“No complaints”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #222 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Was apprehensive about our booking having read several negative reviews. We did not experience any of the issues some have written about. Perfect location. Very large, well furnished room with excellent bathroom (full size bath and separate shower cubicle). Our seventh floor room was immaculate and proved to be very quiet. Comfortable bed and first rate breakfast. What more do you want ?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Thank you for your kind review. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind feedback. We very much hope to welcome you back soon. With best wishes, Inderneel Inderneel Singh General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,854)

Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

The Mayfair Hotel is my favourite bastion when in London, exellent service, privacy, even a small spa to wind down after experiencing the busy day of london, shopping or business I am a regular at this Hotel. Their guest relation manager Fatima Anida was particularly helpful, informative welcoming and professional

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Junayed, Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you were thoroughly looked after by our team here. Thank you for your complimentary comments about Fatima. We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon. With my warmest wishes, Inderneel Inderneel Singh General Manager

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I am just going to sleep during my first and only night at The May Fair.

As a Club Carlson Gold member I was expecting certain member benefits when staying at the May Fair.

I had booked a Studio Suite and I am entitled to an upgrade upon checking in subject to availability. When I presented my card at check-in I was not offered an upgrade and I had to ask and explain the rules. No upgrade was available and I was offered an upgrade for my next stay, even though that is standard as a gold member!

No welcome gift has been placed in my room and this is a Gold benefit.

I enquired for a late checkout and was not offered it even after mentioning Gold status. Another perk not recognised here.

There has also been no turndown service which is not expected in a 5 star hotel.

I can certainly see why I normally stay at Jumeirah hotels. Better hotels and better service.

Overall, an ok hotel but don't expect any membership perks as I certainly didn't get any! Very quiet hotel and seemed pretty empty even thought I was told it was full at check-in.

Nice decoration and a Studio Suite is worth the extra just for the space and bigger bathrooms and walk-in closet.

Try the Jumeirah Carlton Tower for a higher standard.

M.Hanson

Room Tip: My Studio Suite has extra space, walk-in wardrobe, his and hers sinks, larger bathroom with separate...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank MPH_31
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Thank you for your review, which I was extremely concerned to read. Your comments are certainly unrepresentative of the service we strive to achieve here at The May Fair and I am just so sorry for your experience. I do hope you will accept my personal apologies and please rest assured I will be following up with the departments concerned. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please contact our Front of House Manager, Botho Stein, who will look into the points raised for you. If you were to return and allow us to restore your confidence in the Hotel, please do let my office know so I can personally meet with you.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have stayed twice recently at The Mayfair and the service is impeccable. The general manager Anthony Lee knows how to ensure excellent customer care. I stayed in October 2013 for a great stay, lovely room, amenities, friendly staff.

I loved it so much that I then brought 7 friends for us to celebrate a big birthday it was worth every penny. Iman and Sophie are so friendly and helpful at guest relations.

I can't say enough good things about the hotel. Anthony is now moving on to Cafe Royale and I wish him all the best. What a gentleman.

Farah

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Farah,

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am so pleased we met your expectations and thank you for your kind comments. It is delightful to hear that you and your colleagues had a great time on such a special occasion. I will be sure to pass on your wonderful comments to Ipek and Imran. We all wish Anthony the best, and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Dingy, lightless, scarcely furnished room with the soap and shampoo locked to the wall. £300+ a night and you can't pick up the toiletries!!
Uninspiring corporate hotel. Great location but spend your money somewhere with style. This is a Radisson playing at something else. Fur coat and no knickers.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Oystermouthensis

Thank you for your review which I was extremely saddened to read.I would firstly like to offer you my personal apologies and assure you that your comments will certainly be taken on the board. I do hope you will allow us the opportunity to restore your faith in the Hotel and if you do decide to return, I do hope I will have the pleasure of meeting with you personally.

With best wishes,

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Met outside the hotel as soon as I pulled car up, car went in valet parking, which was very reasonable for 24 hours on London. Bags taken out of car and speedy registration. Staff here are excellent and not over powering, very welcoming, front lobby smells wonderful! Lovely candles burning. Room very nice, quiet and very clean. Not much if a view, but the central location just in waking distance of the west end, and all the major shops made up for this. Would definitely stay here again. Had room service for breakfast, and cost was again, very reasonable,

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room with bath
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and your kind words. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Went for afternoon tea at the Quince restaurant of the Mayfair hotel yesterday. Although not as well known as tea at the Ritz or Savoy, the Mayfair is more relaxed and lesss stuffy (no need to wear a tie). The food is just as good as the more traditional venues and there was a good selection of teas, I had Cornish Earl Grey, which was delicious. The sandwiches were open smoked salmon with avocado dressing, ham and tomato and open egg mayo and when finished you can ask for more! Then there were scones with clotted cream & jam, 2 custard tarts and various petit fours. The atmosphere was very ggod and the staff were attentive & helpful. Will definitlely go back next year.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the Afternoon Tea with us and your compliments really were a pleasure to read.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back next time and please do let me know when you make your booking so I can perhaps have the pleasure of meeting with you.