“Amazing”

Ranked #214 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have stayed twice recently at The Mayfair and the service is impeccable. The general manager Anthony Lee knows how to ensure excellent customer care. I stayed in October 2013 for a great stay, lovely room, amenities, friendly staff.

I loved it so much that I then brought 7 friends for us to celebrate a big birthday it was worth every penny. Iman and Sophie are so friendly and helpful at guest relations.

I can't say enough good things about the hotel. Anthony is now moving on to Cafe Royale and I wish him all the best. What a gentleman.

Farah

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Dear Farah,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so pleased we met your expectations and thank you for your kind comments. It is delightful to hear that you and your colleagues had a great time on such a special occasion. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to Ipek and Imran. We all wish Anthony the best, and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Winchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Dingy, lightless, scarcely furnished room with the soap and shampoo locked to the wall. £300+ a night and you can't pick up the toiletries!!
Uninspiring corporate hotel. Great location but spend your money somewhere with style. This is a Radisson playing at something else. Fur coat and no knickers.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Oystermouthensis
Thank you for your review which I was extremely saddened to read.I would firstly like to offer you my personal apologies and assure you that your comments will certainly be taken on the board. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Hotel and if you do decide to return, I do hope I will have the pleasure of meeting with you personally.

With best wishes,

Birmingham
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Met outside the hotel as soon as I pulled car up, car went in valet parking, which was very reasonable for 24 hours on London. Bags taken out of car and speedy registration. Staff here are excellent and not over powering, very welcoming, front lobby smells wonderful! Lovely candles burning. Room very nice, quiet and very clean. Not much if a view, but the central location just in waking distance of the west end, and all the major shops made up for this. Would definitely stay here again. Had room service for breakfast, and cost was again, very reasonable,

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room with bath
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and your kind words. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back very soon.

East Sussex
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Went for afternoon tea at the Quince restaurant of the Mayfair hotel yesterday. Although not as well known as tea at the Ritz or Savoy, the Mayfair is more relaxed and lesss stuffy (no need to wear a tie). The food is just as good as the more traditional venues and there was a good selection of teas, I had Cornish Earl Grey, which was delicious. The sandwiches were open smoked salmon with avocado dressing, ham and tomato and open egg mayo and when finished you can ask for more! Then there were scones with clotted cream & jam, 2 custard tarts and various petit fours. The atmosphere was very ggod and the staff were attentive & helpful. Will definitlely go back next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 20 December 2013
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea with us and your compliments really were a pleasure to read.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back next time and please do let me know when you make your booking so I can perhaps have the pleasure of meeting with you.
West Yorkshire
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Great location, very friendly staff......

Hotel looked amazing all festive & Christ-massy, room was a deluxe very plush and modern enjoyed watching the TV in the bath that was a nice treat, also given a box of chocolates in room for being a Carlson Club member used 50.000.00 point to pay for this room for free.

Would stay again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
With my warmest wishes,
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 December 2013

We stayed in Mayfair for 1 night with no breakfast the price we don't know has we stayed with a package deal organized by Imagine Cruising be warned don't use this company For what I have heard the price of the room is not worth it

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review.
I do hope you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on a future occasion. Perhaps you would like to book directly with the Hotel next time as we would be delighted to make the necessary arrangements for you.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I thought the room given was cosy, clean and warm. Service was excellent, we had staff knocking on our door checking whether we needed them to make up the bed etc. Unfortunately I didn't get a good nights sleep here. The pillows weren't as comfortable at other similar standard hotels I've stayed in. Secondly, it was rather noisy outside. I could hear staff doing some DIY or something in the early hours of the morning and it was rather disruptive. Overall though I expected bit more from a hotel in this area. Although not relating to the rooms themselves.. the drinks sold at the bar downstairs was also ridiculously overpriced!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you for your review.
I was pleased to hear you found the room to be cosy, clean and warm and you were pleased with the service you received. I have taken note of your additional points and would like to thank you for bringing them to my attention. I am so sorry for the noise disturbance you experienced, please accept my personal apologies for this.
We very much hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.