“Cocktails at The Atlantic Bar a treat.”
Review of The Savoy

The Savoy
Ranked #41 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Cocktails at The Atlantic Bar a treat.”
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

My wife and I went to The Atlantic Bar on our way to the theatre, for pre-show cocktails. It was a busy Saturday night and we had to wait for about 25 minutes in the adjoining lobby which doubles as a small hotel museum. The reception staff were very friendly and discreetly efficient. Once in the bar itself we headed straight for the bar stools and met a very friendly American couple. The mixologists were good fun and very informative. Not a budget option but a real treat. Highly recommended. We'll return.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bobsoundgreat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (887)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've stayed at the Savoy before. It's managed by the Fairmont and I split my trip between the Savoy and another hotel. It's located near the theatre district. The American Bar is not to be missed. Both bars have live entertainment. The dining and service are excellent. The staff know what they are doing and are exceedingly polite. I'm a President's Club member and was very glad we stayed there. It's close to the Thames and to other tourist attractions. We dined at the hotel and enjoyed in room dining as well.

Room Tip: I recommend rooms overlooking the Thames.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Stoneham, Massachusetts
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I've never stayed at a hotel where the management greeted me by name as soon as I entered the lobby, then personally escorted me to my room. Very impressive indeed. Throughout my stay of four days all staff (and there were many I encountered) could't be more helpful and attentive with sincere interest in making my stay memorable. I had a modest room but was treated like I was on the butler level. The room was huge, best described as quietly elegant. The bathroom was also big very clean. Short walk to Coventry Garden underground. All restaurants and bars address you personally as well, with good food and spirits.

Room Tip: My best advice is to choose a modest room. You'll still be treated royally and save lots of mone...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We stayed at the Savoy in July for 4 nights. We chose this property for the location and historical charm. We had booked a deluxe room and were upgraded to a one bedroom suite overlooking the river. The view from the living room was absolutely the best we have ever seen in London.

Everything about this building says 5 star lux and old school charm. If you want to splurge and stay somewhere that's really 5 star, this is the one.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Booked a 2 night stay for my wifes 40th and I couldn't have picked better.

Where to start........from check in to check out it was impeccable.

Met outside by the doorman, which is where we said goodbye to our luggage until it arrived in the room.

Had dinner in Kaspars, lovely.
I used the gym, great facilities.
My wife had some spa treatments which she said were great.
Breakfast was impressive.
The bar was nice and relaxed (the odd celeb if you like that).
The room, which I guess was only a standard, was so comfortable with a nice bathroom. More than enough room and free wifi (if you join the presidents club).

The staff were so nice in every area.

Would love to go back again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jeffers1976
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have just returned from another amazing stay at the savoy, my husband and I try to go for our birthdays and our wedding anniversary each year. Once again we felt like we were home, as luxurious as it is we never feel it pretentious or stuffy, staff go out of their way to help and make you feel welcome. We have asked the concierge to help us find good restaurants for dinner, and each time we have been impressed with the time he/she spends trying to get us in somewhere special and the fantastic choice they make for us! We have eaten in the hotel also, preferring the savoy grill to kaspers, but purely on personnel preference. The bars are perfect for an quiet afternoon cocktail or in the evenings, to listen to the pianist after dinner. Our rooms have always been different, depending on the floor, each one beautifully decorated and comfortable.
We look forward to visiting once again!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank swrightes
london
Reviewed 16 February 2014

As a child my wife passed the hotel every weekend on way to hospital wishing she was going to the savoy instead. 40 years later she was able to stop and go in to make the dream a reality. Sometimes when you want something so much it fails to live up to expectations. Well I'm glad to say this well and truly surpassed all expectations.
We stayed on a dinner bed and breakfast deal. From our arrival to departure everything was perfect. The welcome and assistance from staff was first rate. Despite working hard and sometimes for demanding people their politeness and cheerfulness was a credit to the company.
The room was excellent and extremely well appointed. The bed as comfortable as can be. The shower was like sitting under a hot Victoria falls. Dinner at Kaspars was extra special being seated by the window, a birthday treat in itself. The food was sublime.
Thanks to the bed we nearly missed breakfast, which was way too much but I gave it a good go.
A lot of what I say people may think it should be as a matter of course but you feel the people really do go the extra mile for you.
I'm shocked when I see some poor reviews. I cannot comment on other people's experiences but do wonder about the legitimacy and motivation when I have experienced such excellent treatment. As a disabled guest I'd like to state their treatment of my wife was faultless. I have seen a report slating their lack of disability awareness. This could not be further from the truth. I can only imagine it was not obvious that someone could not do the stairs to Kaspars and they certainly could not have told the staff because they are only too willing to show you to the restaurant, on a route bypassing the steps.
Considering the history the stories the guests that have stayed, I consider it a privilege to have spent a night at London's top hotel

Room Tip: Any, you won't be disappointed
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Guest,

I was absolutely delighted to read that you were both able to finally experience a visit to The Savoy. From reading your review, it certainly sounds like we created some wonderful memories for you to share. I would like to thank you for taking the time to mention our dedicated team and the wonderful service they provide. As you have so kindly stated, our team are fully trained to assist any guest who requires special assistance, with as little disruption to their visit as possible. I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team, and hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,