“Nice located but too crowded and noisy”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #224 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is a nice hotel centered located but it's too crowdy and noisy.
Clean and convenient located just 1 block from Picadilly St and 1 block from Green Park subway station.
Rooms are average sized and clean.
The negative is some of the tourist staying at the hotel, they are noisy, shouting at the corridors when returning from their drinks at early morning not respecting the rest of the others, kids banging doors and screaming,...complained about that and was offered a new room, fair but the nigh was over!.
When taxi came to pick me up for the airport and asked for my name told I had never been in that hotel and almost left. Service in that respect is awful!!
There are many smaller and nicer hotels in the neighborhood for the price and you are not treated as another number.
I'll think it twice before returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: Take the end of corridor rooms, if you are lucky you can have a good rest.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MigueAngel
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

I was, however, so sorry to hear about the disturbance you experienced from other residents and please do accept my personal apologies for this. I will certainly follow up on the points you have raised and would like to thank you for your feedback.
I do hope you will return to stay with us on a future occasion so you can experience The May Fair as I would have liked you to on this visit.
In the meantime, I send my best wishes to you.

There are newer reviews for The May Fair Hotel

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We had great time in this fashionable hotel, this time we came for a family trip , the team at the front desk, concierge and dining room were very friendly and helpfull. Breakfast was very good.
Guest relation were very helpful before and during our stay. We will come again with pleasure .

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Eran,
Thank you for your kind review.
I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

I really like this hotel, it has a really nice relaxed feel when you walk in. The location is great - just round the corner from Green Park tube meaning you can get to everywhere in central London easily. The reception staff are good, there were sweets in the lobby when we checked in which went down very well!! We stayed in a family room which had 2 bathrooms which was useful as there was myself and 2 friends staying and there was a tv in one of the bathrooms!! Very impressed!! Basically I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you and your friends enjoyed your stay at The May Fair and liked the family room you were allocated.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Lovely room, beautiful big comfortable bed, nice service, excellent atmosphere in the bar and fab dj. You can only use the spa as part of a package at an extra charge, and breakfast was £30 each so we didn't bother with that. Lovely breakfast round the corner for 1/4 of the price.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

The hotel lived up to all expectations without providing anything particularly special. The hotel has a busy, polished feel and is in a great location for central London. Right next to the tube, near shops, bars, amazing restaurants and a great area for wandering around.

The room was a little smaller than I expected but was nice especially the bathroom. i was on the top floor and heard no traffic noise but the banging of doors in the morning was so loud and horrible!

The price of the hotel was good, but the restaurant. bar and room service are expensive. Breakfast wasn't included and although it was good service was really poor. The staff in the actual hotel were efficient and friendly though.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Maddie,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us. Thank you for your additional feedback which I will most certainly take on board and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
I do hope this will not deter you from returning to The May Fair on a future occasion.
In the meantime, I send my best wishes,

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Myself and a friend had a truly fantastic experience at the Mayfair recently. Prior to arrival, I informed the hotel that it was my friend's birthday and a bottle of prosecco and some beautiful macaroon's were waiting in our room for us. Staff were out of this world and did everything to make our stay truly fantastic and accommodate all of our requirements. Everything about the hotel is world class... I would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Lauren,
Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear you and your friend had a nice time with us and enjoyed your the additional amenities in your room for your friend's birthday!
We do hope to welcome you both back again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip. A very nice room with a good wifi connection. The location is perfect in the middle of London, though still with easy access to the nearby parks where I went for a run. Business facilities, including the booking of a breakfast meeting, worked really well also.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Casper,
Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you were happy with the Hotel for your business trip.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.