“I wanted to send a gracious thank you for my stay.”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #214 of 1,063 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“I wanted to send a gracious thank you for my stay.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

just wanted to say that my stay at The May Fair was lovely. Even with a critical eye there was nothing to fault. The room was beautiful (705) – thank you. Wow – the bed is so comfortable with the mattress topper on. Housekeeping – spotless!
Thanks for looking after us . You made us feel like real VIP's.The staff was wonderful, helpful and kind at reception.
We had room service this morning and the food and service were both excellent.The breakfast’s were delicious and enormous.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Zana,
Thank you so much for your kind review and delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments were a pleasure to read and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
With my warmest wishes,
Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (527)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Utah, United States
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We stayed at the May Fair for 2 nights. Excellent, attentive service. The hotel is in a nice location, within walking distance of many West End sites. Tube stop less than one block from hotel goes directly to LHR airport. Quiet room. Cannot comment on food, but lots of energy around the lobby & bar area.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Brian,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your kind compliments and we do hope to welcome you back very soon.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We chose the location to be within walking distance of our early business appointment the following morning, but this hotel is really well located for leisure too. Just a stroll from Piccadilly, Park Lane and Oxford Street, you are in walking distance of most of the West End.

Having arrived into London off an overnight flight from the USA we were pleased that our rooms were available from 12 noon as requested. Sophie, the guest relations manager, did an excellent job in arranging our two interconnecting rooms in a quiet part of the 5th floor. They were both spacious, comfortable, well equipped and with awesome bathrooms. My one and only gripe was that the fridge was so full of auto-vend drinks that no room remains for any of the guests own supplies. A small point which could be easily rectified.

We didn't eat at the hotel, having booked dinner near the theatre, but both the restaurant and bar looked very inviting.

We set off for our meeting the following morning and left everything in the hands of the concierge. They arranged to store our luggage until we returned to collect it mid afternoon and it was all waiting when we returned to collect it by car at 3pm. Our luggage was loaded within a minute or so of our arrival and we were on our way.

It was a short but very pleasant stay and we received some excellent, friendly service.

We would definitely return when our travel plans include another visit to London.

Room Tip: Go for an outward, street facing room if possible away from the elevators. We had 524 and 526 and h...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind compliments.
I have taken note of your additional feedback and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.
Burton on Trent
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed at this Hotel for just one night. Service good . Food very good. Room although spacious was too hot and A/C did not cool it down which spoiled sleep. Room not well thought out . Had to plug in kettle on the other side of the room on the carpet!!! Also no dressing table in the room. Pretty poor for a Hotel supposedly of this calibre. Not five star.. When I mentioned these matters to member of staff on checkout I was told I should have booked a higher grade room. Not the answer I would expect from a member of staff in my business.will not be staying at this Hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Frank,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
I have taken note of your additional feedback and thank you for bringing this to my attention. The answer you received from one of our Receptionist's is completely unacceptable and please do accept my personal apologies for this.
We do hope this will not deter you from returning to The May Fair on a future occasion.
Newbury, New Hampshire
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights. The location is great. The staff are exceptionally attentive and thoughtful. Our suite was comfortable and spacious. I was thrilled that the "free" internet worked quickly and flawlessly. The Bose system in the room allowed us to listen to our own music. Two things about room 207: if there is a party/reception downstairs with music, you will be able to determine the names of the songs being played, but probably won't be able to sleep. When we complained at 10:45 PM, we were given a quieter room to sleep in, which was great service. Also, it is impossible to take a shower without creating a flood on the bathroom floor. Be sure to have an extra towel handy to put down as the floor is quite slippery when it is wet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Laura,
Thank you for your kind review.
I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I had my first contact with this hotel via an e-mail prior to arriving asking if there was anything they could do or arrange for our stay of 5 nights in order to make it more comfortable. I liked that and actually did use the concierge service before my arrival. The hotel is lovely, luxurious and seems well run. Our room was upgraded to a junior suite as ours was not ready when I arrived very early after 26 hours flying! It was really large, very nicely decorated and really superbly appointed with a walk in wardrobe, huge bathroom with lovely smellies and lots of fluffy towels, slippers and so on. It was very quiet on the back of the building and we heard no noise from either neighbouring rooms or the corridor. Room service dinner was lovely and even hot, breakfasts were a comprehensive spread with eggs cooked to order and a mix of help yourself and table service and the lovely Ana presiding over it all with a smile. I was also really appreciative of the service offered by all the staff at the concierge desk who were unendingly helpful, pleasant and knowledgeable sending us to great restaurants and helping with anything and everything. I know it is there job but really, they were so great and happy to help. It is certainly fairly pricey (especially converting Aussie dollars) but really, given the quality and location to EVERYTHING it was worth it without question to us. We are definitely returning to the May Fair Hotel.

Room Tip: Do check the price of a glass of wine in the bar! Other half nearly fainted at the 70 odd pounds fo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Catherine,
Thank you so much for your kind review and I was so pleased you and your husband enjoyed your stay with us here at The May Fair in London.
It was a pleasure to look after you and thank you for your kind compliments about the Concierge team.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend break in London. The lobby area is very modern and smells beautiful. The check in process was swift and friendly.

Our room was on the 4th floor. The room was clean and a good size for London however, compared to other 5* London hotels that I have stayed in this did not compare. In fact, I have stayed at the 4* Grafton hotel on Tottenham Court road (also a Radisson) and the room was almost identical. For the price, location and facilities, I'd choose the Grafton next time.

The location is central to all attractions and Green Park tube is on the door step. There are also some great places to eat close by such as Gauchos and Nobu.

There was a turn down service but no chocolates on my pillow as I would expect in a 5* hotel. Only small but something I always look forward too.

Room service was good and also a fair price. There is also a special offer on room service (£18 for a meal and glass for wine) if ordered before 8pm. Great value for a London hotel.

Overall a nice weekend but this hotel did not live up the the hype for us.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
I have taken on board your constructive feedback and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I will certainly follow up on this.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.