“Fab hotel, location and staff!”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #223 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights from Tuesday to Friday. Used to stay at the hotel a lot for business and returned for leisure break this week. Best location to stay in London - everything is walking distance - parks, Buckingham Palace, shops in Bond Street, Oxford Street, Regent Street. Theatres in West End only 10 min walk away. Hadn't stayed at the hotel for 12 months but things were better than ever! Rooms are spacious, beds very comfortable, modern decor. Staff from the moment we arrived were very attentive. Janis looked after our check in, Anna and Phil looked after us well at breakfast and Atosh in the evenings for delicious cocktails in the restaurant / bar area. Great buzz about the hotel and even better than I remember. Already planning my next trip back to the May Fair! Wouldn't stay anywhere else when I come to London, great hotel with wonderful staff!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jammy8282
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Thank you for your review and for your wonderful compliments!
We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for those special mentions which I will be sure to pass on.
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We have stayed at the hotel on a few occassions now and I genuinely believe this to be the best hotel in London. Everything from the staff to the cleanliness is perfect. We had breakfast served in our room which is done in a fantastic manner and certainly worth the experience. The hotel has a fantastic location. If you get the chance the Mayfair Bar is a must for a drink.

Room Tip: Room 708 is a great room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie M
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear Jamie,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments were a pleasure to read and I do very much appreciate you taking the time to commend us.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

The May Fair is very trendy but the staff are really friendly.

The rooms are a good size and we generally try to get a smoking room so we have a courtyard or a balcony.

It isn't a cheap place to stay so we keep it for special occasions. However, it is well worth the money.

No biscuits in the rooms though for your cup of tea - my only complaint!

Room Tip: A smoking room gets you a courtyard or a balcony
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear David and Adrian,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your compliments were a pleasure to read.
We very much hope to welcome you back again soon and of course can place some biscuits in the room for you to have with your cup of tea!

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Great hotel. Great location - just a short walk to theatres and restaurants. The room was a good size and the bed was very comfortable. We had gone to London to celebrate my husband's birthday and were given a complementary room upgrade and a bottle of prosecco in the room. A very nice touch. We will definitely stay here again when we next visit London.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear Sue,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us in celebration of your husband's birthday.
We very much hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a good hotel. We have stayed twice. The room was a decent size, it was clean, there were nice toiletries, and a large TV. One negative point - we were a bit annoyed that the shoe mitt, shower caps and sewing kit had been used but not replaced.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Thank you for your review.
I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind compliments. I will certainly be following up on the feedback you have given me with my Executive Head Housekeeper and I am so sorry this was not replaced as of course it should have been.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

Hi..amazing rooms and service in this Hotel, helpful staff from the entrance up to our 6th floor room, quite a good view...Very organised room service.
And at the reception Agnes, was one of the most polite girls I've ever seen.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gordoncody
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Gordon,
Thank you for your review and I am just so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your compliments were also a pleasure to read about Agens and I will be sure to pass these on.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Have stopped several times in last 3 years. Very modern rooms, good down stairs bar. Not cheap but represents good value compared to some others in same category i.e the Hilton. Would recommend . Good insite faculties aswell plus good concierge especially the VIP Manager Janice. One call does it all!

Stayed: February 2014
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your review.
I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your special mention about Janis. I will be sure to pass on your compliments.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
With best wishes,