The May Fair Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Fox Club(London)
  • Room Service
4,978 results
All reviewsmayfair hotelmayfair bargreen parkthe guest relations managerbond streetdeluxe roombuckingham palaceconcierge desklarge bathroomfamily roomthe ritzan upgradefantastic locationafternoon teawest endhyde parktube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 May 2014

A friend and I decided to stay in this hotel in a relax weekend. We knew it was a little expensive but anyway - sometimes you have to live you life. We came to the hotel and got so surprised about the staff... I have never seen so excellent service and well informed employees. Really, all the staff we met was interested in helping you and give you information. We even got a cheap upgrade to a suite. The May fair bar was SUPER - and that was the reason we did not had a "relax" weekend as planned ... We went out every night and had an amazing weekend. I cannot say ANYTHING bad about the staff in this hotel. A special attention to a concierge guy called David, He gave us excellent service every evening!! WE COME BACK.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Kasper,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments were truly a pleasure to read and thank you for your special mention about David.
We very much hope to welcome you back to The May Fair in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We visited the May Fair on Saturday 26th April as a special occasion and the experience was excellent - friendly, engaging staff, a perfect location and some very kind complimentary treats. The room was very comfortable and the bar was very lively in the evening. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Some rooms are above the reception/bar area and may be a little noisy in the evening but those would be limited in number and everything else about the hotel is outstanding.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Noel,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your special occasion with us.
It was a pleasure to look after you and we do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here last Saturday night as part of my Stag night and have to say it's just about perfect. We booked a suite plus two adjacent room to have somewhere to chill out and watch some sport. Surprisingly the larger of the two adjoining rooms had a much smaller TV. Room service is very efficient.

All the rooms were of a decent size and well equipped. However none of the music players were compatible with modern iPhones which I found strange in a hotel of this quality. Also when checking into a suite it's usual to be shown to the room and have the features explained. We were given keys and off we went, prodding light fitting, remotes and ac controls as we went.

One of the reasons for choosing the May Fair was its Cigar Bar. Yep it was closed the night we stayed. The main hotel bar is good and I see it has its own tripadvisor page so I'll review it separately. Worth a visit but ensure you're ready for the bill.

The beds are very comfortable and the room was nice and quite. Breakfast is very good with a nice, if standard, range of options. Very well made fresh scrambled eggs.

All the staff we came across were very efficient, helpful and friendly as well as being smartly dressed.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the inner courtyard are quieter. Also press the button next to the far lift for quicker service.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your Stag night with us and many congratulations on your forthcoming Wedding!
I was so sorry to hear that you were unable to make use of our Cigar Room as there was a private party being held on the Saturday evening. I can understand this must have been disappointing for you and I do hope you will have the opportunity to return to visit us and enjoy this popular area in the Hotel.
We do hope to welcome you back soon and in the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

All the staff were extremely helpful and made us feel very welcome, no request was a bother and are a credit to the hotel. The doorman was ever so helpful in helping me find the local car park and persevered with the instructions until I found it on the 6th attempt. Stayed in a deluxe room which was well equipped and the bed was really comfortable. I will definitely be staying here again. Keep up the great standards.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your compliments about the team here. Pleasure to read!
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

We booked this hotel for its proximity to a number of nice restaurants but its also very close to designer shops and Hyde Park. We had a short walk from the local tube station and were welcomed by some pleasant doorman. What struck me on entrance was this is a big hotel with a number of check in points on arrival. The restaurant to one side and a large bar to the other both were busy mid afternoon on Friday.
The lobby is very pleasant and there is cool flavoured water if you have a short wait. We were unable to check into our allocated room due to our early arrival and although they offered us another we opted to head for the bar. We sank into some very comfy lounge chairs and briefly watched some nice looking cocktails and snacks pass by before the inevitable happened and we succumed to temptation and enjoyed a very pleasant couple of hours sipping and snacking without moving during which we were advised our room was ready. The room was nice modern decor and spacious and we were impressed to be greeted by a lovely gesture of a bottly of bubbly for my birthday. Our bags had already been dropped in. The view was inwards towards rear of other rooms located across the roof so nothing much to look at but similar to other big city hotels. The benefit was it was quiet a couple of floors up which is no easy task when the hotel has an adjoining casino and i believe a lively bar late evening. We also had a look at the Smoking area whilst there it is sufficiently quirky that we considered having a cigar and we dont smoke. All in good service, good night sleep and we found nothing to complain of. Conclusion big hotel quality evident and good service.

Room Tip: Number of different floors and i assume some rooms face to streets and others like ours inwards, so if you want quiet high and inwards would probably work.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so pleased you enjoyed your drinks in the May Fair Bar and our Cigar Room and thank you for your compliments.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
WIth my best wishes,