“Business Trip”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #228 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed in The May Fair for one night when working in London. This is a great hotel with a cool atmosphere and friendly staff. Clean, comfortable room and easy check in and out. Had the May Fair been a 4 star hotel, I would have given top marks, but it does lack a certain luxury. I think it could be down to the seemingly mean touches. For example, the Nescafe instant coffee sachets and the screwed down generic toiletries in dispensers; just generally a feel that something is missing. However it met my requirements and well done to the lovely people who work at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
I have certainly taken on board your feedback and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

There are newer reviews for The May Fair Hotel

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Generous applause to the staff at this Mayfair hotel. They were attentive, not intrusive and friendly. Well done to the management team for making this happen. Our 8th floor room was quiet and comfortable. Afternoon tea at the Quince exceeded expectations despite the ambience being a little disappointing. This was a midweek break for my wife and I that was made a pleasure by the hotel location and staff.

1  Thank Flexcrush2020

Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you were happy with the your stay and in particular the location of the Hotel and the team we have here.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

I Stayed in this hotel last Thursday for a special occasion with my wife for one night whilst travelling from Dublin to Paris via the Eurostar with an overnight in London.

I did a lot of research into hotels, restaurants, etc and was going to book a Park Plaza but at the last minutes opted for the May Fair Hotel just to be a little different having stayed in alot of different hotel in London over the last 10 years.

I am delighted I did as this proved to be a great hotel which is well run, modern and well deserved of its 5 stars.

Before I arrived I contacted the online concierge who made sure our arrival was very special and also reservations who kindly responded swiftly and professionally to some small requests.
On checking in, the room was done to perfection including them upgrading it without asking and presented a most delightful experience.

From previous review, any TA viewer will see that we usually try to stay in the best of accommodation and from my own experience usually attempt to secure the best of the rooms available which results in a lot of cases of checking in and then requesting to move room. On this occasion, I was fully delighted with the room and could not have got better. The layout of the room was superb in addition to all its ancillary features (too many to name), an excellent bed, proper working AC and a spacious luxurious bathroom.

The hotel offers a fantastic range of services but its location is second to none. Five minutes in a cab from Victoria (Gatwick) and 3 tube stops (5 Mins) to St. Pancras International Train Station (Eurostar) via Greenpark which is 100m at the end of the road. Despite being close to the Tube, one can walk anywhere in the city from Regent Street to Bond street to Soho, all of which are within 5-10 minutes away. There is also a delightful park at Green Park itself and also a very pleasant space to enjoy London from Berkley Sq which is around the other corner.
The hotel bar is also busy, something of which other Trip Advisor Reviews have detailed as unpleasant. There is nothing worse than coming back to a good hotel with 2 people in the Bar. This hotel was lively with a good mix of different people from couples to business people, from locals to tourists and young and old.

On return from our Michelin Restaurant (Wild Honey in Mayfair– also excellent), I do admit that I still felt peckish and given that I was on my holidays, ordered a late snack of the ‘House Burger & Fries’. This was most excellent and delivered on time for what was generally a very reasonable price of about £18 including a coke.

There are very few negatives other than it is a little bit dearer than most others but at the end of the day, you are staying just off Berkley Sq. which houses Rolls Royce, etc. so what would you expect. (in any case, there is a large M&S 10m from the front door).
All in all, it was a very good experience and would recommend staying here wither on business, a special occasion or just a break in a good hotel.

I wish therefore to thank all the staff including reservations for this experience and hopefully see them again soon (of which I will stay here in the near future on business).

Best regards
John (The Travelling Wilburys 3)

1  Thank Traveling-Wilburys3
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear John,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and your delightful compliments about the Hotel and our team here. This really is very much appreciated.
I am just so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and we do hope to welcome you both back very soon. Please do let me know if you do return as I would really like to meet with you and your wife.
Until then, I send my warmest wishes to you.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Cant begin to thank everyone for the impeccable service bestowed on us from the start to finish of our stay at this classically elegant hotel.
My family and I were exceptionally lucky to be upgraded to the The Azure suite on the 7th floor for our one night stay an experience we will never forget, style and comfort to the highest degree.
The location is second to none and within easy walking distance to shops, bars, restaurants and many attractions.
Will certainly be using this hotel for all future visits to London, thankyou so much once again for an amazing time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Ashley,
Wow! Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am just so pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and the upgrade to our Azure Suite.
We very much hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Great hotel in the best placement for a tourism weekend: 5-10 minutes walk from Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park, Piccadilly Circus and 2 minutes from Subway station.

Anniversary celebration, I was offered an upgraded room and complimentary wine bottle at arrival.

The room was spacious and very clean (much better than other similar quality hotels I have stayed in London)

The spa facility has to be paid apart (15 Pounds) and it is correct. Missing a small swimming pool to relax.

The gym has a lot of machines and facilities.

Will surely repeat

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay celebrating your Anniversary with us.
We were all so pleased to read such positive comments and we very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Excellent all round, staff very attentive, location right in the heart of Mayfair, buzzing atmosphere in the bar at night time and close to all the best restaurants in Central London. Me and My Wife love this hotel, have used in the past and of course will use it again in the future. Highly recommend it to anyone whom is looking to a special stay.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind review and I was delighted to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us.
Your wonderful compliments were a pleasure to read and we are so pleased to hear you will be returning in the future.
Until then, I send you my warmest wishes,

Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 05/04/14, customer service was second to none. From the door man to cleaner all were very friendly. Great bar downstairs and great breakfast.

We are planning to stay again in the summer and will definitely be coming back here to stay.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear Roberto,
Thank you so much for your kind review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.