“Great locaion”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #223 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 27 April 2014

perfect location for a short trip to London. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, park. Across the street there is a grocery store to buy any necessities. Small rooms, but nice and clean. Staff was nice and helpful. Thank you, Antonio.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
WIth my best wishes,
Inderneel Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,896)

Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at the May Fair Hotel last May as part of my good friend's Hen weekend. We stayed in the Schiaparelli Suite which was beautiful. The suite was very retro and was pink and gold- such beautiful decor. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodated us. We had a really great time.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about our Schiaparelli Suite. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your friend's Hen weeekend and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic celebrations. Six adults in total.
Service was brilliant, attentive but not over the top.
Sandwiches, cakes kept being top up constantly & fresh boxed up of what we all liked for taking home. Enjoyed the sweeties offered as we left as well.
Considering visiting here again for further celebration & recommended to many.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your Afternoon tea celebration. Thank you for your compliments and please be assured I will pass this onto the team.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here with my husband as a Friday night treat. We had a deluxe room which was very small. Although we checked in after 6pm, the minibar was almost empty & we had to request several times for it to be restocked. Bathroom was a fair size with bathtub & overhead shower. We dined at Quince, food was average but pricey. Our room rate did not include breakfast & we noticed that breakfast prices were quite excessive. We checked out & had breakfast at a nearby cafe! Overall, a tastefully decorated hotel, with a great bar but small rooms & very average service!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sim-brenda

Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I have taken on board your feedback and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am so sorry to hear that your mini bar was not fully stock and please do accept my personal apologies for this. I will most certainly follow up with the departments concerned.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed for one night meeting family in London again, cannot fault a thing. True 5 star service, location and staff. I highly recommend this hotel when staying in London for luxury!!! Brilliant check in with Craig at reception, very helpful and friendly! Many Thanks The May Fair, we will be back again, for the 4th time - keep up the good work.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you so much for your kind review and delighted to hear you enjoyed your return stay with us. Your compliments were truly a pleasure to read and I will of course compliment Craig for your comments about him.
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed here on my wedding night and the hotel could not do enough to make it special. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly doorman who took my bags and showed me in. While checking in I was upgraded to a suite as it was a special occasion. I was taken up to my room and showed around, and my bags followed quickly behind. The room was amazing, spacious, clean and very comfy. The bathroom was HUGE. As it was my wedding day I got changed into my dress and made my way to reception where a lovely man named Jeremy informed me that he had arranged for a chauffeur driven Mercedes to take me to my wedding. An absolutely perfect surprise. The day went well and my new husband and I arrived back to the hotel where everyone I had seen previously that morning enquired about the day and wished us well. When we got back to our room there was a card and a bottle of champagne waiting for us. Small touches which really made our day that bit more special and memorable. We ordered room service which arrived quickly and was hot, cooked well and super delicious. Probably the best steak I have ever had. The bed was luxurious and we had a fantastic sleep. All in all, the best stay I have had, anywhere in the world. Thank you so much for making our day so wonderful. I will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful review and may I start by wishing you and your husband many congratulations on your recent Wedding!
I am just so pleased you both enjoyed your stay with us on such a special occasion and our team looked after you so well.
We very much hope to welcome you both back to The May Fair in the near future when perhaps I will have the opporutnity of saying hello to you both.
In meantime, I send my warmest wishes,

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in a brilliant location. Bar is fantastic, pretty busy, but always a good atmosphere Not the cheapest you'll find but value for money, and real quality in terms of service and staff. Always worth a visit when looking for a place that's something special.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Alan,
Thank you for your review and we were delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.