“Cool Hotel, Great Staff!”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #216 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Canterbury Kent
“Cool Hotel, Great Staff!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were looking for a hotel near to Nobu Berkeley Street, so checked out everything in the area and chose The May Fair as it looked nice and not stuffy. From the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were treated royally. So many great little details, the coolest spacious room, truly great staff, and only 20 yards from Nobu! :-D We will definitely be staying again! :-)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KentCroc
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for your review and delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked the location of the Hotel.
We do very much hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Until then, I send my best wishes to you.
Inderneel Singh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (551)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 22 June 2014

This hotel is amazingly well located for any kind of stay in London.
Inside, you can get all amenities, but the decoration is quite tacky..
The restaurant for breakfast is terrible (downstairs, no daylight, looks like a cheap ball room)
Rooms are convenient if you like red velvet...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Antoine,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed the location of the Hotel.
I was sorry to hear the decoration in the Hotel was not to your taste and you were unhappy with the breakfast room. The room you had breakfast in was one of our function rooms which was being temporarily used whilst our new May Fair Kitchen was being refurbished.
I do hope you will return to stay with us so you can enjoy breakfast in our new Restaurant as I am most confident this will be more to your taste.
In the meantime, thank you for your valuable feedback.
With best wishes,
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stayed at the May Fair for two nights whilst going to see Jersey Boys at the West End. The hotel is convenient for the Piccadilly Circus / Leicester Square area of London. It took us about 10 minutes to walk to the theatre so was close enough but also far enough away that we did not feel like we were in Central London. The bedroom and bathroom were both very spacious for central London. We had a massage at the spa which was perfect, unfortunately there is not a swimming pool or Jacuzzi in the spa however the sauna and relaxation room made up for this. Breakfast was included in the price of our room and was OK. The only criticism that I have relates to the main restaurant which we dined in on the 2nd night. The food was OK, but felt very overpriced for what we got, I feel that I have eaten at much nicer restaurants for a lot less. We had afternoon tea in the smaller restaurant / bar area and this was fantastic. We had a fabulous weekend at the May Fair, the hotel is very pricey but overall worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Becca,
Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your weekend stay with us.
I was sorry to hear the May Fair Kitchen did not live up to your expectations and I will certainly pass on your feedback to the team. I was pleased, however, that you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea in the May Fair Bar. It was pleasure to read your compliments.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon and in the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was our second stay at The May Fair, and was just as good as the last! Great sized rooms, especially for London, and very well proportioned and stocked bathrooms. Staff are very attentive and helpful, and make the stay overall a great pleasure!

A great asset of the May Fair is it's location - on our last stay my wife was 7 months pregnant, this time we had our five month old, pram and all! Nearest tube is Green Park, which is fully accessible, and Harrods, Oxford Street, Buck Palace and Hyde Park are all within a short walking distance, meaning you can really make the most of your stay.

See you again soon!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear your return stay with us was an enjoyable one.
We do hope to welcome you back again very soon.
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in May 2014. This a a great place to stay in the heart of London. The hotel provides all the comfort of a truly five star hotel. The Staff were pleasant and friendly and willing to go the extra mile to accommodate your needs. The hotel is disabled friendly, with lifts large enough for an electric wheelchair. WiFi is complimentary. The rooms were smart and clean, with excellent facilities. The hotel bar is trendy, and seemed to be filled with a younger crowd. We enjoyed our stay here, and we would recommend it for anyone seeking a comfortable surrounding. We would recommend eating out in the area, since the new restaurant franchise, The Mayfair Kitchen, has chosen a more price competitive menu and seems to have sacrificed quality by comparison with other restaurants in the area. As such they seem to provide basic "hotel food" gussied up with a few trimmings. It's not far off the quality of something like a Holiday Inn. Breakfast is buffet style, which is not in keeping with the 5 Star hotel in which the restaurant sits. We had an evening meal and breakfast, and let's say it was OK, but no fireworks. The staff in the restaurant are very friendly though, and they do try so hard to please. In summary, a fabulous hotel, but eat out and you will have a better time.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tony E
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Tony,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your recent stay with us.
I have taken on board your comments about the May Fair Kitchen and will most certainly discuss this with my Group Food and Beverage Manager. Thank you for bringing this feedback to my attention.
We do hope to welcome you back to The May Fair again soon.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Whether it be your first visit to The May Fair Hotel in Stratton Street or you are a regular guest you will enjoy a welcome from every member of the team throughout the hotel. A special mention must be made to the Front Desk Team especially Fiorella and the Guest Relations Manager who always has a smile and a hello for all guests.The May Fair enjoys a great location for both business and pleasure and all rooms are of a good size with all the amenities one should require.The hotel also has a great bar which is enjoyable throughout the day and in the evening when it is busier. I would most definitely recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Iain,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear The May Fair met with your expectations.
Thank you also for your special mentions.
We do hope to welcome you back very soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My son booked me a room for my birthday and I was well received by Pau who was responsible for organising all the surprises which made my day special.The quality of the sauna and massage treatment were outstanding. Morning I received a breakfast in my room that was excellent. I did enjoy my stay, and hope I can stay again soon. Anyone who wants to organise a surprise for a friend or family member; the Mayfair hotel is definitely a good option!

Room Tip: Higher floors are a lot more quiet