“Excellent Location, Service and Hospitality”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #225 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have stayed at The Mayfair Hotel several times before. This time was the best, and everything was perfect! The hotel's ambience is very 'chick' and 'elegant'. The concierge team were so helpful and professional. They managed all our restaurant bookings so efficiently. One of the best things i enjoy in this hotel is Sleeping quality! I highly recommend this hotel for Both Business and pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Oliver,
Thank you for your kind review.
I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your special mention about Concierge.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Inderneel Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,860)

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Arrived today 3rd may Dropped car off for valet parking and checked in, all excellent until we arrived at the room, I booked champagne and strawberry's for our 20th wedding anniversary as a surprise. Absolutely disappointed as they were not in the room on arrival. Shower floor dirty, stained furniture. Not a good start to our anniversary celebrations.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review which I was extremely disappointed.
I was so sorry to hear the amenities were not in your room when you arrived and I do hope you will accept my personal apologies for this. I was also sorry to hear you were unhappy with certain elements of your room.
I do hope this was followed up by the team whilst you were in house and your Anniversary celebrations could be enjoyed.
If you would like to speak with me with any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
In the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had a short stay - lovely large room and bathroom but of especial note were the front desk staff who were so helpful and welcoming. The' people' difference does indeed make all the difference. Really made the trip.
Mary Welham

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hamwel

Dear Mary,
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay here at The May Fair.
Thank you also for your kind compliments about the team.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

A friend and I decided to stay in this hotel in a relax weekend. We knew it was a little expensive but anyway - sometimes you have to live you life. We came to the hotel and got so surprised about the staff... I have never seen so excellent service and well informed employees. Really, all the staff we met was interested in helping you and give you information. We even got a cheap upgrade to a suite. The May fair bar was SUPER - and that was the reason we did not had a "relax" weekend as planned ... We went out every night and had an amazing weekend. I cannot say ANYTHING bad about the staff in this hotel. A special attention to a concierge guy called David, He gave us excellent service every evening!! WE COME BACK.

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Kasper,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments were truly a pleasure to read and thank you for your special mention about David.
We very much hope to welcome you back to The May Fair in the near future.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

We visited the May Fair on Saturday 26th April as a special occasion and the experience was excellent - friendly, engaging staff, a perfect location and some very kind complimentary treats. The room was very comfortable and the bar was very lively in the evening. We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Some rooms are above the reception/bar area and may be a little noisy in the evening but those would...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Noel,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your special occasion with us.
It was a pleasure to look after you and we do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I stayed here last Saturday night as part of my Stag night and have to say it's just about perfect. We booked a suite plus two adjacent room to have somewhere to chill out and watch some sport. Surprisingly the larger of the two adjoining rooms had a much smaller TV. Room service is very efficient.

All the rooms were of a decent size and well equipped. However none of the music players were compatible with modern iPhones which I found strange in a hotel of this quality. Also when checking into a suite it's usual to be shown to the room and have the features explained. We were given keys and off we went, prodding light fitting, remotes and ac controls as we went.

One of the reasons for choosing the May Fair was its Cigar Bar. Yep it was closed the night we stayed. The main hotel bar is good and I see it has its own tripadvisor page so I'll review it separately. Worth a visit but ensure you're ready for the bill.

The beds are very comfortable and the room was nice and quite. Breakfast is very good with a nice, if standard, range of options. Very well made fresh scrambled eggs.

All the staff we came across were very efficient, helpful and friendly as well as being smartly dressed.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the inner courtyard are quieter. Also press the button next to the far lift for qu...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your Stag night with us and many congratulations on your forthcoming Wedding!
I was so sorry to hear that you were unable to make use of our Cigar Room as there was a private party being held on the Saturday evening. I can understand this must have been disappointing for you and I do hope you will have the opportunity to return to visit us and enjoy this popular area in the Hotel.
We do hope to welcome you back soon and in the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

All the staff were extremely helpful and made us feel very welcome, no request was a bother and are a credit to the hotel. The doorman was ever so helpful in helping me find the local car park and persevered with the instructions until I found it on the 6th attempt. Stayed in a deluxe room which was well equipped and the bed was really comfortable. I will definitely be staying here again. Keep up the great standards.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Chris,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you also for your compliments about the team here. Pleasure to read!
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.