“Fabulous birthday treat!”
Review of The Savoy

The Savoy
Ranked #38 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I spent Sunday 2nd March at the Savoy to celebrate my birthday on the 3rd. We were upgraded to a beautiful river view suite which was especially lovely as our friends were also staying at the hotel and we were able to have pre dinner drinks in the living room.
We had a lovely sauna,steam and swim , cocktails in the American bar before dinner at Kaspar's and then more cocktails afterwards.
The service was wonderful, a very chirpy and friendly waitress in the bar, and attentive at dinner. This is the second time we have stayed at the Savoy and it exceeded our expectations again - we have already booked for our 30th wedding anniversary in July!
Staying at the Savoy is like being cocooned in luxury, very relaxing and an absolute treat.
If you haven't yet tried it do - I guarantee like us you will be hooked!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed a follow-up stay at The Savoy, especially as this was the second time you visited us. It was also nice to hear that you took full advantage of our Beauty & Fitness centre and dining outlets. Thank you for highlighting the level of service you received, this is feedback which I look forward to sharing with the team. I was thrilled to hear that you have once again chosen The Savoy, to celebrate such a special occasion, and we look forward to welcoming you back in July.

Kiaran MacDonald

Write a ReviewReviews (5,013)

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I've finally achieved a long held ambition, to stay at the Savoy. My wife and I stayed for three nights (February 25 to February 27 2014) after travelling from Australia. On arrival our luggage, a considerable amount, was whisked away by very efficient porters while we were given a personal and comprehensive introduction to the hotel before being shown to our room. This "Luxury King" room was spacious, beautifully appointed and with a magnificent view over the Thames from the Oxo Tower to the Houses of Parliament. The king-size bed was arguably the most comfortable bed my wife and I have ever slept in. Breakfast was outstanding with, perhaps too much choice, as it does stretch the mind to choose between the Japanese, Chinese, Savoy and Light breakfast menus plus a very extensive array of individual dishes. Choices are further enhanced as breakfast can be taken in Kaspars restaurant or The Thames Foyer, a beautifully ornate room of impressive proportions and complemented by the elegant furnishings. Returning to our room after breakfast a very nice touch was a small birthday present for my wife of an individually crafted piece of chocolate patisserie. The, bustling and legendary, American Bar has an amazing range of exotic cocktails, very good olives and somewhat surprisingly, we did not have to queue. Dinner at The Savoy Grill however was somewhat of an anti-climax. Sure it was good but not really very much different from any other good restaurant whereas the Savoy is very different from and very much better than, other good hotels. Perhaps we expected too much of the restaurant. That said, the Savoy is definitely an hotel to which we will return as my new ambition is to stay at the Savoy again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

It’s a pleasure to hear that you were able to fulfill a lifelong ambition and experience a stay at The Savoy. I was thrilled to hear you enjoyed the wonderful river views and that you were able to sample our dining outlets and bars. I also appreciate your feedback on your visit to Savoy Grill, as we are constantly working to improve on our service and guest experience. I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Selected this hotel on a whim while looking for somewhere convenient to the West End that also had a decent swimming pool. Of course I knew of its reputation but was curious to see whether reality matched. No questions on that score any longer: room, facilities and staff/service were all excellent. The hotel is luxurious and comfortable without being flashy.

The only problem was that with so much on site it took a bit of willpower to actually go out to the show that evening.

Service was faultless even after check-out: we left our car there for the afternoon and when we returned about 30 minutes ahead of the prearranged time, expecting to have to hang about while they fetched the car, it was already in front of the hotel, waiting for us, luggage loaded.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed in November for my 30th Birthday and loved every moment pure luxurious surroundings and service as expected.
Location is great on The Strand and Covent gardens our room overlooked The London Eye St Paul's and all the other iconic landmark along the Thames
There was a special birthday cake waiting in our room which was a nice touch. Would have loved to try out the Cocktails but as i was pregnant I spent my money in the Chocolate shop instead which again is fabulous.
Would recommend to anyone wanting something for that extra special occasion or just to treat them self will definatly be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Thames is available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 1 night on a Amazon Local deal in a King Suite. The suite was amazing & comfortable. The staff couldn't do enough for you. We ate in Kaspers Seafood & Grill, the food was great & good portions. The breakfast was excellent & plentiful. The Valet Parking was reasonably priced compared with local car parks. Excellent location for the West End, 5 minutes walk from Trafalgar Square.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. Can't wait to stay longer! The room was luxurious ang the bed so comfy! Cocktails in the American Bar are second to none. Breakfast at Kaspars was a real treat. We asked the staff if we could return to have dinner with Kaspar and they said 'of course'. Would love to stay longer and make use of the facilities later on in the year

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay. It’s a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed an overnight stay at our iconic hotel. Thank you for your feedback with regards to the American Bar and Kaspar’s, and I look forward to sharing your kind words with the team. We hope to welcome you back for another fabulous stay.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I treated my Mother on her 70th Birthday to a night at The Savoy and it truly passed our expectations. The service was understated (not stuffy) and second to none. The Hotel is truly beautiful in both the public areas and bedrooms and the service and quality of food are excellent. On arrival, we had literally been in our bedroom for no more than 5 minutes when a Birthday Cake arrived having only informed the Hotel that it was my Mother's Birthday. On our departure we were shopping in the Savoy Tea/Chocolate Shop when they gifted my Mother a Chocolate Kaspar - such lovely touches. If you are planning a trip to London and you're looking for a luxury Hotel, look no further than The Savoy, it will be a memorable stay. Thank you to all of the staff who made us feel so welcome, special and at home.

Room Tip: You have two choices to make and that's to do with the Decor - Edwardian or Art Deco, everything...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniels91

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to hear you chose to celebrate such a special occasion with a stay at The Savoy. Thank you for your kind words on the hotel, its amenities and the service you received from our wonderful team, who pride themselves on turning moments into memories for our guests. I would also like to thank you for your recommendation and hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Savoy.