The May Fair Hotel
US$245
US$418
US$358
  • Restaurant
Hampton by Hilton London Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$151
US$130
  • Breakfast included
The Belgrave(London)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$158
  • Bar/Lounge
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$212
US$383
Excellent 5/5
US$197
  • Restaurant
London House Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$108
US$90
4,981 results
All reviewsmayfair hotelmayfair bargreen parkthe guest relations managerbond streetdeluxe roombuckingham palaceconcierge desklarge bathroomfamily roomthe ritzan upgradefantastic locationafternoon teawest endhyde parktube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Valentines weekend in a deluxe room. Clean, tidy and we'll equipped for both business and pleasure! Expensive bar, but to be expected in Mayfair! Minuets away from Green park tube station and close to lots of restaurants and bars! Thoroughly recommended!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2014

Dear Darren,
Thank you for your kind review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your Valentines weekend with us.
Thank you for your kind compliments and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 15 February 2014

My other half and I were in London for Valentines weekend. After dinner on Valentines night, we decided to head over to the Mayfair for drinks. Coming from Dublin, I had googled places to go in the area and this place seemed nice. Maybe my expectations were set too high from the start or something, but it just didn't live up to what it is trying to be. Service at the bar is SLOW! To the point that I was going to leave if we didn't get served soon!! Finally got served and got our drinks. Found a little table in the corner after some others had left. We had 2 drinks each over the hour and a half that we were there, and not once did any of the lounge staff come and clear the empty drinks glasses on our table from the precious customers. Expensive, absolutely. It could perhaps be justified if the service was to match, but it doesn't. Plain and simple. Next time I want to pay £28 for 2 drinks, ill be giving it to one of the many other bars in the area.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Sarah,
Thank you for your review about The May Fair Bar and I must say I am very disappointed to read your comments and please do accept my personal apologies for your experience.
I will certainly follow up your points with my Bar Manager and would like to thank you for bringing these to my attention.
I am so sorry this marred what should have been an enjoyable evening and I do hope you will visit us again soon so you can enjoy a positive experience with us.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

This is the first time I have been compelled to write a review of a hotel on Tripadvisor after 25 years of long haul business travel. After landing into a rainy, stormy, grey cold London from Toronto and finding my usual serviced apartment 'double booked' I checked in to The May Fair with some trepidation. I'm not a hotel person as I find them impersonal.

I could have not been more wrong. The bedroom accommodation is second to none, as are the public spaces. However, what makes the May Fair stand out from it's competitors, apart from the location, is the staff. From the doorman to reception, to the housekeepers and barmen, they were all exemplary. One of the team though deserves extra special praise. Janice Monty in guest relations. Her down to earth grace, professionalism, humor and utter care and pride in her job shone through. Nothing was too much trouble - when I wanted to chat, she had time for a natter. When I needed an emergency birthday present bought, wrapped and delivered to my Aunt in London - no problem.

I arrived at the May Fair a guest, and I left a friend. From the outset what could have been quite a dull business week in London ended up a thoroughly pleasurable experience. I have a new second home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review which I was delighted to read.
It was wonderful to read such positive comments and I am just so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Your special mention about Janis Monty was great to hear and I will make sure this is passed onto Janis.
We very much hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed at the May Fair Hotel the last time I was in London for Business. The service was excellent. They seem to have a sea of employees in the lobby to ensure all of their guests' needs are addressed. I had taken the red eye in that morning and they allowed me to check in quite early even though I had given them no notice. My room was small, but not surprising given that it is London. Instead of a desk they had an oval table with chairs which I found a bit odd but it served it's purpose. The May Fair is a short walk to Piccadilly Circus and Soho. All in all I was quite happy with my stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

I am pleased to hear everything met your needs at the Hotel for your business visit and thank you for your compliments.
We very much hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

We booked a Saturday night at this hotel as it's often in the papers and frequented by all sorts of insteresting people.

On arrival are car was dealt with very efficiently by the valets. Check-in was seamless although oour room wasn't quite ready and we had to wait 10 minutes fo housekeeping to relase the room (and it was 4pm). Our room, on the 5th Floor was spacious and very clean with everything we needed including a decent TV to watch the rugby whilst my wife got ready for our night in the Quince restaurant downstairs.

The hotel's May Fair bar is a very busy bar with a seperate VIP section for private parties that's suitable far away fromt he main bar not to be intrusive. The drinks are reasonably priced and well put together by experienced bar staff.

We had an 8.30 reservation in the Quince restaurant (see seperate review).

The hotel's staff are all very pleasant. There is no perceptable noise from other hotel guests and we had an excelent night's sleep. In the morning we had breakfast and the food and drink were plentiful with no expense being spared on the ingredients.

My only gripe is that the hotel's website encourages you to order the return of your car in plenty of time before your departure so, at 8.30am, I asked the concierge to bring our car to the door at 10am and we organised our departure around this. At 9.55am we checked out and waited for our car but it never came. On enquiry I was told that we didn't have a car (!). Further cajoling eventually resulted in our car being brought round, but it was a bit of a drama getting it back from them.

All in all a smart, stylish, solid hotel with wonderful staff, good drinks and big quiet rooms.

Room Tip: Probably a good idea to ask for the rooms on the higher floors as the bar is noisy at night.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Dear Keith,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I was sorry to hear of the confusion with your car and please accept my personal apologies for this.
We do hope to welcome both you and your wife back again soon.