“Convenient, very nice to see.”

Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
Book In Advance
US$127.76*
and up
London Full-Day Sightseeing Tour including Tower of London, Changing of the...
US$322.76*
Private Custom Tour: Day Tour of London
US$21.52*
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Tour and Exhibition with Optional Afternoon Tea
Ranked #36 of 1,694 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded by the pioneering American actor and director Sam Wanamaker, Shakespeare's Globe is a unique international resource dedicated to the exploration of Shakespeare's work and the playhouse for which he wrote, through the connected means of performance and education.Together, the Globe Theatre Company, Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition and Globe Education seek to further the experience and international understanding of Shakespeare in performance.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is in close walking distance to London Bridge and Millennium Bridge. It appears to be a very good recreation of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. You get to sit in various places of the theatre and enjoy the views while the guide explains what types of people would typically sit where. The theatre is actively in operation. There is an overhead roof over the seating area. However, a heavy downpour would likely still get the audience wet....just like the original.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been to the Globe several times now - each experience is different, but it is still a fantastic way to experience Shakespeare and I'd recommend anyone visiting London to try to get tickets if they like Shakespeare at all. Also worth checking out the Sam Wannamaker new theatre if you can - a more intimate experience but also unlike going to a 'normal' theatre.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a must for any Shakespeare lover - went to see Antony and Cleopatra and it was amazing. Thought we'd go for the full experience so got standing tickets which is definitely worth trying as the atmosphere is fantastic and the actors create a real rapport with the audience. Think I'll go for seats next time though as the theatre staff are very hot on making sure you stand for the whole thing! There were several bored looking people in the audience though so I would suggest you make sure you want to sit/stand through a whole performance before booking as the tours can be a great way of seeing the theatre and hearing the history without standing for 3 hours. Also went for the storyteller session as I was going with my daughter and that was absolutely fantastic (wish I'd been just before my a-levels!).

1  Thank Purpletigger
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have done a lot of theater and this by far is the most unique and would convert me to being a Shakespeare fan. We had ticketed seats. But many, many people stand in front of the stage for the entire performance and are a bit of the performance, from young people to old people, they stand! The acting is first rate. The only thing I would say to do is to pay the 3 £ for the back rest. I didn't for the first act and suffered. 2nd act was for more enjoyable.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

Our family ran out of time last summer while visiting London to stop at the Globe, so this year we made sure that it was a priority on our list of places to see. Our entire family really enjoyed the tour which lasted approximately 40 minutes long. Our guide was Anthony and he did a really great job sharing the Globe's history and weaving all the information together for us. I had no idea that American actor San Wanamaker was the person responsible for the modern recreation of the theatre. It was fascinating to listen how his dream of recreating the original Globe took over 20 years to do. It was fascinating to see and learn about the details and workmanship that went into recreating this new theatre as well hearing about period facts.