The Savoy
One Aldwych(London)
  • Pool
  • Pool
5,117 results
All reviewsamerican barbeaufort barthames foyerafternoon teabutler serviceiconic hotelriver viewmemorable staycocktail barjunior suitecovent gardenbirthday treatturn down servicethe ritzbeautiful roomlondon eyewest end
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 June 2014

It is one of the finest hotels in London. it is a pricey but for sure a stellar experience. The moment I walked in, a reception staff greeted me warmly and served with glass of champagne. I was immediately shown to the room (upgraded!!!) the service, Room, food..just about everything is top of the line.
It is nearly impossible to get a dinner reservation on Saturday because of the Dinner Dance attracting lots of classy people.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank debbyk102
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Was not a resident of the hotel but following going to a show at the Savoy Theatre we decided to have a late night drink in the American Bar. The service and the staff were first class and the bottle of Pinot Grigio well chilled. Lovely ambience and the piano player/singer unobtrusive.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I would just like to reiterate what others have said. I booked this hotel following all the great reviews as a 60th birthday surprise for my mum and I was not disappointed.

After a very early morning flight, my mum and I were greeted very warmly with a glass of Champagne and were told we had been upgraded!
The hotel is ideally situated . The hotel staff are very knowledgeable, are more than happy to give you advice, directions and a map.

In a our room, there was a cake and a note saying 'Happy Birthday'. Such a lovely touch, i thought!

I wouldn't hesitate to go back. Thank you

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carol L
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Maybe my expectations were set a little high as it was the Savoy??? But to be honest a little disappointed. The room was very nice and well decorated and clean. However once we had been out for the evening, and we did go out quite early, I did expect the bathroom to be tidied up fresh towels etc. but this never happened. Not something I am used to when staying in a hotel of this standard (and some much lesser ones!) Petty in the grand scheme of things but did expect it.
Still the best thing about this hotel is the arriving…..they make you feel very special, and the American bar, the staff in there are amazing! Even remembering us from a previous visit 2 months ago!
Ate in the grill for Sunday lunch which again wasn’t great and I sent my lunch back, which we were not charged for, and they did make us a cocktail and take us into the kitchen to look round. Maybe they were all having an off day? I have eaten here before and it’s been excellent. Disappointed overall.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank STRINGERS
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Having stayed at the Savoy before it was refurbished we were looking forward to seeing how good it was. We weren’t disappointed.

From the moment we walked through the doors we were greeted by name and immediately shown to our room by one of the many staff in the reception area. Check in was conducted in the room which, although not large, was beautifully appointed.

The bed and pillows have to be amongst the most comfortable we have come across, although the turn down service at before 6.00 was a bit early!

Just a couple of gripes: the rheostat on the bedside lights was, shall we say, erratic meaning that if you turned the light on in the middle of the night it was like Blackpool illuminations!

The much vaunted American Bar closes at midnight which seems a bit early and finally the breakfast (not included in our package) was very pricey.

However, definitely an experience for a lovely treat.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple