“Amazing experience, service and hotel”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #220 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I spent one night in this hotel. The moment I stepped into the foyer I was looked after by the Front of House Manager, Botho Stein who provided a warm greeting and impeccable service. He was very quick in dealing with my booking and kindly took me up to my room and advised on what the hotel had to offer. The level of care and attention provided was 1st class and I just wish other hotels had Managers like Mr Stein.

The room was superb, high quality interiors provided a luxury feel - could not fault anything!

The location was fantastic, prime Mayfair close to Green Park, Hyde Park and Piccadilly.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in London expecting impecable service.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind compliments about Botho, this is wonderful to hear!
We very much hope to welcome you back very soon.
Inderneel Singh

Write a ReviewReviews (4,930)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

A very pleasant place to stay and a great location. All the staff were very helpful and the restaurant, The Mayfair Kitchen is excellent. Room was the lowest level but still very nice with some funky decor. I am not sure if I would stay here for a normal rate but for the discount that I got through Lastminute.com it was fabulous value.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Thank you for your compliments about the May Fair Kitchen, this is really good to hear.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the May Fair for two nights in April and had a great time. I was upgraded upon arrival which was already a perfect start. The beds are very comfortable and a very modern bathroom however the decor was not for me. I found a few of the colour schemes and details to almost border on cheap. (Red and gold velvet throw for example). The iPod speakers weren't up to date with the newer version either. Overall, I did enjoy my stay but I think some
of the smaller details could be updated.

Stayed: April 2014

Dear Thomas,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you also for your additional feedback which I will certainly follow up on.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed for one night at the May Fair prior to a wedding in London in early July. Our initial contact was with the concierge/doorman who directed us to the sat-nav unfriendly NCP. Perhaps the valet parking is worthwhile...

Really, from the moment we first pulled up, the service was exceptional. We were greeted at each turn but never made to feel uncomfortable. Once checked-in, the room was very large for a standard room and well equipped with all the amenities one would expect.

We had a nice drink in the May Fair bar and then queried where to eat with the concierge. He was swift and decisive and, once we'd given him our preferences, he booked somewhere without giving us a choice! Impressed by this control, we went along to the Italian restaurant a short walk away - Babbo - and had an excellent meal! Kudos to the concierge.

Breakfast was in our room at the time we asked for and my full English was great! My wife's pain au chocolat was good too, whilst a little on the small side.

Upon checking out the following morning, we were treated very well and asked politely to return. At all times, I felt the staff were unintrusive but very chatty - a great skill.

Would thoroughly recommend The May Fair and would hope to return again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Peter,
Thank you for your kind review and I am delighted to hear how impressed you were with the service at The May Fair.
So pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I will certainly pass on your compliments to the team.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very comfortable, huge bed, quiet room, fun decor - good facilities. Great value at GBP 244.

The hotel restaurant was good with charming service, the bar gets very busy, definitely worth reserving a table there.

Stylish lobby, foyer - great buzz.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank LondonMsR
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Thank you for your review and delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The may fair bar @ the may fair hotel is a must visit in London , either if staying at the hotel or just for a visit .Ms Ksenia ( one of the stewardess at the bar ) personifies all that exemplifies a perfect hostess . A definite asset to the bar, WILL SURELY GO BACK

Room Tip: Higher floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for your kind review and delighted to hear you enjoyed your evening in the May Fair Bar. I will certainly pass on your kind compliments.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I booked a one night stay at the May Fair 06/06/14 through last minute.com one of thier top secret hotels. Once confrimed which hotel we had I called and advised them it was a special occasion as it was my partners and I two year anniversary. I was transferred to the manager of guest services and spoke to a gentleman whos name I did not pick up but when I explanied it was a special occasion he arranged for an upgrade and a bottle of Prosecco in the room all complimentry. The room was stunning there was rose petals over the bed and around the bath and a lovely chilled bottle of fizzy stuff and two glasses. This is what customer service is all about and I wont hesitate to stay again and recommend to friends. Was truly an anniversary that we will never forget. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear we were able to exceed your expectations for your stay here celebrating your Anniversary!
Your compliments were a pleasure to read and I am just so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.