“The best in London” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“The best in London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

The best hotel in London. There is little more to say than that. I have tried the newer trendy hotels and there is literally no comparison. Only issue is that the price of a room seems to fluctuate wildly.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marcusbuffle
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m delighted to hear that you continue to enjoy The Savoy as a returning guest.
Our rates vary depending on seasonality and availability, however I would urge you to visit our website where there are some great packages on offer.

Kiaran MacDonald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (862)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

Stayed here with my girlfriend to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and I have to say that it was one of the best night sleep that we have ever had, it was really lovely and the staff really helpful, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Firstly, congratulations and I am delighted to hear that you celebrated your anniversary at The Savoy. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and are already planning a return visit. I look forward to sharing your comments with the team.

Lowestoft, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

From the moment of arrival we were made to feel very welcome and special. Hotel is in the heart of London and within walking distance of most of the West End theatres and many of the famous landmarks. Our room was very comfortable,clean and spacious. We loved every minute of our stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are very proud of our location and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed theatreland district and the many attractions on our doorstep.
Thank you again, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were fortunate enough to spend a week in London in May this year and in addition to unheard of weather, our stay at The Savoy was beyond our expectations. Staff were wonderful, kind and so very down to earth….not the least bit stuffy as one might imagine!! Our suite which overlooked the Thames was the perfect backdrop to just about the most perfect hotel stay we've ever experienced. We would highly recommend adding this historic place to your list of must sees and must stays when visiting London!

Thank you Savoy for making my Birthday and our engagement vacation a dream come true

Room Tip: Stay on the 9th floor…there's magic up there!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TwoGerdys
Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read your glowing review of The Savoy following your recent stay with us and I’m so pleased the experience went beyond expectations. It is particularly nice to hear you chose The Savoy to celebrate your birthday and your engagement. Many congratulations from all of us here.

I look forward to sharing your positive feedback with my team who always appreciate kind words regarding their service.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I wish I could stay more often. The hotel building is just beautiful and the service is perfect. From the moment we dropped the car we felt as if the staff cared that we should have a great time. Cocktails in the American bar were huge fun, our room in the Art Deco section was spacious and plush, just as you would expect from a hotel of this standard. Breakfast was delicious and unhurried, offering plenty of choice.
Sadly o2 reception in the hotel is dismal but if you aren't at work I don't suppose this matters

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay at The Savoy. I’m so pleased you enjoyed the experience, from appreciating our beautiful building itself to the service to your visit to the American Bar. It is always a pleasure to hear that a guest has made the most of their visit. I do hope the poor phone reception you experienced didn’t cause too much frustration.

We hope you will visit The Savoy again.

Launceston, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

A beautiful hotel and the 2 night stay in a suite was definitely a bucket list experience. No faulting the hotel itself; it was absolutely beautiful. However as an everyday Aussie couple we found the service stilted and slightly aloof. We had the services of a personal butler and on arriving fairly late (complimentary chaffeur pick up from airport was fabulous!) the first night we nfound the butler very welcoming and helpful- however it all seemed to stop after that first night. Having not been to London in 30 year (the first time i went I was only 20 and tipping was the norm),as it was our first day in the city, I asked the morning butler discreetly what the protocol was in regard to tipping in London in general- bad mistake; I felt embarrassed that i had asked after receiving a withering look and a "that is up to you madam". We ate breakfast in the dining room the first morning and had 2 interactions- one was a nice little waitress who took our order, the other was the waiter who plopped my breakfast plate down and instructed me to be careful of the small bones in the kippers. After that we were on our own. Staff pushing past our table without acknowledgement- actually brushing into empty plates on our table without even taking them away (when we stayed at the Ritz the plates were discreetly removed without us even realising!) The 2nd morning we decided to have breakfast in a much friendlier cafe around the corner (and the food was half the price and just as nice). We had been advised that we were able to use the chaffeured vehicle as part of our suite stay if it was available. unfortunately when we went to the theatre we were told in the morning that we were not allowed to pre book the car but if it was available we could use it. However that night we enquired only to be told the car was booked by someone else. The staff were deferential and polite, but on the whole we felt like they did not think we should be there. (unlike the Ritz who made our whole stay feel special). Very sad as it was meant to be a real bucket list highlight of London and i was pretty sure my dad (who is no longer with us) worked there in the 40's after the war (did ask staff whether this could be checked out but didn't hear back). Don't regret staying but been there done that, don't need to do it again...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bronwyn b
Kiaran_MacDonald, Managing Director at The Savoy, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at The Savoy. May I first of all extend sincere apologies that you left The Savoy less than satisfied following your recent visit. Whilst I am pleased to read that you appreciated our hospitality and The Savoy’s beautiful surroundings, I recognise that there were some inconsistencies during your visit that needed addressing internally.

I was disappointed to hear of your experience with the butler team, who are usually so very helpful and I can only assume that there was a misunderstanding with regards to your enquiry. Additionally, there cannot be any excuse for inattentive service from our team. Please rest assured that I have shared your comments with our executive director of food & beverage for his urgent review. It was also disappointing to hear that you were unable to use the complimentary vehicle service. Whilst this service is part of the suite amenities, it is dependent on availability. Please accept my apologies if this were not explained to you by the team.

Potters Bar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

We had a fantastic stay at the Savoy and felt thoroughly spoilt during our time there. The courtesy and friendliness of the staff is second to none and the food and drinks are wonderful. Highly recommended to make your trip to London an extra special and memorable one.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Alison T
Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed a fantastic stay at The Savoy last month. I very much appreciate your kind words and know that all the team here will be proud to hear them.