“Excellent” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #204 of 1,089 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I stayed there Friday 6th December 2013.
Staff very attentive, although they do need nore people on reception. Rooms were high quality, good tv's, ipod players, well furnished, excellent toilets and bathrooms, very spacious. It's not that cheap but then you get what you pay for in central London. It's fairly priced without a dount and well worth a stay.
The bar is a good meeting place and popular in the evenings.
May Fair is a very good hotel. I stay in at least 40 hotels a year for business and this one is good. go there and you wont be disapointed.
take no notice of the bad review, i didn't hear or see any of it and i paid for 8 of my staff to stay the same night as me.
It's impressive.

Room Tip: search the internet as you always should and get last minute deals. I stayed in a suite and it was v...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Matt,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for your kind compliments.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.
Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (513)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nogent-sur-Marne, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

We enjoyed yet another most pleasant stay at the Mayfair.
The service is very friendly and the Concierge was particularly helpful.

We had dinner at Quince, the hotel's restaurant and we have nothing but praise .

make sure you request a room in the higher floors as the very loud music from the bar can be heard on the lower levels.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
leeds
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel in common with a number of other Premium radissons appears to be staffed and run by a collection of dimwits. The list of issues were endless - two reservations not connected, missing luggage, long wait at reception, fire alarms in middle of night, dirt in bathrooms, missing things in room etc.
I suspect though that as we had a similar experience in Dubai the issues maybe down to how Radisson operate in this segment - they clearly don't know their stuff. Stay in a blu - same group, similar rooms, much better service.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for your review which I was extremely disappointed to read.
I am so sorry that you were unhappy with your stay and please do accept my personal apologies for this. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please contact my Front of House Manager, Botho Stein, who will look into the points raised for you.
After this, and if you are happy to return, please do contact my office so I can personally oversee your booking.
With best wishes,
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

I am having my apartment refurbished in the area and was unable to stay there during this time. I then contacted the General Manager of the hotel and he passed my details to Botho Stein and Ipek Kalkavan who helped to arrange my bookings and showed me several rooms before I arrived and we had many an email conversation. On arrival I was greeted by Fatima who was very nice and helped me settle into the hotel. The concierge team actually went to my flat and brought my luggage to the hotel which was so helpful and made my transition so much easier. Chris was a great help!
Since my arrival I have also met Sophie who assisting with my daughters booking and have arranged a beautiful Signature Suite with her for the rest of my stay. I will be leaving the hotel on the 14th Dec and will be returning to the hotel on a daily basis just for breakfast. Khalif, the chef, knows exactly how I like my food and it is always delicious. The hostess, Nadal, is also very friendly.
I visit the spa on a daily basis and all the staff are great and recognise me now and greet me with a smile and Shauni gave me a great manicure.
This stay has definitely reached my expectations and I'm truly happy.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review.
I was absolutely delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and so pleased that we will able to be of service to you during your apartment refurbishment.
Thank you also for your kind compliments about the team here, these are very much appreciated.
I do hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay and it would be wonderful to meet with you in the New Year when you return to the Hotel.
Limassol, Cyprus
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

The May Fair, London is simply the best for your stay in Central London. Awesome location, wonderful ambience & stunning rooms. The Guest relations managers specially Ipek & Sophie were amazing and really made the stay truly remarkable and most comfortable. They made it special by taking care of what we truly required...exceeded expectations by far and the standards were the best u can imagine. Definately a must stay while in Central London and will surely be back soon!!

• Stayed October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Thank you for your review.
I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind compliments about Sophie and Ipek.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

We visited The Mayfair Hotel this time last year only to find that the boiler had packed up and we had no hot water for the weekend. As compensation we were offered a complimentary stay which we took this weekend. On arriving we were greeted personally by Sophie Williams, The Guest Relations Manager. She told us that, in view of our past troubled experience at the Hotel, we had been allocated a Junior Suite. This was not quite ready but was not a problem as we were going straight to the theatre. On returning to the hotel after the show, Sophie once again met us and said that, as The Saffron Suite was now available, it was ours for the night. It is one of the best Suites on the 8th floor and it was truly enormous ! We had wonderful views over London,a more than spacious modern sitting and dining area, kitchen, beautiful comfortable bed and a truly huge luxurious bathroom. We felt the Hotel had more than compensated for the previous visit. Sophie and all the staff were charming. There is a busy and very lively bar in which to have cocktails/drinks and a casino. There is also The Quince Restaurant which we ate in last year but were disappointed so did not re-visit this time. The location of The Mayfair is perfect.- a stones throw from Green Park tube. A fabulous stay sincere thanks to Sophie and all the staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Thank you for your kind review.
I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your return stay with us and were looked after so well by Sophie, one of our Guest Relations Managers.
Your compliments were a pleasure to read and I do hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to The May Fair soon.
Chandigarh, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

Due to work commitments, I travel to London every year and have stayed in various hotels.
This stay, my company made all the arrangements and picked the May Fair hotel. I would never stay anywhere else but May Fair. I never have the time to do reviews, however, the service was incredible that I have to give recognition to the team you have. I was checked in by Sophie at check in who was so welcoming and helped me locate the room. The hotel is very big and I sad thankful she had the time. The room was cosy with a lovely red and gold scheme. Perfect to come back to after a day of working. When I left, Sophie was there to say goodbye and introduced me to her colleague Ipek. Both ladies are incredibly professional and passionate about the hotel. I now will get my company to contact them directly for all mine and my colleagues travel arrangements.

• Stayed November 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your kind review.
It was truly wonderful to read and I am just so pleased both Sophie and Ipek met with your expectations and indeed exceeded them.
We very much look forward to welcoming you and your colleagues back to The May Fair soon.
With best wishes,