“Spa started terrible, and finished perfect.”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #227 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Booked a four hour spa session back in December 2012. Arrived to find they had no record, yet had paid and received confirmation e-mails. The spa team could not accommodate us due to it being just before Christmas, the majority of staff had already been allocated.

We got tricked into thinking we were receiving one and a half hours complimentary treatment along with a glass of champagne as compensation for their errors, only to be told at the end of the session, we would have to come back and continue the rest at a later date in the new year.

Several e-mails exchanged over the weeks, and the spa manager at the time would not change from her initial offer, nor give a refund. An attempt to take matters higher within the company, only had our complaint referred back down to the spa manager again.

Several months passed and in September 2013, I tried one final time. I was overwhelmed at the response I got back from the newly appointed spa manager, who could not of been any more apologetic, understanding and helpful. The whole four hour treatment was re-booked in full for December 2013 and the experience was absolutely blissful.

Despite the errors initially, this is one of the best London Hotel spa's to go to. I would happily return here again and recommend to friends, whilst reminding them to perhaps double check a couple of days before that the booking is still in place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for The May Fair Hotel

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at the May Fair Jan 2013 which was our honeymoon. I was recovering from a serious illness so I couldn't travel abroad. We had the Nero suite which was beautiful but I disliked the lack of view, windows with opaque pains to presumably hide the rear view of ugly back areas and walls. My husband booked the room and so I was reluctant to change the room but I would have preferred a view of at least the street on this special occasion! Looking online to book another trip to London for my birthday this year I noticed the May Fair only has only a few photo's of the different rooms so I am reluctant to book. I definitely believe when you are spending £700 plus a night on a room you should be able to select a particular room otherwise it is very hit and miss. Everything else was perfect apart from dirty towels being left on a chair one evening...the cleaning maid obviously forgot to change them. The service and the breakfast was particularly of a high standard and I loved the boutique bar.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review and may I congratulate you on your recent Marriage!
I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us and thank you for your compliments about the service you received and your breakfast in our May Fair Kitchen.
Thank you also for your feedback about the Suite you occupied and this is something I will take on board.
We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming back on a future occasion and in the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

My stay at the Radisson Edwardian Mayfair, when me and my family arrived to the hotel, the staff were on the ball. gave 100% Yes I can Service (Emma Andrean& team)
Excellant cheak in.
The room was fantastic, Mustapha & all the restaurant staff were excellant.100%
Chief marie the breakfat staff, was excellant really amazed my family with a wonderful surprise breakfast wow Marie 10/10 still gave yes I cam 100%
Cheak out excellant.
All in all the best weekend me & my family could ever ask for.Also the guest service manager she was fantasic very professional and always smiles.
Thank you wonderful Radisson Edwardian family for your hospitality.
I shall look forward in booking my stay with you again & again.
Also I forget to mention the wonderful Concierge team always helpful and wow my family
Great service
Kind regards

Michael Athanasiou

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the May Fair Hotel on Sunday 25th May 14, the reception staff were excellent and provided a lovely room, the breakfast room staff were very attentive particulary Pauline who was in charge of our table.
I would reccomend the May Fair if anybody wants to experience a very nice and classy hotel.

Regards

Gordon Downie

Room Tip: We had room No. 242 overlooking Berkley St very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Gordon,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for your special mention about the team here.
We hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed at the Mayfair hotel on 27th May 2014 as it was my husband's birthday and it was the first time we've ever stayed there.

I can honestly say that we had a great time.

As we entered the hotel we received a warm welcoming from The Guest Relations Manager Fatima, she was very charming and friendly.

The Platinum suite was huge, beautiful and nice decor.

The Breakfast in the morning was superb, excellent selection of food choice, restaurant staff were excellent and friendly.

Whilst I'm not good with names I believe one of the staff members was called Pauline she was very middle aged English lady, she was very courteous and friendly.

My husband wanted to comment on the friendly black lady who was a cook, she fried him up a non yolk cholesterol free egg, she gave him ample health advice.

The hotel itself is splendid and ideally centrally located.

The real experience was with the staff, everyone we met from Fatima to the restaurant staff and the concierges were extremely friendly and eager to help.

We received plenty of good advice and suggestions on where to go and plans for the evening and despite the weather we had a perfect time.

Based on our experience I am considering another visit Mayfair hotel just so that we can repeat the experience.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank everyone so much for making our short stay perfect!

Room Tip: The platinum suite
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jal436

Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments were a pleasure to read and thank you for the staff you made special mention to.
We do hope to welcome you back again very soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

The location of the May Fair is absolutely fantastic and this is probably the strongest feature of this property, along with the rooms if you get the suite. My stay was very comfortable. In my room, the bed was very comfortable and the room itself was spacious so was the bathroom. The lobby is opulent and grand yet it lacks charm. And this is where I would like to recommend a few improvements because this hotel has it all to become a prime spot among the big ones in the city:
- Friendlier service and a little more personalized- even some effort to call clients by their last name at check-in and check-out would help (it is a huge machine!) and it is hit or miss.
- Better wifi: not reliable in the room, it kept cutting and disappearing.
- Very confie rooms amenities but wifi not always reliable weak signal or disappears.
- Clients should NOT be paying for adapters in the rooms when they are paying such a hefty nightly rate...

To end on a (very) positive note: breakfast is good and even better was Philemona (hope the spelling is right). She was my breakfast server and she is just fantastic! I really hope the management reads this: Philemona is why my rating is 4 and not 3 stars. She genuinely talked to clients and this is the one big thing missing from the May Fair.

Room Tip: Aim for the higher floors to avoid any noise from the street if you are on the street side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
Thank you also for your constructive feedback which I will most certainly take on board and discuss with my Heads of Department.
We very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

just wanted to say that my stay at The May Fair was lovely. Even with a critical eye there was nothing to fault. The room was beautiful (705) – thank you. Wow – the bed is so comfortable with the mattress topper on. Housekeeping – spotless!
Thanks for looking after us . You made us feel like real VIP's.The staff was wonderful, helpful and kind at reception.
We had room service this morning and the food and service were both excellent.The breakfast’s were delicious and enormous.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Zana,
Thank you so much for your kind review and delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Your compliments were a pleasure to read and we very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
With my warmest wishes,