The Savoy
  • Room Service
US$269
US$200
  • Restaurant
The Nadler Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$114
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
US$218
US$191
galahotels.com
5,120 results
All reviewsamerican barbeaufort barthames foyerafternoon teabutler serviceiconic hotelriver viewmemorable staycocktail barjunior suitecovent gardenbirthday treatturn down servicethe ritzbeautiful roomlondon eyewest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I would just like to reiterate what others have said. I booked this hotel following all the great reviews as a 60th birthday surprise for my mum and I was not disappointed.

After a very early morning flight, my mum and I were greeted very warmly with a glass of Champagne and were told we had been upgraded!
The hotel is ideally situated . The hotel staff are very knowledgeable, are more than happy to give you advice, directions and a map.

In a our room, there was a cake and a note saying 'Happy Birthday'. Such a lovely touch, i thought!

I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Maybe my expectations were set a little high as it was the Savoy??? But to be honest a little disappointed. The room was very nice and well decorated and clean. However once we had been out for the evening, and we did go out quite early, I did expect the bathroom to be tidied up fresh towels etc. but this never happened. Not something I am used to when staying in a hotel of this standard (and some much lesser ones!) Petty in the grand scheme of things but did expect it.
Still the best thing about this hotel is the arriving…..they make you feel very special, and the American bar, the staff in there are amazing! Even remembering us from a previous visit 2 months ago!
Ate in the grill for Sunday lunch which again wasn’t great and I sent my lunch back, which we were not charged for, and they did make us a cocktail and take us into the kitchen to look round. Maybe they were all having an off day? I have eaten here before and it’s been excellent. Disappointed overall.

2  Thank STRINGERS
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having stayed at the Savoy before it was refurbished we were looking forward to seeing how good it was. We weren’t disappointed.

From the moment we walked through the doors we were greeted by name and immediately shown to our room by one of the many staff in the reception area. Check in was conducted in the room which, although not large, was beautifully appointed.

The bed and pillows have to be amongst the most comfortable we have come across, although the turn down service at before 6.00 was a bit early!

Just a couple of gripes: the rheostat on the bedside lights was, shall we say, erratic meaning that if you turned the light on in the middle of the night it was like Blackpool illuminations!

The much vaunted American Bar closes at midnight which seems a bit early and finally the breakfast (not included in our package) was very pricey.

However, definitely an experience for a lovely treat.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I checked into the Savoy after a ten hour flight from LA and an hour and a half ride in the hotel limo through heavy London traffic. All I wanted was to take a bath and a nap. Instead, I had to sit through an elaborate check-in process that took an half an hour. It was nice to be greeted by name upon arrival in the lobby and the receptionist was quite nice and very thorough, but I needed to rest. Another time I asked the receptionist to make two copies for me which took 30 minutes. He explained upon returning that he had made sure the copies were perfect, which they were. On Saturday and Sunday room service is very slow due I think to a heavy volume of business that is not properly staffed. It is impossible to get a dinner reservation on Saturday because of the Dinner Dance.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

You have kindly highlighted several inconsistencies with our service that occurred during your time with us, which we will address. The perfect arrival is our way of welcoming you to The Savoy and making sure you feel as though the hotel is a home from home. However, the team should have recognised that you had spent a considerable amount of time travelling and should have fast tracked the check-in process. It was also disappointing to hear that it took quite some time to make copies for you, I am however pleased they were of good quality. I am sorry to hear of the delay in delivering your room service, which was due to a high order volume. I have since shared your feedback with the team for their review. As you have so kindly mentioned, the dining outlets were very busy on this particular weekend due to the Dinner Dance in the Thames Foyer. Whilst we were unable to offer you a table in the main hotel, the team should have directed you to Simpson’s-In-The-Strand, a truly British institution adjacent to The Savoy.

Please be assured that your experience is not representative of our usual standards of service and I do hope that you will return to The Savoy as I am sure that you will find the service to be much improved

Kind regards,

Kiaran MacDonald

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Had a brilliant bank holiday weekend at the Savoy. The Boat trip was AAA+++++. Highly Recommended. The staff are superb. We just cannot fault this hotel. Worth every penny. The rooms are spotless, Room service excellent. The beds are so comfy. A+++++++++

Room Tip: River Views are really good

Dear Guest,

What a fantastic review. I was delighted to read that you continue to enjoy The Savoy experience as a returning guest. Many thanks for your kind words with regards to the team and Thames river cruise on the Silver Darling.

I hope we are able to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,