“Superb museum, highly recommend”
Review of Jewish Museum

London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
Ranked #234 of 1,695 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The Jewish Museum London is for people of all backgrounds and faiths to explore British Jewish heritage, identity and culture. Set against a spacious and modern architectural backdrop with displays across four permanent galleries, the museum brings the Jewish story to life, placing it in a wider context of British history. Our education programmes, exhibitions and events encourage a sense of discovery and creativity and tell the story of Jewish history, culture and religion in an innovative and compelling way.
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Excellent curation, the exhibitions detailed English Jewish history in a way that brought it to life. We very much enjoyed the Passover installation, the staff have done a great job of recreating the atmosphere. Lots of personal touches throughout the museum and the staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. A must visit museum.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband and I spent a couple of hours visiting this informative museum. We are of the Jewish faith and when in a foreign city/country we try to visit the local Jewish Museum. There was a temporary (?) exhbit "Four Four Jew" - about Jewish athletes in football (English not American). Very interesting and lots of little tidbits were revealed.
While the museum is small, it contains a lot of information about the Jewish people in London, and of course they also have a very nicely done and to the point exhbit about the Holocaust. It is well layed out and not overwhelming for someone who wishes to learn more about the Jewish peoples.
Interesting for us - the docent/volunteer came upon me to ask where we from, etc., and I told him we were from the Chicago area and were Jewish and always tried to explore the local Jewish museum. He said that many of the visitors were not Jewish - so to me that is good that people want to learn beyond their own beliefs.
There is a small cafe in the museum, kosher of course, if you wish to have a quick snack.

2  Thank imwmn913
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I have been meaning to visit the Four Four Jew exhibition for some time.When you walk on to the exhibition on the top floor you will see a group of photos on the wall of Jewish football teams of byegone years.On the top layer is a team in Arsenal type shirts.It is a photo of Wingate FC in the late 1940s.There in the back row was my late father in his keepers jersey.What a great surprise.My father was one of the co founders of Wingate FC,who are now known as Wingate & Finchley FC and who play at Summers Lane North Finchley.There is nearby a case with lots of memorabilia of the club.On the outsise of the case there is a quote that he made of the need at the time for a Jewish football club.I think it is probably the first time that I have been so overwhelmed with emotion in a museum.The exhibition is marvellous and I thoroughly enjoyed it.After I finished I was interviewed by a camera team about my memories of Wingate.I was there with my brother and stayed for nearly 2 1/2hours without visiting other parts of this museum.Oh and by the way if you have a spare Saturday afternoon ,or if you are frum,tuesday,why don't you visit the Abrahams Stadium and cheer on the blues.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We visited to see the Four Four Jew football exhibition and also enjoyed looking around the other displays. Good location as it is in Camden and lots of places to eat, drink and look around. Would recommend a visit if in the area.

1  Thank YorksFamilyNY
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We heard about an exhibition namely 'Four Four Jew' showing in London and being interested in football, we decided to go and visit. As we had not put too much thought into the visit before arrived, we imagined just going to see that particular exhibition and then leaving however this was not the case.

When we arrived, we soon realised that this event was housed in London's Jewish Museum. This was an excellent thing to do if you are in London. The museum is housed across 3 floors and each were full of information and artefacts of interest with the top floor hosting different exhibitions.

This is a must see if you are visiting London. We had just missed the Amy Winehouse exhibition when it was replaced with the Four Four Jew. With the top floor hosting exhibitions, we will definitely keep an eye on what on when we next visit London.

1  Thank Lisa-Wilson-Riddell