The Savoy
US$247
US$232
Doubletree
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$210
US$170
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Park Plaza London Riverbank(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$155
Agoda.com
US$254
US$224
galahotels.com
5,119 results
All reviewsamerican barbeaufort barthames foyerafternoon teabutler serviceiconic hotelriver viewmemorable staycocktail barjunior suitecovent gardenbirthday treatturn down servicethe ritzbeautiful roomlondon eyewest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 March 2014

The face lift is mostly successful, and the staff could not have been more helpful. Kaspars happily serves food (not only sea food) for most of the day.
Our room (we were upgraded to a junior suite) was excellent, and we found ourselves calling on the butler service more than we had expected.
My husband walks with a trolley, and cannot cope with stairs, but the hotel is built on a sloping site. That led to complicated and sometimes surprising routes to get most of the areas serving food or drink, but we usually managed them successfully and were very often kindly escorted by the staff.
Two very different gripes. First, the butter served was generally rock hard, having been just taken from fridge; it would have been much nicer at room temperature as in many other hotels and restaurants. Secondly, if you need to negotiate a special room (eg disabled access), that cannot be done online. We were very badly served by the Fairmont booking system, with lengthy delays in getting through and then being cut off. A letter of complaint brought a telephone call, where the caller could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yraveller1
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Words can not describe how amazing this hotel is!
I actually cannot fault anything about the place!
Lovely rooms, lovely food, lovely location.
The service of the staff is spot on, really really enjoyed my stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words, which I look forward to sharing with all the team.

Kind regards,

Kiaran MacDonald

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I went to the Savoy for afternoon tea with a couple of friends, one of whom could not eat an afternoon tea following recent surgery. The staff were extremely helpful and went to ask the chef's advice on what would be suitable. They then took my friends to see what cakes were available and served her a small selection of soft cakes.

The afternoon tea was served with a glass of champagne. We were given a choice of teas, which were served with the cake stand of sandwiches, scones, jam, clotted cream and (unusually) lemon curd. The sandwiches were very slightly dry on the outside, but the flavours and choice were lovely. As we came to the end of the sandwiches, our waiter came straight over to offer us more.

At one point all the waiters/waitresses came out with slices of cakes with a lit candle for all the people celebrating birthdays - the pianist played "Happy Birthday" and everyone sang.

Following the scones, the waiter came with a platter of six different pastries - we could have as many as we liked, but opted for three of each and shared them.

More fresh tea was served and, much to our surprise, another course of cakes was brought over - Dundee, Chocolate Fudge and Banana.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, there was more than enough to eat, the ambience was relaxed and there was no pressure to leave. Overall a lovely afternoon which I would highly recommend.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sheely-wheely
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I tagged along on my husband's business trip and this hotel was one of the nicest I've ever been to (and I've stayed at Ritz Carlton's and Four Seasons). The room and bathroom were spacious and bathroom had fabulous heated floors. Bed comfortable, shower large, tub large and great products. Location of hotel very central and easy to walk to most attractions and easy to tube. It was quiet despite being in a busy area. Loved it.

Room Tip: ask for one with a love seat or sofa, we had a room on second floor, right up a short flight of steps. It was close to lobby but still quiet. You may want to request a room with a view of Thames.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sgilbert24
Reviewed 10 March 2014

This has to be the best hotel that I have ever stayed in. Service is impeccable and the hotel is just beautiful to look at. Beautiful Art Deco style. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Everybody is professional but friendly and all guests are welcomed. I took my mum here as a birthday overnight treat. We were upgraded to a family suite which was a wonderful surprise but regardless of the upgrade, we absolutely loved this hotel. We had dinner at Kaspars and the fish and food were perfectly cooked. The chocolate sphere dessert was something a bit different and special. Breakfast was also delightful and so relaxing. I chose the Japanese breakfast tray which was authentic and delicious. The only slight downside... The pool area has not yet been refurbished but then you could argue that you don't go to the Savoy for its pool when there are so many other great things to do and experience. A wonderful experience and I would love to return!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank visitor049

Dear Guest,

I’m so pleased to hear of your experience and thoroughly appreciate your recommendation. As you have so kindly mentioned, nothing is too much trouble for our team, who pride themselves on turning moments into memories for our guests. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,