“Very nice, great location, great staff”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #223 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 May 2012

We stayed at the May Fair on a work related trip. The staff was attentive and very helpful. The room was spacious and well appointed. We did have some difficulty with the climate control in the room. It did not cool down much during the day. Fortunately it was cool outside so not a terrible thing. The location is very convenient. The excercise facility had far more than I would have expected in a space that was fairly small. On the whole, it is a great place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback.
I am very pleased to hear your comments and would love to be able to accommodate you and your colleagues again for a future stay.
Until then, sending you our warmest wishes.
Anthony Lee

Write a ReviewReviews (4,897)

Reviewed 18 May 2012

We stayed at the May Fair for two nights over the bank holiday weekend. This was our second stay, and I took advantage of a complimentary room upgrade (superior to deluxe) that had been promised following an incident during our first visit a couple of years ago.

First impressions were good, the lady on reception was friendly and chatty and advised our room was ready on arrival around 3pm. The room at the back of the hotel was a bit smaller than the one we had at the front of the hotel last time, but was much quieter, which more than made up for it - I have a serious pet peeve with 5 star hotels where you can hear everything in the next room through connecting doors! The bed was very comfy, and there was a relatively good selection of TV channels, though I think it is time they invested in some more modern (and larger) TVs. The bathroom was clean and of a very good size - though my partner found it a bit frustrating that the hair dryer was located in the wardrobe area but there was nowhere to plug her hair straighteners in that was near a mirror.

Breakfast was very good. Staff were very attentive and the food was of good quality.

Location wise we found the hotel hard to beat as it is right near Green Park tube and within walking distance of the main shopping area.

On checkout I was attended to promptly and another member of staff (duty manager?) noted my preference for the quieter room for future visits which I thought was a nice touch. The only slight disappointment on leaving was that even with the hotel's discount card the NCP on Carrington Street (convenient but very run-down) charged us £64 for less than 48 hours parking which seemed a little steep in comparison to last time (half that amoun for a day longer) and is not consistent with what the hotel website says the price should be at £30 for 24 hours.

Taking everything into account though it was a good stay and the hotel went a long way towards remedying the issues we found on our first visit.

• Stayed: May 2012

Thank you for your wonderful comments.
I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and thank you for your positive feedback. It is great to hear that you feel that the service you recieved was a significant improvement from the last time you stayed.
I have taken note of your additional comments and will have my team look into the car park pricing.
We very much hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back again soon
Kindest regards

Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed here recently having got a good deal including Theatre and breakfast overnight friendly staff nice twin room. We had a great time in London went to the theatre and were back at the hotel at a reasonable time however early hours of the morning we were woken by two guys and two girls screaming and laughing running up and down the fifth floor they fell into our bedroom door which was a bit frightening to be fair to one of the guys you could hear him trying to shut them up but this went on for at least half and hour and in the end I phoned reception who apologised and said they would send up security all was quiet and then they started again. You do not expect this when staying anywhere but the May Fair !! Breakfast next morning was great. Overall stay the staff were great nice room a shame a bout the drunken louts.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for you feedback.
I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend with us. I would like to apologize personally for the disturbance you were caused by other residents. This is most unfortunate and I appreciate that this would have caused great concern given the time of night. As a 5* hote we do not tolerate disturbances of such sort and I thank you for reporting this. I am pleased to hear that our security team were able to help.
Thank you for the comments regarding our wonderful breakfast to finish your stay with us.
I hope to welcome you back to the May Fair in the near future.
Until then my warmest regards.

Reviewed 17 May 2012

Second time I have stayed here and once again it has proved its elegance and sophistication. You get what you pay for!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you taking the time to write such a lovely review.
I am very glad to hear you chose to stay with us at The May Fair once again and enjoyed our renowned 5* service.
I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2012

Stayed at the May Fair for 2 nights for a business meeting at the hotel. Was coming frmo outside the city - easily accessible from Paddington station via tube (Green park stop is a block away). Rooms were comfortable. Bathrooms are somewhat unique - as others have mentioned, in some rooms the wardrobe is in the bathroom. Shower in my room was standard UK shower with half a wall (vs. full curtain or sliding door. Helpful and pleasant staff. Buffet breakfast with decent selection of meats, cheeses, yogurt, cereal. Very quiet and found bed comfortable. Would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I was delighted to read you enjoyed your time with us and we do hope to welcome you back again soon. Your feedback is very much appreciated.
With warmest wishes,

Reviewed 13 May 2012

Something has happened here. I was here last year with my wife but this time the experience was so positive I can't wait to get back. Great staff team ... seems like everyone wanted my bag! From start to finish, start being sending my reservation via email, I was truly impressed. Well done!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Thank you for your review.
I was delighted to read such positive comments and your compliments are truly appreciated.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon and please do let me know when you return so I can have the pleasure of meeting with you.
With warmest wishes,

Reviewed 10 May 2012

Stayed one night on points - maybe that is why we got the furthest room possible from the lifts. The bathroom was very small and the extractor fan was not working. Tea selection poor. Expected a bit better for 5*

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
I was so sorry to read that your stay did not meet with your expectations and I would like to offer you my personal apologies for a disappointing visit.
I have taken note of your comments and will be following these up with my Heads of Department. Thank you for making me aware of your feedback.
I do hope we might have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future and if you do decide to return, please let my office know so I could have the pleasure of meeting you.
With my best wishes,