“Nice hotel but very noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #211 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel but very noisy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed for 2 nights for business in a king room.

Positives:
Great location.
Beautiful lobby and bedrooms, modern and tastefully decorated.
Good size bedroom, with lots of mirrors and plugs in convenient places.
Reasonably priced and delicious room service.
Helpful and polite staff.

Negatives:
Bathroom is an average size but there is a poor use of space. The only shower is over a very narrow bath.
I have recently stayed at the nearby 5-star Corinthia Hotel (for the same price per night at a corporate rate) which offers a large bath plus an additional walk in rain shower.
The hotel is very noisy, with noise coming from the street (I stayed on the third floor), guests in the hallway, other bedrooms and a very loud fridge.
Mattress is very soft, which may appeal to some, but for me was a negative.

Overall a good stay and I would stay again as the hotel is part of the Club Carlson loyalty programme (same group as Radisson and Park Plaza).

However for a 5-star hotel I was slightly disappointed with the overall experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Lucy S
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Lucy,
Thank you for your informative review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed some aspects of your stay.
I have taken note of your feedback and would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this to my attention. I will most certainly follow up on your comments.
I am pleased to hear you will return to stay with us and perhaps I may have the opportunity of meeting with you during your next visit.
In the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.
Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Great location. Reception very welcoming staff polite and knowledgeable. Rooms modern, decorative and clean. Only downside was breakfast where staff were not attentive and failed to deliver a 5* service. Would stay again if there wasnt so many great hotels to choose from. Visited bar which was nice ambience and busy.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I was so sorry to read your feedback about breakfast and please be assured this is something I will follow up with my Restaurant Manger. In the meantime, please accept my personal apologies for your experience.
I do hope this will not deter you from returning to The May Fair and hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

perfect location for a short trip to London. Walking distance to shopping, restaurants, park. Across the street there is a grocery store to buy any necessities. Small rooms, but nice and clean. Staff was nice and helpful. Thank you, Antonio.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
WIth my best wishes,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed at the May Fair Hotel last May as part of my good friend's Hen weekend. We stayed in the Schiaparelli Suite which was beautiful. The suite was very retro and was pink and gold- such beautiful decor. The hotel staff were friendly and accommodated us. We had a really great time.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you for your review and for your kind comments about our Schiaparelli Suite. I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your friend's Hen weeekend and we do hope to welcome you back soon.
Essex, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Fantastic celebrations. Six adults in total.
Service was brilliant, attentive but not over the top.
Sandwiches, cakes kept being top up constantly & fresh boxed up of what we all liked for taking home. Enjoyed the sweeties offered as we left as well.
Considering visiting here again for further celebration & recommended to many.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your Afternoon tea celebration. Thank you for your compliments and please be assured I will pass this onto the team.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

Stayed here with my husband as a Friday night treat. We had a deluxe room which was very small. Although we checked in after 6pm, the minibar was almost empty & we had to request several times for it to be restocked. Bathroom was a fair size with bathtub & overhead shower. We dined at Quince, food was average but pricey. Our room rate did not include breakfast & we noticed that breakfast prices were quite excessive. We checked out & had breakfast at a nearby cafe! Overall, a tastefully decorated hotel, with a great bar but small rooms & very average service!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sim-brenda
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. I have taken on board your feedback and thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am so sorry to hear that your mini bar was not fully stock and please do accept my personal apologies for this. I will most certainly follow up with the departments concerned.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Bedfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed for one night meeting family in London again, cannot fault a thing. True 5 star service, location and staff. I highly recommend this hotel when staying in London for luxury!!! Brilliant check in with Craig at reception, very helpful and friendly! Many Thanks The May Fair, we will be back again, for the 4th time - keep up the good work.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for your kind review and delighted to hear you enjoyed your return stay with us. Your compliments were truly a pleasure to read and I will of course compliment Craig for your comments about him.
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.