“amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazin” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #204 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Solihull, United Kingdom
“amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2011

we stayed here for a treat and i have to say that we really did have the time of our lives in this luxurious hotel! having been keen to visit the cool bar that seems to constantly feature in the celeb columns this was a perfect opportunity for us to enjoy a weekend of luxury as well as a wicked night out.

we arrived mid afternoon and after checking in parked a few streets away in an NCP which had a reduced rate for guests at the may fair. our room was massive, with a huge bathroom and walk in shower. we enjoyed a few early evening drinks in the may fair bar which it has to be said were proper london prices but worth every penny for the cool atmosphere and glamorous but random mix of people - i would recommend a visit just for the bar

the highlight of the weekend though had to be the amazing breakfast - one of the best we have ever experienced in a hotel! foodies we are; but usually hotel breakfasts include cold toast and rubbish eggs and are not even worth a mention - not here!

a real treat and well deserved of its popular status

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mickw78
MayFairHotel, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2011
Thank you so much for your kind feedback.
I am delighted to learn that you had such an amazing time with us and so pleased you enjoyed the May Fair Bar.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
With our very best wishes,

Anthony Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2011

I had a very pleasant stay at the May Fair this month. I like the fact that while offering a very high standard of service it doesn't take itself too seriously, and is very friendly and relaxed. All the staff were superb. I would say though that the room lacked a few basics. Very nice decoration, in excellent condition, but for all the literature about Sicilian marble in the bathroom etc. it is the identikit bathroom from other Radisson Edwardian hotels I have stayed in. The wall-attached toiletries, not a very good make either, are again an annoying feature of other Radissons. The talk of saving the environment is here misplaced and patronising, and it is simply not very hygienic to share these, let alone the meanness that comes across. There is not even a pen or pencil and paper in the room (or that I could find anyway!). Room service though was well-priced and excellent, and the free internet is most welcome. I found the scented candles in the lobby (and possibly room essence), that others have complained about, subtle and relaxing (what is that fragrance or does it change?) and I hope it will stay! All in all very good, and so nearly excellent.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MayFairHotel, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2011
Thank you for your feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I have taken note of the points you have raised and will certainly look into these.
The scent you have mentioned is infact made especially for the May fair and I am delighted that you enjoyed the smell of this.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.
With our best wishes,

Surrey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

I have stayed at numerous 'top' hotels in London ie Hilton Park Lane , Waldorf , Swiss Howard etc etc and have never left a rating on Tripadvisor but after my stay feltl that I really should ..

I decided to stay at The Mayfair due to it's location (Abercrombie and Fitch store mainly !) on my 40th birthday with my 13 year old son..

It has a perfect location right next to Green Park tube station about 200 metres from The Ritz in a quiet road opposite a Sainsburys local store..

Very pleased to be offered a upgrade ( by a very pleasant German guy ) to a family room. The spotlessly clean bedroom/bathroom was the biggest I have ever stayed in in London , big enough for two double beds , chaise lounge , triple wardrobes , Bang and Olufsen tv , desk etc etc...

The foods prices looked reasonable for this part of town eg £14.50 for burger and chips - my full English breakfast by room service was great..

Also had a few drinks in the Met bar downstairs that is waiter service only ... again very impressive...

Finally a plate of fresh fruit and water with a hand written note by the general manager Mr Lee wishing us a happy stay was delivered to the room whilst I was out shopping - a nice touch...

All in all full marks and I would definitely stay again as it is far superior to any hotel I have stayed in up town..and for that matter better value and service..

Thanks again !

Allan

• Stayed March 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MayFairHotel, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2011
Thank you for your wonderful feedback which was such a pleasure to receive.
I was delighted to learn you and your son had such a nice stay with us in celebration of your 40th Birthday!
We very much look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.

UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2011

This was my fourth stay at The May Fair. I love the location of this hotel,it really doesn't get any better than this, minutes from Piccadilly,Regent St shops,Soho and the theatre district.It is spotlessly clean with a wonderful scent in the lobby.I always loved the bar at this hotel but I noticed how much the clientele has changed since I was last there,full of perma tanned individuals who look like they are extras from "the only way is essex",it was actually quite amusing and wasn't a big deal for us, but I can't imagine that would be everyones cup of tea. We had a beautiful studio king room on the 6th floor, overlooking the back of the hotel so there was no street noise. The reception staff were very helpful, as were the concierge. I wouldn't recommend room service as it's hugely expensive (£8.00 for a pot of tea in the morning!) and there is a Sainsburys directly opposite which is very useful and a Caffe Nero and Starbucks just round the corner.I will be returning to The Mayfair again, but will always ensure to get a room on a high floor in a quieter part of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MayFairHotel, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2011
Thank you for your feedback.
We were delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to the May Fair on a future occasion.
Warmest wishes,

Warrington, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2011

This was my second stay at The May Fair. After last years less than perfect stay, this really was very refreshing, it was spot on from the minute we walked through the door.
Upon arrival doormen greeted us and in the lobby we were greeted again and led to the check-in desk. Our bags were taken from us and hurried up to the room while the customer relations manager took us personally to our room to check that everything was in order.

There was a bowl of fruit, a small box of chocolates and mineral water on the dining table which I thought was a nice touch.

The room was spacious, clean and tidy. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom had a large walk in shower and roll top bath with a WC in a room off the bathroom.

The rooms at The May Fair seem to have Bang & Olufsen CRT TVs. While this is a nice high brand touch the screens are small and I would much rather have a larger flat screen TV.

There was a choice to have the breakfast in a large eating area or in the bar area. We chose to eat in the bar as it was less crowded and much quieter. The breakfast was without doubt one of the best hotel buffet breakfasts I have had and the service was smart, efficient and polite.

Well done and thank you The May Fair, you made this a very memorable vacation.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
MayFairHotel, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback which we were delighted to receive.
I am so pleased you had a most memorable stay with us and I have taken note of your point with regards to the televisions.
We very much hope to welcome you back on a future occasion when I would hope to have the pleasure of meeting with you personally.

Aylesbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2011

We were welcomed by reception with a lovely smile after being greeted by concierge on the door with a warm welcome!
We had the head of guest relations take us to our room to ensure that everything was okay and that we were comfortable and we were.
Soon after she left we had a phone call to make sure that everything was okay and it was.
The room was lovely and bigger than we imagined and a great view!
We stayed over as we had a wedding nearby and it was very handy as it was only walking distance in the Sheraton Park Lane but they did not have family rooms so we used the May Fair instead and we were not disappointed.
We had breakfast in the room which was delightful as we all sat with our robes round the table and everything from the bread to the pastries were very fresh.
Checkout was as efficient as check out and again greeted us with a smile and made sure that everything was okay.
Michael Cheung, the manager was very pleasant ensuring that our accomodation was sorted out to our satisfaction. First class service and great staff that he should be proud of.
We will definately be back for a further visit and recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank joen274
MayFairHotel, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2011
Thank you for your kind feedback. Your comments are much appreciated and delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us.
We all look forward to welcoming you back and send you our very best wishes,

Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2011

On arrival, my partner and I received a warm welcome and were impressed with the size and quality of our superior room (number 306). The only minor suggestion I would make if the hotel is considering furniture alterations in future is that it's not ideal to have the only available wardrobe space and full length mirror in the bathroom. However the room was huge and the decor attractive, Eastern-inspired and modern, so overall it was lovely.

Unfortunately while getting ready to go out, we had a small flood from the shower caused by a backed-up drain, and the iron provided by the hotel had scorch marks on it, which transferred themselves to my partner's shirt before he realised. I popped down to reception to report the incidents, and was impressed with the efficiency of Emma, who immediately had the iron replaced, the drain cleared, the wet towels replaced, a bottle of wine sent up and compensatory arrangements made about the shirt.

We also experienced noise from a neighbouring room at 5am, but this was again dealt with quickly and efficiently by the duty manager.

Our lasting impression of the hotel was that normally such problems wouldn't happen, but when they did, the staff dealt with them fast and we felt looked after and happy. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback.
Extremely sorry for a couple of frustruations you experienced during your stay but so delighted you enjoyed your overall visit. I am sure you will love the enhancements we are in the process of making here at the Hotel and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future when I would hope to meet with you personally.