“Excellent stay”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #226 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice hotel, good service provided.
Rooms are nice and big for being London, although you may want to ask for nice London views (some rooms do not have such).
Great help from Pau Arbona, at the fron desk, who helped us a lot in the room assigned to us, the logistics, etc. Great service provided. Thanks a lot for that!

Room Tip: Check the views.. some rooms might not have a nice London view.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for your compliments about Pau.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
Inderneel Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,848)

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed as a family of 4 at The May Fair whilst in London for our daughters birthday. We always choose The May Fair due to its location and proximity to Green Park tube station, when it is available. The 'family' rooms are always big enough for us with two small children, which is not always the case in London hotels. The service we experienced whilst we were there was of the highest standard and, having had the pleasure of dealing with Anthony Attenborough, we were extremely impressed by his willingness to do what he could to make our stay perfect. In addition, often its the little touches that make the difference - we were asked by a receptionist at check-in as to why were staying and explained that it was a birthday trip. We ate breakfast the following day at the hotel and without prompting or request, our daughter was given a birthday breakfast treat with a candle and birthday wishes by the serving staff. We would thoroughly recommend staying at The May Fair.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Gareth,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in celebration of your daughter's birthday! Your comments were truly a pleasure to read and I am just so pleased our team here exceeded your expectations.
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 21 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night, the cost you pay is reflected in the service and rooms, the whole experience was lovely and will stay here again!!!

The hotel is very busy but lots of staff to tend to your needs, it's clean and spacious rooms with nice touches!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Dear Juliet,
Thank you for your kind review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We have recently stayed in The Mayfair, for the second time in the last year. The staff are only too pleased to help, lovely rooms, great food and a brilliant atmosphere. Very conveniently situated in the heart of Mayfair, just around the corner from the underground, so no where is far. We have decided to go back again within the next year. Good for a shopping/site seeing trip.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Lynda,
Thank you for your kind review.
I was so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your compliments.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

I went with my sister, her boyfriend and my boyfriend for 1 night as a special treat. We stayed in the nero suite and it was amazing! Super comfortable bed and beautiful decor.

Also as my sister had mentioned it was my birthday, they put a little cake in my room on arrival - such a treat!

We then ate in the restaurant and again the welcome was lovely, I was sung to and well looked after all evening. The food was delicious, we had steaks, monkfish and venison - I can recommend them all!

We explored the cigar room which had a great atmosphere but settled on having cocktails in the bar downstairs. Again, delicious.

Breakfast had great choice and all the staff were very helpful. I also really liked how it was all presented.

We did a bit of site-seeing the next day and Pau sorted us out with holding our baggage. As we were so central it was really handy to get around London which was a massive bonus.

I honestly had a brilliant time, couldn't recommend it more!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Naomi,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear how much you all enjoyed your stay with us in celebration of your birthday!

Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel is located in a very nice, upmarket, central part of London with an underground station just a 2 minute walk away. The reception area is very nice and has a lively bar. All of the staff I encountered were friendly and helpful.

Our room was relatively small but clean and nicely decorated; the bathroom was clean and well appointed but as with so many hotels it featured a shower over bath which always makes for a second rate shower experience and water all over the floor no matter how careful you are. The bed was soft, lumpy and uncomfortable.

The main problem with this hotel is noise, the room was not well insulated from any direction: we could clearly hear a thumping base line of music being played in the bar two floors down, road noise from the street outside and were woken three times during the night between 03:00 and 06:15 as noisy drunk guests returned from their nights out. There was also light pollution, as the hotel thoughtfully fitted flood lights to the outside of the window ledge to make it look pretty for arriving guests but lit up our room like noon.

This hotel is ok,but not worth the premium price charged, I would not stay here again even at a third of the price.

Breakfast was ok, but not great.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Matt,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
I have taken note of the points you have made and I was sorry to hear that this disturbed the time you had in your room. I have asked my Deputy to follow up on these two points and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Thank you again and I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The location can't be beat. The service is great. It has a clubby feel to it. I've stayed here 3 times in the last year. Some of the rooms and bathrooms need to be updated soon. I also found it silly to charge hotel guests for using the spa sauna and steam bath.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.