“THE MAY FAIR BAR”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #222 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The may fair bar @ the may fair hotel is a must visit in London , either if staying at the hotel or just for a visit .Ms Ksenia ( one of the stewardess at the bar ) personifies all that exemplifies a perfect hostess . A definite asset to the bar, WILL SURELY GO BACK

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your kind review and delighted to hear you enjoyed your evening in the May Fair Bar. I will certainly pass on your kind compliments.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I booked a one night stay at the May Fair 06/06/14 through last minute.com one of thier top secret hotels. Once confrimed which hotel we had I called and advised them it was a special occasion as it was my partners and I two year anniversary. I was transferred to the manager of guest services and spoke to a gentleman whos name I did not pick up but when I explanied it was a special occasion he arranged for an upgrade and a bottle of Prosecco in the room all complimentry. The room was stunning there was rose petals over the bed and around the bath and a lovely chilled bottle of fizzy stuff and two glasses. This is what customer service is all about and I wont hesitate to stay again and recommend to friends. Was truly an anniversary that we will never forget. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear we were able to exceed your expectations for your stay here celebrating your Anniversary!
Your compliments were a pleasure to read and I am just so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I spent the weekend of of June 27th to June 29th at the May Fair Hotel, London. It was a fantastic experience, the staff were so helpful, especially at the front desk where my booking was handled by a young man called Pau, who so helpful and efficient and made our stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: The rooms are extremely comfortable and all amenities are provided.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Janet K
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Janet,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you so much for your kind compliments about Pau.
We very much hope to welcome you back to The May Fair in the near future.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We expected this hotel to have fantastic facilities and location, decor and we were not dissapointed.
What made our stay enjoyable ewas the level of service in the hotel especially the breakfast team of Maria elena, Monika and philomena who looked after us with a warmth and exceptional service that is so lacking in similar establishments in the area.
Housekeeping was second to none with such a personal service from Linda who ensured our needs were met.
All in all, they made our stay that little bit more special than the norm

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Maricela,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you too for your special mentions about certain staff members and please be assured I will certainly send on your kind compliments.
We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Well, we did get the most impressive upgrade ever! This of course does add a nearly star on its own. Though even without this we would rate it very highly. Check in was great and staff were friendly and very knowledgeable about the immediate area re bars, restaurants, night life etc. I think we got the upgrade as we booked a family room and at the weekend these are in short supply so we ended up in the penthouse of all places, which was spectacular to say the least. We were very spoilt but enjoyed it thoroughly.

The hotel itself is well located, the bar was good and room service prompt, well we had to have breakfast in the room - it would have been a waste not to.

It was a shame to leave.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Your compliments were truly a pleasure to read and I was just so pleased that we will able to upgrade you to our Penthouse Suite.
We do very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The location is brilliant, we were there for a shopping weekend and it was perfect. Arrived at 10am and our room was ready which was great. Quick check in too. Large room with a great bathroom, comfy bed & very quiet. However the air conditioning was not working & our room was far too hot - uncomfortably so. The breakfast the next day was also great - good choice & great quality food. The bar was fairly lively at night. Quick check out too- slight error with my bill but they amended it quickly and apologised. Great staff.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and liked the location of the Hotel.
I was so sorry to hear about the air conditioning and can quite appreciate how comfortable you must have been. I will certainly follow up on this with my Chief Engineer.
Thank you for your compliments about the team here, this is very much appreciated.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

After being shown up to the cigar room, we were left for 10/15 minutes before we had to go back down to the bar to find a waiter to serve us. After choosing a cigar from the extensive menu, we had to wait another 10/15 minutes for the waiter to find a cigar cutter, which he had to borrow from one of the other customers, and we were not even offered a light or matches. We did not see another waiter again, so had to pay a member of staff on our way out. Terrible.

Room Tip: We did not stay at the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review which I was most concerned to read.
I would like to start by offering you my personal apologies for a most disappointing visit to our Cigar Room and I am just so sorry that the service you unfortunately received was below the standards we strive to achieve here at The May Fair.
I will certainly be following up your feedback with my Food and Beverage Manager and would like to thank you for bringing this to my attention.
We do hope you will return to visit us as I would really like you to leave with the right experience of our Cigar Room.
In the meantime, I send you my best wishes,