“Great hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #203 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Royston, United Kingdom
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Second time I have stayed here and once again it has proved its elegance and sophistication. You get what you pay for!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2012
Thank you taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I am very glad to hear you chose to stay with us at The May Fair once again and enjoyed our renowned 5* service.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Anthony Lee

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed at the May Fair for 2 nights for a business meeting at the hotel. Was coming frmo outside the city - easily accessible from Paddington station via tube (Green park stop is a block away). Rooms were comfortable. Bathrooms are somewhat unique - as others have mentioned, in some rooms the wardrobe is in the bathroom. Shower in my room was standard UK shower with half a wall (vs. full curtain or sliding door. Helpful and pleasant staff. Buffet breakfast with decent selection of meats, cheeses, yogurt, cereal. Very quiet and found bed comfortable. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope to welcome you back again soon. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
With warmest wishes,
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2012

Something has happened here. I was here last year with my wife but this time the experience was so positive I can't wait to get back. Great staff team ... seems like everyone wanted my bag! From start to finish, start being sending my reservation via email, I was truly impressed. Well done!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for your review.
I was delighted to read such positive comments and your compliments are truly appreciated.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do let me know when you return so I can have the pleasure of meeting with you.
With warmest wishes,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night on points - maybe that is why we got the furthest room possible from the lifts. The bathroom was very small and the extractor fan was not working. Tea selection poor. Expected a bit better for 5*

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was so sorry to read that your stay did not meet with your expectations and I would like to offer you my personal apologies for a disappointing visit.
I have taken note of your comments and will be following these up with my Heads of Department. Thank you for making me aware of your feedback.
I do hope we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future and if you do decide to return, please let my office know so I could have the pleasure of meeting you.
With my best wishes,
bath
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2012

stayed 3 nights, room ok good size bathroom, busy hotel great buzzing bar area but not 5*

Room Tip: higher floors less noise
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that the hotel was not up to your standards.
If you do decide to return, please contact my office directly so I can personally oversee the arrangements for you.
Kind regards,
Loughborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2012

my wife and i stayed on Sunday 6th May in a Junior suite . We have stayed at this hotel over the years quite a few times so know all about it . Its location is superb but recently i felt the hotel was on the down ward slide , that was until we stayed on Sunday .
The check in was faultless with very pleasant staff throughout the whole hotel. The Doorman were much better at greeting the concierge was efficient . The room was amazing lovely big room very clean and beautifully decorated. We had theatre tickets for a show and really fancied eating in Quince but unfortunately it didnt open until 18:30 but the restaurant staff the next morning explained to us that they are seriously thinking about a pre theatre menu which was a really great touch that she remembered to say something about it to her boss. So we had some room service when we came back from the show which was superb.Breakfast was excellent as were the restaurant staff very cheerful and nothing was too much trouble.
Overall our stay was excellent and are very much looking forward to our next stay.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for such a positive review.
I am very happy to hear that you have reconsidered and thoroughly enjoyed our service and that you enjoyed our outlets and facilities.
I will ensure to pass this feedback on to our teams.
We all look forward to your return and would be delighted to meet you on your next trip.
Kind regards,
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2012

We stayed in London for a 3 day tour. It happened we got there while Gas pipes had burst in the Mayfair area. The hotel staff was very helpful in trying to accommodate all our needs. The next day the problem was corrected and it was great ...
The Hotel is very centrally located and the Staff is great. The bar downstairs is very busy with locals and open until very late… I would definitely try to stay in a high floor. Rooms were very confortable.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a feedback.
We really appreciate the fact that you decided to stay with us even during such a period as the lack of gas throughout the area. We are delighted to hear that our staff was helpful and that you enjoyed the bar.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the May fair.
Kindest regards,