“Well organised considering the number of groups there”

Shakespeare's Globe Theatre
US$46.66*
Shakespeare's Globe Theatre Tour with Thames River Cruise in London
Ranked #35 of 1,695 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Founded by the pioneering American actor and director Sam Wanamaker, Shakespeare's Globe is a unique international resource dedicated to the exploration of Shakespeare's work and the playhouse for which he wrote, through the connected means of performance and education.Together, the Globe Theatre Company, Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition and Globe Education seek to further the experience and international understanding of Shakespeare in performance.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Somewhat small reception area where you are given a timed ticket and ushered into an exhibition of some considerable size.

Every 15 minutes someone with a 'school bell' gives it a mighty ring and calls for those on the next tour.

I was in a tour with Lauren - an excellent guide who made the whole visit memorable. There were many school trips when I visited but the organisation is so slick that we never collided with another group.

I highly recommend this tour even though I was not really interested in going initially but had the trip given to me as a present.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is in close walking distance to London Bridge and Millennium Bridge. It appears to be a very good recreation of Shakespeare's Globe Theatre. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. You get to sit in various places of the theatre and enjoy the views while the guide explains what types of people would typically sit where. The theatre is actively in operation. There is an overhead roof over the seating area. However, a heavy downpour would likely still get the audience wet....just like the original.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been to the Globe several times now - each experience is different, but it is still a fantastic way to experience Shakespeare and I'd recommend anyone visiting London to try to get tickets if they like Shakespeare at all. Also worth checking out the Sam Wannamaker new theatre if you can - a more intimate experience but also unlike going to a 'normal' theatre.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This is a must for any Shakespeare lover - went to see Antony and Cleopatra and it was amazing. Thought we'd go for the full experience so got standing tickets which is definitely worth trying as the atmosphere is fantastic and the actors create a real rapport with the audience. Think I'll go for seats next time though as the theatre staff are very hot on making sure you stand for the whole thing! There were several bored looking people in the audience though so I would suggest you make sure you want to sit/stand through a whole performance before booking as the tours can be a great way of seeing the theatre and hearing the history without standing for 3 hours. Also went for the storyteller session as I was going with my daughter and that was absolutely fantastic (wish I'd been just before my a-levels!).

1  Thank Purpletigger
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have done a lot of theater and this by far is the most unique and would convert me to being a Shakespeare fan. We had ticketed seats. But many, many people stand in front of the stage for the entire performance and are a bit of the performance, from young people to old people, they stand! The acting is first rate. The only thing I would say to do is to pay the 3 £ for the back rest. I didn't for the first act and suffered. 2nd act was for more enjoyable.