“Great location”

Ranked #210 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Israel
“Great location”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My stay at May Fair was comfortable. The hotel is well maintained. The location is outstanding.
My room was clean and comfortable, well-appointed with all required amenities available. The bathroom was very spacious. The buffet breakfast is good.
Overall a very good stay, but personally I prefer boutique hotels.
Not sure it is worth the price, (although adequate for the location)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (550)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very nice hotel, attentive staff, dedicated, patient.
Reactivity good deal with a problem of air conditioning, quick change room and offers very nice compensation.
Fiorella was perfect and really listening.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your compliments were truly a pleasure to read.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.
New Jersey
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed here twice for business in the last 12 months and have found it to be much improved. My latest stay was very comfortable. It's a great location and a very well maintained hotel. The rooms are very clean and well appointed.

The staff is the most noticeable improvement. They are attentive and helpful unlike a few years ago when they couldn't be bothered to assist in any way. There is a very large staff working the lobby.

The buffet breakfast is very nice. Pricey but not for the area.

When I was checking out all of the people working the desk were busy with other clients. A manager noticed I was waiting, came over and quickly checked me out. He then asked if I needed transportation to the airport. I said I would get a cab and he offered to arrange transportation. He walked me to the concierge who arranged a car which arrived in minutes. The cost was similar to that of a taxi and so much more comfortable. I had never received this type of service at the Mayfair in the past. It is a welcome change. I will return.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I was absolutely delighted to hear how happy you were with your recent stay and thank you for your kind compliments. I was so pleased we were able to make you comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Nice bar where we had cocktails and lunch on arrival. Room was beautifully furnished in a modern style. There was a bottle of bubbly left out for us which was very sweet (special occasion). Super location. Recommended for a romantic. / city break. Cigar lounge was quirky; have a drink there even if you don't smoke...

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for your review.
I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent visit and we do hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.
London
Reviewed 12 May 2014

In writing this a loyal guest of 10 years to the Mayfair hotel.

During this time I have seen many a staff come and go, most are extremely pleasant and more then willing to help, my stay is always comfortable hence why I've returned so many times.
However !!!!!!
This weekend I booked in as per usual and on check in was greeted as usual with all the respect as if I was a VIP, then I went to my room were I had a bottle of much needed complimentary champers on ice and then I settled down to sleep.... Throughout the night a door was being slammed but all it took the next day was a quiet word with the lovely and amazing danelie the guest relations manager whom at once moved me to a suite,the sweet was as usual clean, beautiful and and luxurious and that's were I was for two nights.
The next day on calling room service I was to that under no circumstance was they to let me have food as my card was declined????
Being a loyal and regular customer I was shocked by the way the receptionist dealt with it and instead of calling me she put the block on my account? After a call to my bank I was told it was because too many transactions were going through at once from the hotel.
After speaking to paul mace regading this it was all sorted and between him and Janice another lovely manager I was happy to stay another night despite feeling like I was a criminal.
On being moved to another room I was called by my bank and told more transactions were being taken so I went to reception and after losing my temper and nearly ending up in tears I was eventually given the chance to speak to the GMwho straight away was sharp on the ball and very attentive and extremely helpful.
My point is that after staying here for ten years and never having a problem it was disappointing that I had to go through that but I will and prob always will remain a loyal guest the hotel and it's staff give or take a few :) all hotels have a bad day but maybe if you tried again it may be put right.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Ryleymiasofiacruz
Thank you for your review.
I was delighted to hear how much you have enjoyed your stays with us. I was, however, so sorry to hear that you experienced such a problem during this visit and please do accept my personal apologies for this. I will certainly follow up with the Front of House Manager.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Libbins78
Reviewed 12 May 2014

The May Fair District is one of the nicest areas in London! Shopping, food, etc etc etc is all within walking distance. The food is amazing, drinks are creative (and pricey!), and service is impeccable. We stayed two nights and would recommend to anyone to stay!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Inderneel
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

This was a birthday present to my partner, one that didn't disappoint! Looked after by Pau - cannot fault the service we received from him. We upgraded to the Deluxe Room for that extra bit of comfort, I cannot fault the cleanliness and general condition of the room. The 'famous' Mayfair bar justified the reputation. Lively as you would expect on a Saturday night, great selection of drinks and table service all night.

Thank you to all the staff that were always very polite and ready to help. Highly recommend, will definitely be visiting again.

Room 506, Arrival 03/05/14

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank LaurenFitzgerald
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Lauren,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us on this special occasion.
Thank you also for your compliments about Pau and I will be sure to pass these onto him.
We hope to welcome you back soon.