“Expensive, but location, location, location!”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #217 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Libbins78
“Expensive, but location, location, location!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The May Fair District is one of the nicest areas in London! Shopping, food, etc etc etc is all within walking distance. The food is amazing, drinks are creative (and pricey!), and service is impeccable. We stayed two nights and would recommend to anyone to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was a birthday present to my partner, one that didn't disappoint! Looked after by Pau - cannot fault the service we received from him. We upgraded to the Deluxe Room for that extra bit of comfort, I cannot fault the cleanliness and general condition of the room. The 'famous' Mayfair bar justified the reputation. Lively as you would expect on a Saturday night, great selection of drinks and table service all night.

Thank you to all the staff that were always very polite and ready to help. Highly recommend, will definitely be visiting again.

Room 506, Arrival 03/05/14

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank LaurenFitzgerald
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Lauren,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us on this special occasion.
Thank you also for your compliments about Pau and I will be sure to pass these onto him.
We hope to welcome you back soon.
Wirral
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Attended on a business trip so cannot comment on price but can comment on the quality of this hotel
Staff were all amazing and could not do enough for you
Made to feel very special indeed
Room was immaculate and was to a very high standard

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights. We arrived far early from check-in time but luckily front desk staff found available room quickly and let us in. It was very good move for us after having long flight.
Room was clean and spacious with good facilities. Bathroom was also spacious with bath-tub, walk-in shower and two sinks.
Location is great for everything - Green Park, Bond Street, Buckingham Palace, etc. are in walkable distance.
One drawback was Wifi connection... It was unstable and slow.
Overall, it was good luxury hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and we are pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
Thank you also for your feedback about the WiFi connection and I will certainly have this looked into.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Very nice hotel in a great central location for the west end, and very quiet at night. Room was stylishly equipped and very comfortable, a spacious for a west end hotel. Very helpful and courteous staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your kind revew.
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your positive comments.
We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed here with a frend for an extended weekend. Our choice was mainky driven by hotel's location and when we arrived we realized it was really the best choice. You can walk to most of the London "hot spots" from here, but if you're not willing to walk - Piccadilly subway line is just a few steps away. The stay was also great, mainly due to the very friendly and helpful staff, They really tried hard to ensure everything is working perfectly at every posible step. Breakfats offered variety of food and drinks and if someone wanted more or something else - the hotelf stuff was able to make these wishes come true. :) The room wasn't huge, but still ok, always clean and fresh, with a very big bathroom and all ammenities available.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Kasia,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review and I am just so pleased the Hotel has met with your expectations.
Your feedback is a pleasure to read and I do hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to The May Fair again soon.
new york
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Very nice hotel but not worth the price. The front desk does not provide you with any information about the hotel. We were not told that breakfast was included with our room. We complained to the manager and he just apologized. Meanwhile we spent like 50 pounds on breakfast during our stay. I felt the manager could have offered us at least a drink in the bar.

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review and I am pleased to hear you like the Hotel.
I was, however, so sorry to hear that you were not informed that breakfast was included in your room rate when you arrived at the Hotel. I would like to offer you my personal apologies for this and assure you I have since spoken with our Front of House Manager. I am pleased to hear he has made contact with you to discuss this and you are now more than happy.
I do hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay and please do let me know if I can do anything further for you.