“Fabulous Central London Hotel”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #225 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We recently stayed at the May Fair to celebrate a milestone birthday. From the moment we arrived hotel staff was gracious, helpful and accommodating. The front desk staff allowed us to check in from our long flight early and followed up with a phone call to make sure everything was in order. The concierge helped us choose a sightseeing tour and offered suggestions that were spot on. The hotel bar has amazing martinis and mojitos – the Hendricks and Cucumber Mojito was perfect after a long day walking the city. The location can’t be beat! A small grocery store and a Starbucks are within a block, and the shopping and dining of Bond Street are a few blocks away. We booked another hotel in a different part of the city to experience a different neighborhood and ended up cancelling to finish our stay at the May Fair! When our desired room wasn’t available, the front desk graciously upgraded us to a suite for our last night in London. The May Fair goes out of their way to ensure a fabulous stay. It has quickly become our first choice when staying in central London.

Room Tip: Book directly with the hotel and ask for a higher floor to ensure a quiet stay.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your review and I was absolutely delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us in celebration of a birthday!
Your compliments were a real pleasure to read and thank you so much for taking the time to write this.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.
In the meantime, I send my warmest wishes to you.
Inderneel Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,860)

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I've stayed at this hotel before and remember the room being quite small ,so i made sure i called up about a week before to request a larger room.The room was ok,I've stayed at better in London.It was clean and the bathroom was nice, but unfortunately our supposedly courtyard view was one of the hotels extractors! But i think because of the central,convenient location of The May Fair, views are not going to be priority here.
Breakfast was good,but be aware,as we weren't told, that there is a charge for continental buffet and if you want a cooked breakfast that's extra again!

Room Tip: Some rooms are quite small in size so request a larger room without a view of the extractors!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
With regards to the breakfast and just to clarify for you; if breakfast is included in your room rate, there is no additional charge for either Continental or our A la Carte menu.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We stayed at the Mayfair as a belated valentines treat... the hotel was lovely, room was nice, clean & comfortable and the location was perfect! I expected more from the room for the price we paid but I guess you pay for the "name" and the location? Bathroom was really nice, although we were told we would have a bath (we didn't) the double shower was great though! The staff were very friendly & nice. We spent a night in the bar and had a fantastic night - drinks were expensive but we expected that.
Only moan I have really is that we ordered breakfast to our room & when it turned up they were both minus the sausage... I called down to room service to complain but nothing was done & no apology given as they said "they'd look into it"?! The breakfast was expensive enough for what it was, the least you could expect is for it all to be there (especially because if we had of ordered an extra sausage it would've cost an extra £3 yet we were offered no compensation or anything) I know it's only a sausage lol but I expected a decent breakfast for £15+.
Would definitely recommend this hotel if you've got the money for the location alone although I think we'll probably stay at the Holiday Inn a few metres away next time - more on our budget level ;)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us in celebration of your belated Valentines!
Thank you for your addiditional feedback which I will certainly take on board and please also accept my apologies for the manner in which your experience with Room Service was dealt with. I will certainly follow up with my Room Service Manager.
We do hope to welcome you back on a future occasion.

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Lovely hotel with well sized room and good location. Ordered room service which was outstanding and arrived really quickly. Bell boys were so cheerful and helpful! Unfortunately couldn't say the same about the receptionist who checked me in. She was miserable and verged on being rude. Woken up just after 8am on a Saturday morning with someone hammering. We had to ring reception to complain and it took another 20 minutes for it to stop. Final insult was when we leaving. One of the staff was power washing the pavement next to our car. He didn't stop when I got into the car so I got wet and my car was covered in mud! Need to get their customer service right.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in 16 as work is being done on the ground floor and the noise travels upwards!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kazzycoombe
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you liked the Hotel and your praise for our Room Service and Concierge team was appreciated.
I was so sorry to hear about the service you received from Reception and please be assured I will ensure I follow this up with my Front of House Manager. I was also extremely sorry to hear about your experience when you left the Hotel and please do accept my personal apologies for this.
I do hope this will not deter you from returning to The May Fair as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back and perhaps I would also have the opportunity of meeting with you personally.
Unti then, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

My stay at May Fair was comfortable. The hotel is well maintained. The location is outstanding.
My room was clean and comfortable, well-appointed with all required amenities available. The bathroom was very spacious. The buffet breakfast is good.
Overall a very good stay, but personally I prefer boutique hotels.
Not sure it is worth the price, (although adequate for the location)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

Very nice hotel, attentive staff, dedicated, patient.
Reactivity good deal with a problem of air conditioning, quick change room and offers very nice compensation.
Fiorella was perfect and really listening.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your compliments were truly a pleasure to read.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have stayed here twice for business in the last 12 months and have found it to be much improved. My latest stay was very comfortable. It's a great location and a very well maintained hotel. The rooms are very clean and well appointed.

The staff is the most noticeable improvement. They are attentive and helpful unlike a few years ago when they couldn't be bothered to assist in any way. There is a very large staff working the lobby.

The buffet breakfast is very nice. Pricey but not for the area.

When I was checking out all of the people working the desk were busy with other clients. A manager noticed I was waiting, came over and quickly checked me out. He then asked if I needed transportation to the airport. I said I would get a cab and he offered to arrange transportation. He walked me to the concierge who arranged a car which arrived in minutes. The cost was similar to that of a taxi and so much more comfortable. I had never received this type of service at the Mayfair in the past. It is a welcome change. I will return.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Thank you for your review.
I was absolutely delighted to hear how happy you were with your recent stay and thank you for your kind compliments. I was so pleased we were able to make you comfortable.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.