“Perfection. Beyond 5*”

Ranked #213 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Perfection. Beyond 5*”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here on my wedding night and the hotel could not do enough to make it special. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly doorman who took my bags and showed me in. While checking in I was upgraded to a suite as it was a special occasion. I was taken up to my room and showed around, and my bags followed quickly behind. The room was amazing, spacious, clean and very comfy. The bathroom was HUGE. As it was my wedding day I got changed into my dress and made my way to reception where a lovely man named Jeremy informed me that he had arranged for a chauffeur driven Mercedes to take me to my wedding. An absolutely perfect surprise. The day went well and my new husband and I arrived back to the hotel where everyone I had seen previously that morning enquired about the day and wished us well. When we got back to our room there was a card and a bottle of champagne waiting for us. Small touches which really made our day that bit more special and memorable. We ordered room service which arrived quickly and was hot, cooked well and super delicious. Probably the best steak I have ever had. The bed was luxurious and we had a fantastic sleep. All in all, the best stay I have had, anywhere in the world. Thank you so much for making our day so wonderful. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and may I start by wishing you and your husband many congratulations on your recent Wedding!
I am just so pleased you both enjoyed your stay with us on such a special occasion and our team looked after you so well.
We very much hope to welcome you both back to The May Fair in the near future when perhaps I will have the opporutnity of saying hello to you both.
In meantime, I send my warmest wishes,
Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in a brilliant location. Bar is fantastic, pretty busy, but always a good atmosphere Not the cheapest you'll find but value for money, and real quality in terms of service and staff. Always worth a visit when looking for a place that's something special.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Alan,
Thank you for your review and we were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel is in a very convenient location for all the main London attractions, the room was clean and spacious and the hotel facilities were impossible to fault. However, it was the unobtrusive attention of the staff that really made the holiday for us. It was a special birthday for my wife, and the hotel sent up flowers, champagne,strawberries in chocolate and beautiful orchids. And they upgraded our room. Really impressive! Nothing was too much trouble, even though the hotel was very busy with Easter visitors.
The only down side was the racket in the corridor outside our room as noisy and inconsiderate clubbers returned to their room further along at any time from 3.30am to 5.15am ! We didn't complain to the hotel about this, however.
As an international business traveller I have stayed at Marriotts and Intercontinentals in various cities, but none can compete with the standard of service we experienced at The May Fair.
This is the first- and probably last- time I have posted a review on Tripadvisor. I just felt I should compliment the hotel in this forum.
We will be back.

1 Thank RCC3891
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for your kind review.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your wonderful compliments. I was so sorry to hear you were disturbed by other residents and please do accept my personal apologies for this.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The May Fair and in the meantime, I send my warmest wishes to you.
Uk
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We stay at this hotel every time we come to london from the Isle of Man.
The staff, rooms, food just everything is fabulous, I could live there.
The staff welcome you like you are family, the rooms are spotless. Anything you want you get,

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you so much for your kind review.
I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and were well looked after. Your compliments were a pleasure to read.
We very much hope to welcome you back on a future occasion and in the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, amazing location.
Huge room and very clean.
Lovely breakfast, with a wide choice of food an drinks.
Kind personnel, always available and ready to help.
Thanks very much to Antonio (reception) and to all the staff for making our Easter Holiday in London so pleasant.
Will definitely come again!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Drisella
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your Easter break with us.
Your comments were truly a pleasure to read and thank you also for your compliments about Antonio.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Nice hotel, good service provided.
Rooms are nice and big for being London, although you may want to ask for nice London views (some rooms do not have such).
Great help from Pau Arbona, at the fron desk, who helped us a lot in the room assigned to us, the logistics, etc. Great service provided. Thanks a lot for that!

Room Tip: Check the views.. some rooms might not have a nice London view.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for your compliments about Pau.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We stayed as a family of 4 at The May Fair whilst in London for our daughters birthday. We always choose The May Fair due to its location and proximity to Green Park tube station, when it is available. The 'family' rooms are always big enough for us with two small children, which is not always the case in London hotels. The service we experienced whilst we were there was of the highest standard and, having had the pleasure of dealing with Anthony Attenborough, we were extremely impressed by his willingness to do what he could to make our stay perfect. In addition, often its the little touches that make the difference - we were asked by a receptionist at check-in as to why were staying and explained that it was a birthday trip. We ate breakfast the following day at the hotel and without prompting or request, our daughter was given a birthday breakfast treat with a candle and birthday wishes by the serving staff. We would thoroughly recommend staying at The May Fair.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Gareth,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us in celebration of your daughter's birthday! Your comments were truly a pleasure to read and I am just so pleased our team here exceeded your expectations.
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.