however avoid the mini bar in your room £5 for a packet of crisps seems a tad excessive. We are already planning a return visit! One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: I loved our Edwardian themed room-my husband was however slightly alarmed to have a picture of Hugh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Our room was perfect, surgically clean, everything immaculate and so comfortable. The staff were courteous and unobtrusively friendly and the hotel was an absolute joy to spend time in. The only disappointment was the breakfast which was very mediocre and totally forgettable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

This hotel is iconic, it's well deservedly world renowned. The service is excellent, rooms have a very high attention to details. This is the forth time I've stayed and will no doubt return.

The only issue that we had was although we were not late checking out, twice housekeeping came and knocked on the door to see if we were still there.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such kind words following your recent stay at The Savoy. It is heartening to read that you continue to enjoy our iconic hotel and service we provide as a returning guest. Please accept my apologies for the housekeeping issue you experienced, and rest assured that we have taken your comments on board.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind regards,

Kiaran MacDonald

Reviewed 3 February 2014

Great location, hotel is beautiful, staff are very professional yet approachable and helpful. Food was fine and the American bar is a delight in regards to the drinks, atmosphere and music. I am Looking forward to returning soon.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 February 2014

once again a stay at the savoy proved to be worth every cent.this is a top class hotel with service to match.i cannot rate it highly enough,sadly the restaurants are still not in keeping with the hotel ,expensive mediocre food ,great views but one is there for both,maybe Marriot should consider getting a real celebrity chef to take over all the restaurants!

Room Tip: all rooms good ,but facing the river would be nice.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business