“Absolutely amazing stay, unbelievable staff and perfect location!!!”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #221 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my wife for the second time recently. The thing that sets this place apart from other hotels is the staff. They all make sure they go out of their way to accommodate your needs.

Our room was absolutely gorgeous, good size and very clean. The selection at breakfast was immense, so much choice and quality to choose from.

The location is perfect, even though we took our car, we ended up walking everywhere. Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Oxford Street & Bond Street all within walking distance.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Babul A
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Babul,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us and thank you also for your kind compliments about the team.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.
With best wishes,
Inderneel Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,853)

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is the first time we have stayed at the May Fair Hotel, first impression was of chic, elegance and professional courteous service provided by the concierge. The entire stay was outstanding thanks to Janis Monty and her exceptional attention to detail! The room was stunning and has left us with a lasting impression... all in all It was a most memorable experience that we hope to repeat!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jancie66
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Jancie,
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you too for your kind review about Janis Monty.
We very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.
With our best wishes,

Reviewed 6 May 2014

I was looking for a hotel near Green Park for an overnight stay whilst in London on business. I found the May Fair hotel on Trip Advisor - it was very reasonably priced for the area (and in comparison to other local hotels).

I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived - it's just 3 minutes walk from Green Park tube. The reception is large and well organised, the check-in process swift and the concierge very helpful with excellent local knowledge.

The room was very spacious, clean and quite with free WiFi. I did not eat in the restaurant but had a full breakfast in my room the following morning. This was very well cooked and delivered on time.

Overall it was a really good stay - quiet, good service, great location and excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lee,
Thank you for your review and I was very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and your business needs were met.
Thank you for your kind comments and we do hope to welcome you back on a future visit to London.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

An absolutely wonderful hotel in central London. Spectacular standards with staff who are always willing to help. The bar down stairs is of high quality and perfect for starting your evening. The rooms are spotlessly clean and of a high standard, very modern too unlike some London hotels which is a unique quality of this hotel. It is in a perfect location if you want to go out in mayfair in the evening, and lots of well sought after clubs are in walking distance, as well as shopping in the day time. All in all a fabulous hotel of which I never doubt returning too.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Natallie,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Thank you also for your kind compliments which were a pleasure to read.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have stayed at The Mayfair Hotel several times before. This time was the best, and everything was perfect! The hotel's ambience is very 'chick' and 'elegant'. The concierge team were so helpful and professional. They managed all our restaurant bookings so efficiently. One of the best things i enjoy in this hotel is Sleeping quality! I highly recommend this hotel for Both Business and pleasure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Oliver,
Thank you for your kind review.
I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your special mention about Concierge.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Arrived today 3rd may Dropped car off for valet parking and checked in, all excellent until we arrived at the room, I booked champagne and strawberry's for our 20th wedding anniversary as a surprise. Absolutely disappointed as they were not in the room on arrival. Shower floor dirty, stained furniture. Not a good start to our anniversary celebrations.

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review which I was extremely disappointed.
I was so sorry to hear the amenities were not in your room when you arrived and I do hope you will accept my personal apologies for this. I was also sorry to hear you were unhappy with certain elements of your room.
I do hope this was followed up by the team whilst you were in house and your Anniversary celebrations could be enjoyed.
If you would like to speak with me with any further concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
In the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

We had a short stay - lovely large room and bathroom but of especial note were the front desk staff who were so helpful and welcoming. The' people' difference does indeed make all the difference. Really made the trip.
Mary Welham

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank hamwel

Dear Mary,
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your recent stay here at The May Fair.
Thank you also for your kind compliments about the team.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.