“top business hotel”

Ranked #211 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Valley Forge, PA
“top business hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

The May Fair London has a prime location and efficient staff. It's near many investment managers and top art dealers. Shopping is also plentiful. The hotel is large and busy with a noisy lounge. The rooms are well fitted with the expected amenities but unremarkable.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear the Hotel met your expecations for your recent business trip.
We do very much hope to welcome you back soon.
Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (522)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Me and My Girlfriend stayed at The May Fair Hotel on Stratton Street on Sunday 15th June. We arrived and were pleasantly greeted at the door by Concierge who asked us if we needed any help with our luggage. We went to the Front Desk to Check-In it was 1pm and was greeted by Agata on the Desk. She gave us a very warm welcome and had no issue in Checking us in early. Check in was smooth and friendly and we were given all the information regarding the hotel. We went to our room which was a deluxe room on the 6th floor. The room was spacious and open. King size bed and all the nice amenities. The Bathroom was huge. Our room was fantastic. Room was in a quiet location and was of a very comfortable temperature. We had a great night sleep. Breakfast the following morning was lovely, again we were greeted by some very friendly staff and they asked how we were and showed us to our table. Great selection of hot and cold food and fresh fruit juices. Check out was friendly and professional. We have loved our first visit to the May Fair and we will most definitely be returning next year. Thank you to all the staff it was a fantastic Birthday night away.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dan B
Dear Dan,
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your birthday weekend with us.
Thank you for your kind compliments and we do very much hope to welcome you back very soon.
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Booked a room for Valentine’s Day for my girlfriend and me. Unfortunately, a room upgrade was not available with my Club Carlson Gold Card and also late check-out was denied. I therefore cancelled the Afternoon Tea I had booked for the next day. Generally I found the service a little bit sloppy and rushed. Apart from that, the hotel is relatively decent as you would expect from a 5 star house. However, the bathroom is very small.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Matt84London
Dear Matt,
Thank you for your review and for your constructive feedback which I will certainly take on board. I was sorry to hear your experience did not meet with your expectations and please do accept my personal apologies for this.
We do hope this will not deter you from returning to The May Fair again as it would be a pleasure to welcome you back.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My family decided to celebrate my birthday by having afternoon tea at the recently refurbished May Fair Kitchen. It has a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere and is a very comfortable place to sit and enjoy exquisite sandwiches, scones and pastries. The hot chocolate was also a big hit with my three boys! Steven Humpherson (Deputy General Manager) and his staff made us feel very special and gave us delightful service. Ben.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Ben,

Thank you for taking the time to post your great feedback on Tripadvisor. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your experience at our recently launched May Fair Kitchen. We have been receiving some great comments since the launch and are really pleased with the new concept. I will ensure that Steven and the team are aware of your review.
Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here for nine days on our honeymoon in 2011. The staff members were extremely nice and our room was gorgeous and clean. The front desk staff even recommended a great local pub so that we could have a quintessentially British meal. Their recommendation was spot on. We had strawberries and champagne that were delivered to our room and that was such a nice touch too. This hotel was a short walk to the Green Park Tube station and it was convenient to a lot of local attractions so we were able to walk to a lot of popular locations. If ever in London again, we will stay here again. Lovely experience.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Ashley,

Thank you so much for your lovely review and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Honeymoon with us. I am delighted you enjoyed the Champagne and strawberries too, I hope that it was a pleasant start to your stay.
Thanks again and we very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stayed here for one night, having booked via the pre-paid rate on the May Fair's website, which was significantly cheaper than the corporate rate via my company and the rate on all the main booking sites.
When we checked in, we were upgraded to a beautiful room with a separate sofa and living area, in addition to a huge bathroom. The bed was very comfy and we weren't disturbed by noise.

We visited the bar late in the evening, and the doormen were pleasantly polite (not particularly common for London hotel bars!)
The bar clientele were pretty touristy and tacky, so I would find somewhere else to drink, but the rest of the hotel is really nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay at The May Fair Hotel which I have very much enjoyed reading. I am very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us and in particular the room upgrade. Why not try the cigar bar or May Fair Kitchen on a return visit? A very different concept to the May Fair bar.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

I chose the hotel as it was close to where we needed to be (Buckingham palace). The service on check in had certainly improved since last year when we stayed. The twin room was fine and reasonably quiet, as in, the outside noise was minimal, but the noise from the other guests was not. I stay in hotels on a weekly basis and its amazing how much disrespect guests have for one another. The bathroom was fine, except for a few scuffs on the marble which looked like toothpaste marks on first look. The valet service could have come with a smile!!! Concierge were friendly as were the doormen. The location for the hotel is great with easy access to the tube and plenty of shops and restaurants. Can't comment on hotel food as we chose to eat elsewhere even for breakfast. No complaints on this occasion.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your kind review in regards to your recent stay at The May Fair Hotel. I was very pleased to read that our hard work in providing the best possible customer service was noticed and do very much hope we can welcome you back again soon. I am sorry to hear about the noise caused by a neighbouring guest; please inform my Front of House Manager, Botho Stein, when you are next returning and he will ensure a quiet room is allocated for you.
Wish my best wishes,