“Fantastic Hotel...!!!”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #221 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I stayed here last weekend and it was a surprise planned for my fiancé. We loved everything about this hotel from the point of check-in until end of our stay. The staff here are really friendly and helpful. The lady who checked us in was really welcoming. Dinner in the restaurant was amazing and the new addition of the cigar lounge is a class apart. The young manager on duty made sure we were comfortable and enjoyed the service overall. The main bar of the hotel was really buzzing and enjoyed a couple of drinks before calling it a night. We are surely going to be back soon without no doubts to enjoy the classy Mayfair...!!!

Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2013

Thank you so much for your review.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind compliments.
We do hope to welcome you back soon and in the meantime, I send you my best wishes.

Reviewed 14 January 2013

i was a guest in this hotel for 15 days in january for my workand i really enjoyed the rooms! and all the hotel....., they got a cinema , spa,everything you need

the staff is amazing,there is one girl named fatima, she took care of us really good, and all the staff was great.....

if i have to go back to london for sure 100% i will go back to this place

thanks to all the staff to make my days better in this hotel

thanks a lot

Room Tip: room 530 or 532
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2013

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
With best wishes,

Reviewed 14 January 2013

My mother gave it to me meant well and has paid for my stay in London 16-20.08.2012 in ReservierungsNr C3J99Q2 May Fair hotel with her credit card in advance, and this gave it to me as a gift presents.

The credit card has been with me and was in Sheck in presenting = * IMMEDIATE FULL PREPAYMENT, NO REFUND OR AMENDMENTS *
Credit card used for payment must be presented upon check-in. If this room booking is not for yourself but for a third party, please contact our Central Reservations office on +44 (0) 207 666 2662 for further assistance.

I am on 16.08.2012 in the May Fair hotel around 3 pm arrived. When checking from me was a credit card and asked, I knew that the card through which payment was made, they must be ev. So the mother gave me the card. The booking was made on 15.08.2012 to 5:40 pm and I've never booked in advance, I have tried the hotel to the HP http://www.radissonblu-edwardian.com/london-hotel-gb-w1j -8lt/gbmayfai/home? / 0 to reach specified TelNr to find out if it was all OK with the payment. Unfortunately no, which is on the hotel site, led me to the reservation department of the hotel, which was after 17 h no longer accessible.

When checking in, I thought it was with the whole booking something was amiss. As it has turned out later, the hotel wanted to have only the credit card to cover extras. I was not allowed into the room and had to wait about 2 hours in the cold lobby.

But I thought that the book was not paid to the employee by Philippe offered that I book the first night with points and they deduct the night of the existing booking. Then he has assured me that after the receipt of the passport copy of my mother, she would be satisfied.

I have purchased for 17 h room.
In this situation, I was glad that I did not need to stay in the park or Flughafe.
The next day I had a look at the room - it had a head-on view of the wall of the house. I called the front desk for 9 hours early Anund asked if an upgrade was given to me - no, there were no rooms for Ubgrade. I asked for the duty manager and wanted to know what happens next, because my mother has assured me by phone that she sent to 18 h londoner time a passport copy to the fax reception. The duty manager knew of nothing and said that he will return to reporting. Reported back has about 11 h Philippe again and said that my reservation was canceled. I asked why I was informed? The answer was: we retain no foreign money and there was not a fax from my mother the day before. it was incredible that someone informed me just canceled my reservation WITHOUT! Particular kind of disrespect! I have in my entire life never seen anything like it!

My mother, at my request sent one more time the fax, amazingly, came the fax to the 2nd time.

I have asked that I could talk to someone from the hotel management. Then came the reception manager. He knew nothing of the conflict situation and had to inform only once. Then came the general manager, has said that he would look at the matter, and I should go to lunch and to report in the near him.

In Zwieschenzeit my mother has had to scan their passport because the fax was not legible.

After lunch I went back and reported to the General Manager said that I already expect a certain gesture, if I should stay at his hotel, such as a free night or half board included. He replied that he did not something like this can offer. I have some wondering whether I should then lose the time to go to another hotel. Then I decided that I look at the room and I have decided to remain in the short term at the May Fair.

In the time I've seen it in my profile at the club already Radisson erschiehen one reservation, which I did not at the time. a confirmation to my email address was also not. The cancellation of the reservation confirmation

I must confess that I let myself be seduced by the side of the hotel that it was a luxury hotel, etc. I have seen a nice furnished house with a service that is less than satisfactory. If you order something (envelope / water / coffee and tea in the room sympathize) waiting for hours. At breakfast, the tea the special cheap brand is served. The SPA Zutrit cost extra if you are elite members or not.

For Membership. As a Gold member of Club Carlson, I have not felt Ted accepts. There was no welcome gift, not an upgrade. To late to get sheckout I have to fight properly. It is equal to it was offered to me something special price!

If such treatment at Edwardians hotels should be considered as standard, I'll start a nice ANTI-advertising for the hotel by all means!

I hope you find a satisfactory solution!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo

Thank you for your review.
I ws extremely sorry to hear about your visit and I am assuming you have had conversations with my Hotel Manager as I have been away on annual leave.
May I ask that you kindly make contact with my Front of House Manager, Sonny, who will be pleased to look into this for you.
Please do accept my personal apologies and rest assured that Sonny will look into this for you.
With kind regards,

Reviewed 13 January 2013

There are expectations when staying at a higher end hotel;none were met. We were greeted at arrival but certainly not made to feel welcome. Waited for our room to be ready in the bar and the service was deplorable....sat for 15 minutes before anyone acknowledged us and then waited 10 more minutes for our coffees. A refill was never offered; we were ignored. Walked into our room; it was not the Deluxe King I booked but my husband was so tired I let it go.....not something I usually do. I went to close the cutain and the panel came away from the wall (velcro) and landed on me. NICE! I got a chair and put that back together so my husband could nap.
A few hours later we went down for dinner....hignlights: they sat us at a cocktail/lounge table which was awkward-chair table ratio was ridiculous to eat a meal. Upon placing our order the waiter asked why we were not in the Dining Room....I told him I thought we were....we were relocated to another table. Placed our order, food was delivered...not bad....tried to get attention of staff for salt and pepper....finally had to get up and go to an empty table and swipe the S&P. No one asked how our meal was...no one refilled our wine glasses or water......
Deided to have a chat with the Duty Manager. She was very sincere in her apology. She moved us to a "suite" . The gesture was appreciated but the room was very rundown and old. Woke up to drip, drip drip....It was raining in London (surprise) and the room had three big ceiling leaks. One of the leaks was over the coffee table and splattering on my passport. Housekeeping knocked so I went to answer the door and slipped on yet another puddle of water in the hallway....my husband was rightfully upset at this point as I could have really hurt myself. Housekeeping manager told me the room would be looked at and water cleaned up.
Went to breakfast. Thought for sure we were part of a British sitcom as nothing could be this bad could it?? We were seated at a table that needed to be cleaned...I asked for another table. Got that. It was a buffet affair and when we sat down there was no cutlery etc. Again tried to flag down a staff member....forget it. Swiped cutlery, salt pepper etc. from another table and went into the back area of the restaurant to find someone to get a cup of coffee.
Returned to the hotel early evening (ate dinner elsewhere). the room had towels and garbage buckets on the floor, tables to catch the still leaking water.
Wrote my comments on 5 pages of small hotel stationary with the PENCIL provided. Went downstairs to speak with duty manager and give him my letter. He was aware of our room change and incidents leading up to it but was not aware of the leaks in the suite. He obviously felt bad about our experience but not much he could do at this point.Wrote us a very nice note apologizing and offered us some comp food and beverage. The waiter that delivered our comp food spent 5 minutes asking for deatils about what had happened as he knew the delivery was a comp, and then went on about the faults of the hotel.....My husband finally guided him to the door. There were 3 different knocks on our door in the next 2 hours.....all were unecessary and intrusive. Happy Aniversary to us!
Checked out the next morning and asked for a cab to Paddington to get to Heathrow airport. Concierge said there may be a delay with the Heathrow train. Good to know and we thanked him. Got to Paddinton and learned the train was cancelled and had been reported as cancelled two hours prior.....isn't this something a concierge should know? Lugged our luggage back to the taxi pool and took another to Heathrow. Will never stay at this hotel again. The 2 duty managers were amiable and as efficient as they could be but it is obvious this hotel needs a rehall of its interiors and its staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MMRCanada
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for your review which was I extremely disappointed to read.
I would like to firstly start by saying how sorry I was to hear of your stay and to also send you my personal apologies.
Your comments are extremely concerning to me and I will certainly be following this up with my Executive team. The standards you have described are certainly not representative of the service we strive to achieve here at The May Fair and I am just so very sorry this spoilt what should have been a special occasion for you both.
If you do change your mind and decide to return to us, please do contact me directly.
In the meantime, my renewed apologies to you both.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

This is our second visit to the hotel.
On December 2010 we had a fabulous studio suite (very far away from the elevator).
This time we stayed in a very big and comfortable King Deluxe room.
Like the previous visit we enjoyed the room very much. Huge bathroom with separate shower + walk-in closet.
The staff are welcoming and friendly. The concierge desk always ready to assist.
Very rich breakfast buffet.
The location is outstanding - close to Piccadilly Street and Green Park station. In the center of everything.
The hotel's large and pink umbrellas were found very useful.
We'll certainly come back.

Room Tip: The distance from the elevator - relevant. The floor is irrelevant.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review.
I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your second visit with us and your comments are very much appreciated.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2013

I was made aware I was coming to this hotel about a week or so ago and have to admit I was slightly concerned by the bad reviews, I am however so glad I came and got to experience the hotel and didn't let the bad reviews stop me going.

I arrived around 12 ish on Friday and as my friend had already checked in we went straight up to the room (8th floor).
I loved the room, it was spacious, clean, tidy and smelt lovely.
Whatever problem we phoned down about was dealt with fast and efficiently (Mainly my friend needing a iron and not looking in the cupboard!)
The bathroom was beautiful and also clean and warm..Had to admit I loved the TV in front of the bath! Brilliant touch!!!!

I headed out shopping on my own whilst my friend was out, when I arrived back in a taxi one of the door staff immediately came over and helped me out of the taxi and walked me in and held the door (Lovely polite man)
When I got back to the room there was a bottle of bubbly and chocolate and strawberries waiting there (Super nice touch even though I don't drink!)
When we got back from dinner some time later the bed had been remade and petals left over the bed!

I found all the staff extremely nice and helpful.
The breakfast came dead on time and was good! The staff member who delivered it was very courteous also.

I also had a treatment in the spa and thoroughly enjoyed the experience!
It was lovely to have my first ever massage treatment in such a beautiful place!
Staff here also very nice and helpful.

Highly recommended and please don't let the bad reviews put you off as this place is AMAZING.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kayleigh07

Thank you for your wonderful review.
I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your comments were a pleasure to read, especially about the team here.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2013 via mobile

Most everything you would expect from the world famous May Fair. A couple of disappointments, I had a early morning engagement and the breakfast restaurant didn't open till 7:30 and then was a further 10 mins late. I waited for some time to be served and was served a very disappointing eggs benedict. This was followed by a bill for the buffet, twice my expected bill. The other small lack of service was in the outdoor cigar lounge where I sat by a gas fire that was turned off after the other guest left leaving me quite cold. Then I was charged £2.75 for a glass of water with my cigar, usually complementry in most lounges.

Apart from that a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you for your review.
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us but have taken on board your additional comments and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will certainly be following up your feedback with my Director of Food and Beverage.
We do hope to welcome you back in the future.